Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times

Advertisements

Sounds like both parties are narcissists. The outcome was likely inevitable.

Marriages take work and a lot of communication. It's rather apparent that neither is taking place. The relationship has had 10 years to develop, but maybe fester is a better word here. It's incredibly easy to grow apart and not know it until a conflict like this starts to happen.

In the 10 years of...whatever this is...has there been any discussion about goals? It sounds like neither of you are interested in having kids, but there should always be a common goal you are both working to accomplish.

I would recommend therapy, but you would have to be willing to put in the work and I don't see any indication that will happen. It's also concerning that she has been gone for two weeks now and you haven't made a real effort to find her. If this was her way of trying to determine how much you care about the marriage, I'm guessing you failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 08:40 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I am sorry that you have to work so hard, 25 hours a week from home. Poor you.

I think your wife dodget a bullet. You sound like an a$$.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:04 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
What's the point of this thread?

Old 09-10-2015, 09:13 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I've been a-studyin' on that for quite some time, Dewdroplet76, and so far, I'm not having much luck. All I can figure out so far is that he is either:

A - sneak bragging about how what he did what was RIGHT and HARD and HOW ABUSED he was and new wants us all to pat him on the back for being so STRONG after having endured such HARDSHIP (I think I'll lie down on my fainting couch now )

OR

B - well - I'm still working on B. I haven't quite gotten there yet. I'll get back to you on B - but I warn you - it could be awhile - I really don't have that much time to spend thinking about his nonsense, nor do I have much of an inclination to.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
What, most ten-year marriages don't feature the "spouse" ranting about what a "parasite" their "partner" is?
A lot more lamenting and soul-searching. A lot fewer MGTOW dudes high-fiving one another.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:21 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Modern marriage is an unlimited partnership this means another human being has the right to assign you debt against your will
You give up constitutional rights when u marry no due process being #1
Don't do this again

Old 09-10-2015, 09:50 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most anti feminism dopes on here haven't a clue as to what feminism is (never mind the differences between the waves of feminism). Yes, if any of them ever had a daughter, I can almost guarantee you they would become a feminist in a second as they would want their daughters to be able to pursue any path in life that they wanted to and have every opportunity any male child would have.

They're just ignorant.
I wondered about his numbers myself, but it turns out that while women are saving for 401k at a higher rate( The 401(k) Gender Gap: Women Are Saving More Than Men - Bloomberg) millennial women are not.
Millennial women are saving half as much as millennial men - Fortune

But yes, most women I know have a saving and investing plan, so I'm always surprised by the cartoonish Imelda Marcos type women the fellows in citydata seem to find. I used to just assume they thought Sex and the City was a documentary.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:08 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Guess?

Old 09-10-2015, 12:00 PM

30 posts, read 22,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yet, your discretionary spending is NOT "unnecessary," because "you work hard."
There's a difference between squandering all of one's money on frivolities, and spending it on the household + a few hobbies, and saving and investing the rest. Next time your rent is due, just offer the landlord shoes and see how far that gets you.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:05 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauriene View Post
There's a difference between squandering all of one's money on frivolities, and spending it on the household + a few hobbies, and saving and investing the rest. Next time your rent is due, just offer the landlord shoes and see how far that gets you.
That's your opinion, obviously not shared by your significant other. Just because she doesn't share the same interests as you do does not make hers any less relevant. You should both be on a budget, but as long as you stay within the confines of that budget, neither of you should care how you spend that money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships