Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 08:58 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbuvrun View Post
One of my peers told me that maybe I should have not been a good mannered individual and be a total bad ass in my earlier years and that I would have had better luck finding women. My peer told me that women go for guys who are acting like bad asses.
Lots of mentally damaged guys think mentally damaged women are a great catch.

I'm not of that thinking, but water does find its lowest point...so it may work "splendidly" for some folks. They wouldn't know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 11:05 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
One of my peers told me that maybe I should have not been a good mannered individual and be a total bad ass in my earlier years and that I would have had better luck finding women. My peer told me that women go for guys who are acting like bad asses. I just wasn't raised like that. I was never a heavy drinker, smoker or a wild party animal. Is this true that is why it is so hard and women live for guys like that? Maybe I should have been like that and if I change to that maybe I will have better luck with women. It just seems that at 40 it will be a lot harder because women will not be interested in me because I am 40 and already old?is it true?
Tell me, is your "peer" a heavy drinking, smoking, party animal badass? If so, how's that working out for him? Women everywhere? Marriage? Alone?

If he's not, how's that working out for him? Women everywhere? Marriage? Alone?

Think about the answers to those questions before you take that guys advice again.

In the meantime, if you want to know what women want, ask women.

(Here's the super secret answer: I don't like heavy drinkers, I think smoking is a nasty, disgusting habit, I have no idea why you think anyone who is not currently on tour with Megadeath should act like a party animal, but it's not attractive. Self assured women like self assured men who treat them like equals. Spread the word!!!)

Old 09-09-2015, 05:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Does the following guy who is 40 years old have a chance to still find love and be a great father and husband or is he too late?

Here are some of his features

Has a rewarding career in business/financial systems development
Owners a nice home
Has good tastes in music(pop, classic rock, classical, jazz and show tunes)
Enjoys bike riding
Loves attending basketball, hockey and football games
Likes going to new restaurants
Enjoys photography
Enjoys museums
Weighs 290 lbs and is 6 foot 5.
Has had relationships but hasn't found the right person
Likes to hold hands and flirt on dates.
Enjoys complimenting a woman (telling her that he likes her smile)
Dresses really nice.

Does this guy have a chance or is he too late and too old?
Yes, he has a chance.

Much less of a chance if he socially awkward though.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:52 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Go to a gym and casually work out be friendly not so complimentary ,too anxious to please.
Consistently be there and dependable and let women get to know you at their pace .
Let no one rush you into something either.
Relationships built over night dry up as quickly.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:18 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,335 times
OP - most people in their 30s and 40s are not single...they're either married or in long-term relationships. With that said, it's a huge world out there with tons of people. Assuming you're looking for a woman who's around your age (or a bit younger since you expressed an interest in kids)...of course you have a chance to date a great woman, especially if you're open to dating divorced women.

You've had multiple relationships before, so I presume that you're socially competent at the very least and are able to relate to other people.

There are plenty of men and women around your age in situations similar to yours.

Also, your peer doesn't seem very bright. (It's unusual for a 40-year old to use the word "peer". )

Old 09-11-2015, 10:46 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
be glad you have had relationships
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships