Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 07:02 PM

3 posts, read 5,567 times

Advertisements

A guy I went to high school with randomly messaged me on Facebook the other day. Since then we've talked and caught up on what's happened in the 4 years since graduation, when we last saw each other. Other than likes or a few comments on each other's posts (through the years he has occasionally "stalked" old profile pictures of mine and liked them) we haven't really interacted until a few days ago. I just find it a little odd because we were never what you would call friends back in school. In fact, we really didn't get along and pretty much stayed out of each other's way or were cordial due to having a few of the same friends. Because of this, I'm a little confused as to why he is making an effort to get to know me. He even came in to see me for a haircut where I work at a salon. Why would he seem to make an effort to befriend me now after all this time? I'm a little apprehensive. No red flags have gone up yet and he's always been totally normal, but due to past experiences with former classmates and, I'm afraid he'll end up getting creepy and inappropriate after awhile!

Last edited by pcelovehair; 09-10-2015 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 07:22 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
I've discovered people from HS (gosh... 20+ years ago) on facebook and reconnected with them; men and women. People just reconnect for old times sake. Nothing innately wrong with wanting to.

You said that you had past experiences with former classmates.... sorry to hear that ... don't hold it against this person.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:39 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
More than likely, he has some romantic interest in you. The fact that he came buy your salon suggests this.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Either he's attempting to reconnect with old high school classmates or he wants some action.

Nothing to really think about...let alone make a thread about it.

People do that on my page all the time.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:42 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times
It happens all the time.

I have people I did not even socialize with try to add me just becuase we happened to go to the same school.

I don't add anyone I do not know personally, they are strangers to me. Why would I add people I do not know to a space they can have access to everything and everyone I actually care about?

Old 09-11-2015, 07:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,228 times
I was amazed that after I got on FB so many guys who wouldn't even speak to me in HS were contacting me. I was flattered at first by the compliments and some even wanted to see me. (A couple were even married so that was not flattering). This is decades after we graduated. It showed me that some people change and some don't.

I no longer have FB and don't miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships