Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:03 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middles24 View Post
Yeah I know where your coming at. but my thinking is and i know it shouldn't be, but we've had a couple of incidences before. we had a year break about 6 years ago, and an almost break up a year ago. everytime I faught for her and both times I won her back, so i'm just expecting the same result here. I just want to know do I fight to show her what she means to me, or lay down and look weak. I've always believed that when couples separate, there is always something deep inside that needs to be drawn out. You hust got to find new ways to love.
Sometimes it is when you don't hold them back that shows them that you really care about them; like "less is more".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,721 times
How old was she when you guys got married? Has she ever lived by herself?
It sounds like deep down she wants to be by herself for awhile if she has tried to break up a few times before. Maybe she really does love you, but doesn't know who she is, and needs some time alone. Also, if she is lonely like someone mentioned, it's hard being married and being lonely and not being able to do anything about it.
Maybe you can separate for awhile? Not knowing what her reasons are it's hard to make suggestions.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:36 PM

11 posts, read 26,884 times
We got together at 17 and married at 24. We are 27 now. At the moment she hangs around with alot of 20-21 year olds going to clubs. I'm sort of thinking that when she told me she wants some independance she really means she wants their life and their responsibilties. But that time has past and she should see what her responsibilties are now. But since my last post she has said that she's been all about myself and the kids and not put any effort into herself.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
My ex was the same way sorta. She claimed she never got to do any partying etc because she married to young. So she cheated, spent the next 16 years partying. And now all she has to show for it is a couple bad kidneys from all the booze and drugs, 2 kids with worthless fathers, no drivers license, and a slight criminal record. But she had the time of her life!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 PM

I may have had some success or more consuement. We went to a see a movie last night, but a "FRIENDS". Sh also said see will give concelling serious thought, but I have the impression that she would have to want to. Should I hold onto hope or do I still mope around while all this is in limbo.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,006 times
Ahh no wonder! Still in your 20s. That's the issue. Maybe you are more mature than she... but marrying in your 20s is a risk. In this day and age 20somethings are more kids than adults. Sorry.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:16 AM

She has said she will go off for 4 days to think about her desicion. With no distractions. Good or bad think.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 AM

740 posts, read 1,973,814 times
Hmm, sounds like she has made up her mind already. Considering she is alone for 2 solid weeks, why would she need 4 days to think and decide? I am guessing you have about that until you have to go back to work. Doesn't sound good to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships