Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 02:44 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Being a principle is somewhat a public figure in a local community. I'm pretty sure he knew that the possibility of running into someone or someone recognizing him when he signed up has already crossed his mind. I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 02:46 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-no View Post
When I sent him a wink, he didn't know that I would be a parent at the school. I'm new to this school as well.
I was curious to see who the new principal was, so I googled him, and lo and behold, his picture popped up. The same exact picture he used for his online dating profiles. I actually saw him on OkCupid as well. lol

Yep, he's VERY handsome, educated, divorced with kids, and who knows what else. I'm more embarrassed that he "rejected" me since he did not reply back to my wink.

Also, another guy I messaged on Match is a parent in my kid's class. It's like a mini Match reunion. Needless to say, I was red the entire open house day.

someone has created a fake profile...most likely one of his students!

You might not see anything wrong with a Principal looking for love online, Im saying the Principal himself will have an issue with it!!

Also a handsome middle aged professional NEEDS to online date? As if! I bet he already has a lovely partner!

At the very least he would've protected his privacy by using OTHER photos...!

Old 09-08-2015, 02:54 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
When I sent him a wink, he didn't know that I would be a parent at the school. I'm new to this school as well.
I was curious to see who the new principal was, so I googled him, and lo and behold, his picture popped up. The same exact picture he used for his online dating profiles. I actually saw him on OkCupid as well. lol

Yep, he's VERY handsome, educated, divorced with kids, and who knows what else. I'm more embarrassed that he "rejected" me since he did not reply back to my wink.

Also, another guy I messaged on Match is a parent in my kid's class. It's like a mini Match reunion. Needless to say, I was red the entire open house day.
Oh my gosh. You see this as "rejection"? Come on. So you would expect every guy you smiled at to smile and start flirting with you?

Old 09-08-2015, 02:57 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,620 times
Quote:
Embarrassing. It's embarrassing because I sent him a wink, he looked at my profile and that was it. No reply. Nothing. I just hope he doesn't recognize me IRL, but it doesn't help that I'm one of the 1% minority group in the area, so I kind of stand out due to that. Next time, I will not message anyone in the same town again.

Oh, and the principal looks a little like Dean Cain, maybe even hotter. By far, the best looking principal I have ever seen. He looked even better in person. Too bad he wasn't interested in me. I googled him and found out that he's very educated and artistic. I may not have a chance since I think he only goes for White women, but this I don't know for sure.

Any advice on what I can do to get his attention without appearing desperate? I'm embarrassed already, but goddamn, he's hot. I may have to pretend to be one of the single rich yoga moms that I see at his school, and join the PTO meetings since the principal usually attends. I just don't have blonde hair.
Hmm. That would be hard to pass up. Just saying.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:00 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
My brothers a Principal, and the more I think about it the more convinced I am that this guys account is a fake.

There is just no way my brother would risk his career nor his standing amongst pupils, by doing something so public and obvious...!!!
I don't think going on Match would be risking a career as a principal. Its not like his students would be on there, what's the worst that can happen a teacher or two see him? Big deal. Match also has the private mode feature for people who have high profile jobs and don't want to be searched.

Anyway OP, as everyone else has said nothing to be embarrassed about as he's on there as well. He might not even know its you, even if he does I'm sure he'll be flattered. When I was a kid my junior high school principal (who was gorgeous!) had a huge crush on my mom, and everyone knew it....too bad he was married, my mom was divorced. It was quite embarrassing for me though, since once he met my mom he became super nice to me and always favored me. So if anything you're sparing your child the embarrassment lol.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:04 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
I'm more embarrassed that he "rejected" me since he did not reply back to my wink.
I never replied to winks on Match either - in fact, I stopped looking at them altogether. If someone only cared to make that little effort online, he probably wasn't going to make much effort in dating.

In other words, it's not a rejection. Perhaps he's holding out for someone who will make the effort to send an actual message.

In this case, if it IS real, get offline and get to know him in person.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:18 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
LOL, I actually thought this was you making the thread when I clicked it (because of the beginning of the username), and was wondering if you had broken up with your current boyfriend.
Still hanging in there. Not single (yet). It's actually getting better.

But yes, I had those moments, too, when coworkers winked at me on POF.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I don't think going on Match would be risking a career as a principal. Its not like his students would be on there, what's the worst that can happen a teacher or two see him? Big deal. Match also has the private mode feature for people who have high profile jobs and don't want to be searched.

Anyway OP, as everyone else has said nothing to be embarrassed about as he's on there as well. He might not even know its you, even if he does I'm sure he'll be flattered. When I was a kid my junior high school principal (who was gorgeous!) had a huge crush on my mom, and everyone knew it....too bad he was married, my mom was divorced. It was quite embarrassing for me though, since once he met my mom he became super nice to me and always favored me. So if anything you're sparing your child the embarrassment lol.
That's not what I said.

I said a Principal would not risk his students catching him at such a disadvantage.

The pic being the same as the one on his school profile is a clue.

Someones copied/pasted into a fake profile, and is catfishing both sides (which btw is Identify Theft and could lead to police charges for the offender).

You read it here first folks!

OP I dare you to say to the Principal something about his profile, and he will be HORRIFIED that he appears to have one in the first place!

Somethings not right. I smell a big fat catfish.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
That's not what I said.

I said a Principal would not risk his students catching him at such a disadvantage.

The pic being the same as the one on his school profile is a clue.

Someones copied/pasted into a fake profile, and is catfishing both sides (which btw is Identify Theft and could lead to police charges for the offender).

You read it here first folks!

OP I dare you to say to the Principal something about his profile, and he will be HORRIFIED that he appears to have one in the first place!

Somethings not right. I smell a big fat catfish.
You've made your point, cinderslipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
You must not spend much time around anyone aged 12-17.

Far be it from me to agree with cinderslipper, but there are many teachers and principals who avoid social media because of the problems that come when nosy/bored/mischievous students start searching for them online.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:38 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
It happens............I nicely turned down a lady because the logistics/busy lives/driving distance wouldn't work.

We chatted online a few times and I came to realize that with the amount of hours she works the long commute time, the issues I am dealing with my family it won't work.

Then a few weeks ago we made brief eye contact at the store/run into each other IRL it was a bit awkward and then we went our separate ways.

So yeah it can happen in a large metros like So Cal where so many drive and are in so many different places that eventually you bump into each other.

Had it happen at church too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships