Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Having a simple conversation with someone you are interested in doesn't mean it is going to turn into something more.
But you will never know until you try!

Look, people can be defeatist, as seen on this thread, or they can be positive and pro-active. It's a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
But you will never know until you try!

Look, people can be defeatist, as seen on this thread, or they can be positive and pro-active. It's a choice.
Maybe people have been trying to keep their heads up for years but after years of getting nowhere they're tired and worn down. I'm not sure why people keep trying to push this point when the OP doesn't even know what he wants. Is someone going to die from not having a relationship?

Last edited by Ro2113; 10-20-2015 at 11:11 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 11:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
There's what should be and what is. People should treat everyone with respect, decency and kindness. Not everyone does. Should doesn't mean anything. Some people are shy some people are not. Shaming doesn't help but make people feel worse.
I think people on here think shy people are weak. I'm shy but I'll easily tell to f**k off if they get on my bad side. Shaming makes the shamer look bad and I could care less what anyone thinks of me. If someone isn't hurting you, mind your own business. If someone doesn't want to talk to you consider the fact that maybe they just don't like you and move on. Lot's of entitled people on here who get butthurt when someone doesn't want to talk to them.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Maybe people have been trying to keep their heads up for years but after years of getting nowhere they're tired and worn down. I'm not sure why people keep trying to push this point when the OP doesn't even know what he wants. Is someone going to die from not having a relationship.
According to people on here you have to approach every woman you see. Not everyone wants to be buddy buddy with everyone. They need to get over it. Not everyone is gonna like you.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Maybe people have been trying to keep their heads up for years but after years of getting nowhere they're tired and worn down. I'm not sure why people keep trying to push this point when the OP doesn't even know what he wants. Is someone going to die from not having a relationship?
Well obviously I'm not responding to the OP! I already responded to him, and he is long gone.

I'm responding to the male posters on here who are acting as though being shy is such an extreme handicap that it will prevent them from ever having a romantic relationship. And I'm telling them it's a self-fulfilling, defeatist attitude.

People get tired and worn down, yes. I have gone through periods of that myself after several failed relationships. But if you give up, if you choose to act as if there is no hope, then that is exactly what will happen. Giving up is a choice, saying "I can't talk to women" is a choice, deciding you will be alone forever is a choice.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:18 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Well obviously I'm not responding to the OP! I already responded to him, and he is long gone.

I'm responding to the male posters on here who are acting as though being shy is such an extreme handicap that it will prevent them from ever having a romantic relationship. And I'm telling them it's a self-fulfilling, defeatist attitude.

People get tired and worn down, yes. I have gone through periods of that myself after several failed relationships. But if you give up, if you choose to act as if there is no hope, then that is exactly what will happen. Giving up is a choice, saying "I can't talk to women" is a choice, deciding you will be alone forever is a choice.
And being alone is a fate worse than death on this forum apparently.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:31 AM

Quote:
And being alone is a fate worse than death on this forum apparently.
Ask the men who are whining about it.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:29 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Say all you want.... call these men loosers... call them socially stunted... call them whatever.

You are still ignoring the fact that they do exist and in their mind... struggling.

They do exist no matter how much you want to marginalize.

I think that's all that some of these posters are saying..... no amount of repetitious point making is going to change it.

Fortunately, no one is forced to date them or even be friends with them. In turn they can do whatever they want... including paying for sex.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Say all you want.... call these men loosers... call them socially stunted... call them whatever.

You are still ignoring the fact that they do exist and in their mind... struggling.

They do exist no matter how much you want to marginalize.

I think that's all that some of these posters are saying..... no amount of repetitious point making is going to change it.

Fortunately, no one is forced to date them or even be friends with them. In turn they can do whatever they want... including paying for sex.
O.M.G. You posters are hopeless. I'm not f-ing marginalizing anyone. I also don't get on a public message board, complain about how hard it is to meet women, ignore truth and good advice, refuse to be proactive, and then continue complain about how hard it is to meet women.

Keep your pity party, I'm out.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:18 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
But you do complain.... and spent a good amount of time here doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships