Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 02:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times

Advertisements

4 weeks.

4 weeks...!!!!

that's 28 days!

Sorry OP but no one from a dating site is worth a big clump of words like that after 28 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 03:32 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Another thread about OLD drama.. Imagine that. It's as if they are designed to create distrust while turning you into a desperate & insecure online stalker.. Keeping you locked indefinitely into the system on you search for love. All while draining your bank account. How romantic!

Old 09-08-2015, 04:46 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
This is prob. why when and if I start dating again, I will not go the online dating route. Give me the good old fashioned face-to-face meeting someone anytime over all that. Texting would be very minimal. Nothing serious. No lengthy dialogues. You cannot see a person's facial expressions, see their body language and hear their tone. There is too much guesswork trying to figure out what someone means in a text.

If I was dating someone for a month and their behavior changed I would confront them about it...ask if I did or said something that offended them, apologize if so. That's all I can do. If their behavior was still different and I was getting any kind of run around at all, I can take a hint and move on. Simple as that. Life is short and why waste time with someone who is not interested in me? And I certainly wouldn't waste anymore time trying to figure out what went wrong? Too many other people out there who don't play mind games, are upfront about their feelings and will be honest and let me know if they don't want to see me anymore. As long as I can accept these things, my ego won't suffer much, my head will still be held high knowing that it was their loss, not mine.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:33 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjschu203 View Post
Yes but like me she hide her profile earlier on and then I look to see that it's unhidden which means she wants to communicate with people again.
I hid my profile before deactivating my account and yet I was still getting messages and winks and showing as active even though I never logged on. If you read an email from them, it shows you are online. Which means your profile is reactivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
As far as I am aware match doesn't just delete accounts.
Their "delete" option (essentially) just prevents people from responding to the account by hiding it. You have to refrain from logging in for a few months once you have canceled your account to be "deleted"

Your information is still in the server, they just take away the front end and ability to access it. You have to pay to have it removed completely from their system.
True. When you deactivate your subscription they keep your profile on file for a year "in case you change your mind and want to come back." Translation: they keep your profile as active so they can try to lure you back by sending you emails someone has winked at you or emailed you, when in truth that has not really happened. At least that was my experience. My profile kept showing up as "active within 24 hours" even though my subscription was over (used my friend's account to find this out).

You can't delete your profile with Match; you have to ask them to do it for you. This is a huge reason I won't go back to them. There is no way to tell if someone's profile is really active or if they are just marketing it as such (my brother keeps getting winks from women who claim they've never looked at his profile when he contacts them. I had the same thing happen to me).

Old 09-09-2015, 09:34 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I hid my profile before deactivating my account and yet I was still getting messages and winks and showing as active even though I never logged on. If you read an email from them, it shows you are online. Which means your profile is reactivated.

While yes reading an email from match will show you as "online now", you can be seen as "online now" and still have a hidden profile. For instance people who's pictures you "liked" can still see your activity in their "who's liked me" section, but it will still say your profile is hidden. Logging back on does not make your profile visible unless you actually change your setting to visible. So she had to have intentionally un-hidden her profile.

OP, while her actions are definitely suspicious, I do think you overreacted, you should've played it more cool. I do think you should have talked to her about it, but not in such a confrontational manner. I was in a similar situation about 5 months ago, and it turned out he went back to his ex. But basically same thing happened, we were exclusive, he stopped going on match....and then one day I noticed he started logging on multiple times a day, I didn't confront him about it, I just played it cool. Eventually he told me what was up and we parted ways. So because of my experience, I do think its suspicious. Is she still logging on? Is her profile still visible? If yes to all both of these questions, honestly I'd move on. And above all this you've said something changed in her after the visit with the parents, so logical guess would be she just lost interest for whatever reason.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:08 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Logging back on does not make your profile visible unless you actually change your setting to visible. So she had to have intentionally un-hidden her profile.
Are you positive on this? I know that mine was shown as active even though I had not logged in. Also, if you deactivate your profile on OKC and log in, it automatically activates your profile. Since Match and OKC are owned by the same people, I would not be surprised if someone were to hide their profile, and then log in to cancel their subscription if it re-activated their profile. I'm not saying this is the case, just that it wouldn't surprise me. I have not been on Match in awhile due to my personal discovery of their shady business practices, specifically advertising profiles that are not active as active and online.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:10 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Any updates on the situation, OP???

Old 09-09-2015, 02:47 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Any updates on the situation, OP???

Well its been 30 days now, perhaps they've just got engaged?

Old 09-09-2015, 05:55 PM

645 posts, read 750,033 times
if you are both interested in each other and are getting serious why not just delete the profiles instead of hiding them? hiding them instead of deleting them just means your not sure about the person yet and you keep the profile up to have a backup plan in case it doesn't work...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships