Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:49 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Not exactly. You said:
"It is not about domination, which is what "submit" implies. Wanting to have a strong man to lean on is Wanting to have a strong man to lean on is about wanting to feel safe...so when you make the woman feel completely and totally safe with you, when she knows your decisions are going to be the right ones and she can just relax and let you take care of the noises in the night and other dangers and know in her heart she'll be okay because you're taking care of it (and her) then she will relax into your leadership."

It's fine if that's what you want, but I wouldn't say it's universal. "Strong" leadership doesn't even enter into my criteria. And conceded, you did not use the word "big".
I wasn't using strong to describe physical attributes. What I mean is having a rock to lean on, someone who makes me feel physically and emotionally safe, and no I do not mean his body when I say "rock".

My grandfather was such a man, and he was hardly big and strong. He treated my grandmom like gold, he didn't order her around, he worshipped her...but there was no question she looked up to him and respected him as the "man" in the relationship, and when troubles arose, she never had to question whether he would be willing or able to lead them out of it. He didn't decide every little thing or tell her "this is what we are doing", of course she was an equal partner. One person being a leader does not mean they are not equal partners, there are leaders in every relationship even the most casual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously. I suggested a mutually convenient location for a date tomorrow, and I even proposed a time. I wasn't leading, I just asked her out and had a plan, like a normal person.
That IS leading. It is subtle, it is not overt.

Again I don't think we are talking about the same thing when we say leadership.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:52 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That IS leading.

No, it really isn't. We didn't have to use my plan (I wouldn't have cared), and it wasn't that much of a plan, it was just tossing an idea out there because it's impolite to ask someone out and not suggest something.

Nothing about it was really leading. If she said "I don't like that place, how about _____" I would have said "Sure, no problem".

Old 09-08-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
No, it really isn't. We didn't have to use my plan (I wouldn't have cared), and it wasn't that much of a plan, it was just tossing an idea out there because it's impolite to ask someone out and not suggest something.

Nothing about it was really leading. If she said "I don't like that place, how about _____" I would have said "Sure, no problem".
Of course the other person would have input. I already multiple times said it's not a dictatorship and it's not telling someone what to do. You don't get it, and I don't know how to explain it better so I'm just gonna stop trying.

Your example actually was leading, though.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:57 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Of course the other person would have input. I already multiple times said it's not a dictatorship and it's not telling someone what to do. You don't get it, and I don't know how to explain it better so I'm just gonna stop trying.

I don't get it because you aren't explaining it well. No one really seems to be picking up what you're putting down.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I don't get it because you aren't explaining it well. No one really seems to be picking up what you're putting down.
All the more reason to stop trying.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bosche View Post
I prefer real, feminine women.

Sorry
No, you prefer "easy" women who will be your one night stand/FWB until you get tired of them and move on to the next. Your "preferences" are nothing but shallow and immature.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Imo it sounds pathetic when an adult wants to be led by another adult..Once you reach a certain age you should have your own voice and thoughts and opinions that count as much as another person..

To me it sounds like daddy issues if you need to be guided by another adult

Old 09-08-2015, 02:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I've never heard any woman say that she wants a leader.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:43 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
What people "want" is not nessarily a reflection of need
This may be what you are experiencing.

People say they want leaders all the time, however they may choose to word it. It's not uncommon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships