Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 04:57 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times

Advertisements

OP there are entire societies that produce the women you desire.

Your local Fundy cult;
Bangkok, Thailand;
Trailer Parks.

You should have no problem finding a suitable date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 04:58 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Not certain professions Ruth, the Male of the Profession are apparently Fine;

Just the FEMALE variety.
Oh, I missed that, thanks. Because we know that men never try to initiate affairs, right? It''s only women, those temptresses, with hyperactive sex drive!

Old 09-04-2015, 04:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Having lived and been in an LTR with an accountant, I don't know that I'd necessarily agree with the "having tons of money" assertion. Average, middle class existence, sure. Also don't know that I'd classify accountants as particularly smooth lothario types, either, as a general species.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:01 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
This whole attitude is what leads men to cage women up at home in Near Eastern societies; they can't be trusted to be out in the workplace where they'd run into other men, see? OP, have you considered moving to Saudi Arabia? Their values suit you much better than democratic society.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:04 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davistheaug View Post
Friends keep advising and I am leaning toward their advice based on observations that the wrong types of career women are in following:

Attorneys
Working in any type of accounting finance or marketing.
Account reps for companies.
Let me address these one by one:

1. Attorneys: Completely agree. Female attorneys are terrible dates and mates. They never have enough free time to devote to building a relationship. Dates with them are usually sporadic because their career is way more important than you are. The work hours are insane. Run far away!

2. Accounting, Finance, or Marketing: These are disparate career paths that attract different types. Marketing often has the benefit of not being too demanding in terms of the work hours. That means that she can actually have free time to go out on dates and try to build a relationship. Downside of many women in marketing is that they have a tendency to be superficial and flakey.

Accounting women can be boring and not really good at asking questions or showing interests.

I have not met a lot of women in Finance. Depending on the type of finance job, the hours can be long. See problem with attorneys.

3. Account reps: Not a great bunch in my experience. Once had a date with a medical device sales rep who was late, very fidgety with her phone, and couldn't wait to depart. She made up a total BS excuse on it as well. Seemed very narcissistic.That date left a really bad taste in my mouth. I can't hold that against every account rep, but I was quite insulted by her subpar treatment of me.

In general, a woman who places too much emphasis on her career is not a good bet in dating or as a girlfriend. With those 3 professions, there are a lot of "careerist" women who are about themselves and living the "Sex and the City" or "Girls" shallow urban lifestyle rather than focusing on building something real.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:40 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Let me address these one by one:

1. Attorneys: Completely agree. Female attorneys are terrible dates and mates. They never have enough free time to devote to building a relationship. Dates with them are usually sporadic because their career is way more important than you are. The work hours are insane. Run far away!

2. Accounting, Finance, or Marketing: These are disparate career paths that attract different types. Marketing often has the benefit of not being too demanding in terms of the work hours. That means that she can actually have free time to go out on dates and try to build a relationship. Downside of many women in marketing is that they have a tendency to be superficial and flakey.

Accounting women can be boring and not really good at asking questions or showing interests.

I have not met a lot of women in Finance. Depending on the type of finance job, the hours can be long. See problem with attorneys.

3. Account reps: Not a great bunch in my experience. Once had a date with a medical device sales rep who was late, very fidgety with her phone, and couldn't wait to depart. She made up a total BS excuse on it as well. Seemed very narcissistic.That date left a really bad taste in my mouth. I can't hold that against every account rep, but I was quite insulted by her subpar treatment of me.

In general, a woman who places too much emphasis on her career is not a good bet in dating or as a girlfriend. With those 3 professions, there are a lot of "careerist" women who are about themselves and living the "Sex and the City" or "Girls" shallow urban lifestyle rather than focusing on building something real.

But the man can expect to have both the career and the "something real"...?

I'm asking.

How has the human race limped along all those years when men were the breadwinners?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:46 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Women only want account managers, right?
Oh it's THAT guy.

Maybe he will talk to a woman one day but with that attitude probably not.

/spectrum

Old 09-05-2015, 07:32 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
But the man can expect to have both the career and the "something real"...?

I'm asking.

How has the human race limped along all those years when men were the breadwinners?
I would not imagine it to be all too fulfilling from certain angles to be a woman and trying to date a man who works 60+ hour weeks. I have had male friends that worked long hours and I rarely saw them and it was not good for our friendships. I was certainly disinclined from hanging out with them.

I don't think men working excessive hours is a good thing. Relationships take time to develop. I have made certain career decisions based upon anticipated working hours and leaving time in my life for both dating and to explore my own interests. It is possible that I've left money on the table by pursuing this path.

Generally speaking, women are more attracted to ambitious career men than men are to ambitious career women. Men generally do not care that much about a woman's work in determining whether she is attractive. When many men think about a woman's work, anything above a 40-45 hour work week for most men isn't all too appealing because we want to spend time with her and she's not going to make us a priority compared to her work. I think many men would prefer a sub-40 hour a week worker theoretically, but in the long term, there are potential downsides. However, in the long term, there's something really appealing about being able to get home from work and have a woman there, either with a home-cooked meal or immediately ready to pounce on you for sex because she's fresh due to not being worn out from a stressful work day.

It's really hard to answer your question directly and concisely due to the biological sex differences.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:23 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,703,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Oh it's THAT guy.

Maybe he will talk to a woman one day but with that attitude probably not.

/spectrum
Yep...he can't.imagine that people and lives can't be put into nice little checklists that he can use to figure it all out....and he reacts badly and with disbelief when people tell that this just don't work that way.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:36 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I would not imagine it to be all too fulfilling from certain angles to be a woman and trying to date a man who works 60+ hour weeks. I have had male friends that worked long hours and I rarely saw them and it was not good for our friendships. I was certainly disinclined from hanging out with them.

I don't think men working excessive hours is a good thing. Relationships take time to develop. I have made certain career decisions based upon anticipated working hours and leaving time in my life for both dating and to explore my own interests. It is possible that I've left money on the table by pursuing this path.

Having been a female with crazy work hours, this isn't a gender-related issue. Anybody working 60+ hour workweeks routinely is going to struggle with regularly meeting socially with others and maintaining healthy relationships with loved ones, family, and friends outside of working time...particularly the more people there are in the mix. You might be able to squeeze in a SO now and then...forget having regular, healthy family participation.

Quote:
Generally speaking, women are more attracted to ambitious career men than men are to ambitious career women. Men generally do not care that much about a woman's work in determining whether she is attractive. When many men think about a woman's work, anything above a 40-45 hour work week for most men isn't all too appealing because we want to spend time with her and she's not going to make us a priority compared to her work. I think many men would prefer a sub-40 hour a week worker theoretically, but in the long term, there are potential downsides. However, in the long term, there's something really appealing about being able to get home from work and have a woman there, either with a home-cooked meal or immediately ready to pounce on you for sex because she's fresh due to not being worn out from a stressful work day.

It's really hard to answer your question directly and concisely due to the biological sex differences.
Who wouldn't want somebody making them dinner every day and with sex on the ready? This also isn't male/female-centric. Definitely not a "biological sex difference."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships