Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this text "I want to stare deeply into your eyes?"
Creepy 22 61.11%
Appealing 3 8.33%
I'll explain in the comments 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 11:18 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Funny how the few samples here seem to echo your group. I would say it's "eye-roll inducing bad" more so than creepy. If I had a friend who texted that to a girl he was trying to hit on/get to know/etc I'd never let him live that down. I only say stuff like that to my wife when I'm goofing around.
Eye-roll is probably a good description. It wasn't like serial killer creepy. But lame and not appealing.

I agree, once you actually know someone you can use that either as a joke or seriously depending on what sort or relationship you have. But without the context of knowing each other it comes across as weird, and inexperienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think some people look for excuses to not become involved with someone.

The only reason that statement is "creepy" is because your friend wants it to be that way; a convient excuse to not give a possible relationship a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
The girl just probably thought the guy was an uggo/dweeb. Had he looked like Channing Tatum or The Rock, she'd have giggled girlishly and said "aww you're so sweet!" It's kind of like what Chris Rock used to say: "It's sexual harassment only when an ugly man wants some. If Clarence Thomas looked like Denzel Washington, Anita Hill would've just been like 'Clarence you so nasty...with your fine self..."
Actually she was game to go out with him till the weird comment. The whole look into your eyes sounds like a bad Bryan Adams lyric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 11:35 AM

277 posts, read 271,551 times
I wonder if this compliment was made by someone who is not a native English speaker. If yes, then I am 99% certain that it was not meant to be weird, but the person does not have enough vocabulary to make it sound softer

Old 09-07-2015, 11:52 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
It's an old, old, old line pulled from old movies and old "romantic" books - which means he's a little short on the intelligence and creativity factors. She should not expect much scintillating conversation with him. In fact, she is going to finally walk away because inability to have an intelligent conversation. She now communicates on a work turf - and if he's good at his job, she will not have noticed this too much. Take him out of that environment, and it will become obvious quickly.

It's not his fault he's not Einstein - but she needs to be aware of that before going in.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:40 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
"...when they're in the jar in the basement next to the pair of eyes I got last summer."

Yeah, if someone I wasn't in a pretty committed relationship with said that to me, that's what I would fill in the blanks.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:03 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Her contractor isn't Mr Professional by any chance, is it?

I send my "whatever he is" cheesy texts sometimes. It really depends on the context and how comfortable the relationship is.

but really, it doesn't sound like she likes this guy too much if she's creeped out by something like that. Yes, it sounds like a line, but who cares? They are flirting. If she was that into him she would have sent an equally cheesy line back or at least teased him about it. Instead she chose to go to her girlfriends and say "OMG this guy blew it!" So she must not have liked him too much.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:06 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Her contractor isn't Mr Professional by any chance, is it?

I send my "whatever he is" cheesy texts sometimes. It really depends on the context and how comfortable the relationship is.

but really, it doesn't sound like she likes this guy too much if she's creeped out by something like that. Yes, it sounds like a line, but who cares? They are flirting. If she was that into him she would have sent an equally cheesy line back or at least teased him about it. Instead she chose to go to her girlfriends and say "OMG this guy blew it!" So she must not have liked him too much.
I agree completely.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:08 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
The girl just probably thought the guy was an uggo/dweeb. Had he looked like Channing Tatum or The Rock, she'd have giggled girlishly and said "aww you're so sweet!" It's kind of like what Chris Rock used to say: "It's sexual harassment only when an ugly man wants some. If Clarence Thomas looked like Denzel Washington, Anita Hill would've just been like 'Clarence you so nasty...with your fine self..."
I get what your saying but Chris Rock should not be used for dating advice ever. He's clueless about it. Joking about having put a pubic hair on a Coke can is creepy regardless if the guy looks like Clarence Thomas or Idris Elba. Anita Hill was an educated attorney, not some trailer park floozy. Quality women don't stand for that ****e.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:42 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I am short so I can't tell if they're looking into my eyes or down my shirt.... Or both.
So I wait a few and then ask.. What color ARE my eyes, and if he says pink I know he's lying!

Old 09-07-2015, 03:15 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I just think it;s creepy because it's weird. You don't announce you want to stare deeply into your woman's eyes, you just do it. You stare deeply into each others' eyes because you are really thinking about more than just staring, so say that. I would much rather a guy say something more overtly sexual like "I can't stop thinking about how good you smell" or "I want to kiss you neck, and work my way down". It just sounds odd to me to say you want to stare in someone's eyes, that sounds more like he wants to hypnotize her than seduce her.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:33 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I don't find it as creepy as I do just plain corny. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships