Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 05:12 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Did any guy ever lay a pickup line on you, that actually got your positive attention?
"Hello. How are you?"

No, I'm not kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 10:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
not a girl
but the worst line that ever worked for me:
she leans in and sniffs: "oh my god, what have you got on?"
me: "Ive got a hard on...I didn't think you could smell it"

worked!!!

I dared a buddy to got up to a table and ask 4 cuties "excuse me...which one of you 2 finds me the least repulsive"
2 laughed, 2 did not...waved me over...he and I both hooked up...lol

make em laugh...that is usually 75% of the battle right there

Old 09-14-2015, 10:23 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Hm, pickup lines...

A scenario:
There is a male at a social thing (bar, whatever) and there is some attraction. He is one that I would say "yes" to. There is eye contact, which leads to communication, none of his speech or mannerisms put me off and turn the "yes" into a "no." He succeeds.

This actually happened... I was at a concert and one of the musicians caught my eye. I caught his. We made eyes at each other the whole time they played. After their set, he came off the stage and found me in the crowd before the next act started. He used a lame pickup line. Sniffed my hair, and said, "Mmm I can smell all of your addictions. You smell great." Was supposed to be sexy or something, came off to me as ridiculous, particularly since my only addiction is smoking (which I know is gross, and smells gross.) I made excuses and vanished. Had he talked to me like normal people, that might have gone differently...maybe.

It has been my experience that by the time a "pickup line" has a chance to be deployed, the woman (in my case) has already made her choice as to whether a potential suitor is a yes or a no, and no line, no matter how smooth, is going to change that. But he COULD ruin his chances, change the yes to a no, if he does something really stupid. Changing a no, to a yes, is nearly impossible with just words. Changing a maybe to a yes however, can be done. Best strategy is to notice some particular about her and talk about it. In my case, the band on my shirt is a solid bet every single time...I don't make it difficult.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hm, pickup lines...

A scenario:
There is a male at a social thing (bar, whatever) and there is some attraction. He is one that I would say "yes" to. There is eye contact, which leads to communication, none of his speech or mannerisms put me off and turn the "yes" into a "no." He succeeds.

This actually happened... I was at a concert and one of the musicians caught my eye. I caught his. We made eyes at each other the whole time they played. After their set, he came off the stage and found me in the crowd before the next act started. He used a lame pickup line. Sniffed my hair, and said, "Mmm I can smell all of your addictions. You smell great." Was supposed to be sexy or something, came off to me as ridiculous, particularly since my only addiction is smoking (which I know is gross, and smells gross.) I made excuses and vanished. Had he talked to me like normal people, that might have gone differently...maybe.

It has been my experience that by the time a "pickup line" has a chance to be deployed, the woman (in my case) has already made her choice as to whether a potential suitor is a yes or a no, and no line, no matter how smooth, is going to change that. But he COULD ruin his chances, change the yes to a no, if he does something really stupid. Changing a no, to a yes, is nearly impossible with just words. Changing a maybe to a yes however, can be done. Best strategy is to notice some particular about her and talk about it. In my case, the band on my shirt is a solid bet every single time...I don't make it difficult.
very true

I have NEVER just popped in and uttered a line...there has ALWAYS been eye contact, maybe a little smile...a few looks back and forth...I don't go in dry...I need to fire a few tracer rounds to light the way...

the closest I ever came to drive by was a cutie walked by my group of idiots to the bathroom...my buddy who belches loud enough to shatter glass let one rip...clearly audible over the band...she looked at him like he spit in her face and went to the ladies room...when she finally came out (we deduced later that she had in fact pooped so luckily no one went in for it) he belched again...she looked at him in disgust and then at me...I muttered "hes off his meds"...and that was my in LOL...

didn't hook up though,,,like I said she was in there for 20 minutes...she had to have pooped...ew

Old 09-15-2015, 03:11 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
very true

I have NEVER just popped in and uttered a line...there has ALWAYS been eye contact, maybe a little smile...a few looks back and forth...I don't go in dry...I need to fire a few tracer rounds to light the way...

the closest I ever came to drive by was a cutie walked by my group of idiots to the bathroom...my buddy who belches loud enough to shatter glass let one rip...clearly audible over the band...she looked at him like he spit in her face and went to the ladies room...when she finally came out (we deduced later that she had in fact pooped so luckily no one went in for it) he belched again...she looked at him in disgust and then at me...I muttered "hes off his meds"...and that was my in LOL...

didn't hook up though,,,like I said she was in there for 20 minutes...she had to have pooped...ew
Dude. You know nothing about ladies or the ladies room. Half the time, no one is using the actual toilet.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:54 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Dude. You know nothing about ladies or the ladies room. Half the time, no one is using the actual toilet.
It's true. She was probably in there talking to other women about how gross he and his friend were, and warning all the other ladies about walking by them and that they were creeps.

Or fixing her hair/makeup. Or texting.

Most women I know won't poop in a public bathroom unless it's an emergency.

Cute, though, how dudes being disgusting was supposedly alright, but HE chose not to pursue HER because she may have had a bodily function, in a room totally designed for people to go and tend to that bodily function. I wonder if he quizzes women before attempting to hit on them, on when was the last time they pooped? I hope he realizes that every woman actually DOES poop...?

lol

Old 09-16-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It's true. She was probably in there talking to other women about how gross he and his friend were, and warning all the other ladies about walking by them and that they were creeps.

Or fixing her hair/makeup. Or texting.

Most women I know won't poop in a public bathroom unless it's an emergency.

Cute, though, how dudes being disgusting was supposedly alright, but HE chose not to pursue HER because she may have had a bodily function, in a room totally designed for people to go and tend to that bodily function. I wonder if he quizzes women before attempting to hit on them, on when was the last time they pooped? I hope he realizes that every woman actually DOES poop...?

lol
I used to carry wet naps, and in extreme cases, Clorox wipes...so in case the womenz did have to drop the browns off at the superbowl I didn't have to experience any lingering traces of it if I graced them with my sex.

This was a small one person only bathroom so she was NOT talking to other women...
it didn't look like she had added any makeup...this was before cell phones
ALSO...she was a small petite girl, who had just sucked down a 12 ounce steak and a large baked potatoe...trust me we didn't just assume she sprayed mudd...we took all factors into consideration...including the woman who was waiting to use it after her (there was a line) made the "ooh who pooped and didn't spray" wrinkly face look...no I think we analyzed the situation well...

and for the record I did NOT approve of my friend belching like that...he embarrassed us many a time...

Old 09-16-2015, 08:08 AM

649 posts, read 570,303 times
Are those space pants that you're wearing because your butt looks out of this world. Swoon, so romantic.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:42 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Hi" is good. "Hi" works.
How about "Hey babe, would you like to get 'hi' with me?"

Oops, I guess that's not exactly what you meant. Sorry, my misunderstanding!

Old 09-17-2015, 02:58 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,694 times
Some of my cheesiest pickup lines to optionally use with women:

1. "You must be in great shape . . . 'cause you've been running through my mind all day!!"

2. "Was that an earthquake I just felt? Or did you just 'rock my world'?"

3. "There’s only one thing I want to change about you. Your last name."

4. "If I were a cat, i’d spend all 9 lives with you."

5. "Of all your beautiful curves, your smile is my favorite."

6. "Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears."

7. "Do you have a band aid? Cause I scrapped my knees falling for you."

8. "Are you religious? Cause you’re the answer to all my prayers."

9. "You mind if I fantasize about you?"

10. "You really shouldn’t wear makeup. You’re messing with perfection!"

11. "You owe me a drink, you’re so pretty I dropped mine when I saw you."

12. "You must be a hell of a thief because you stole my heart from across the room."

13. "You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy."

14. "You may fall from the sky, you may fall from a tree, but the best way to fall … is in love with me."

15. "You look cold. Want to use me as a blanket?"

16. "You like sleeping? Me too! We should do it together sometime."

17. "You know what material this is? [grabbing my shirt] Boyfriend material."

18. "Would you grab my arm so I can tell my friends I’ve been touched by an angel?"

Now tell me, what women wouldn't fall for these great lines? What's that you say? "What women? All women!!!" Oh well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships