Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,699,580 times

Advertisements

Why do you care what they think? If he doesn't love you the way you are, he is more so not worth your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 12:52 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,012,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Comment in before that one guy who says he likes banging fat women but will never have a relationship with one tries to reassure her.
Ever heard the phrase: "Fat chicks are like mopeds; fun to ride but you wouldn't want your friends to see you on one"

Old 09-11-2015, 12:54 PM

17,465 posts, read 38,882,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesenugget View Post
It takes more than a pat on the back and telling her whatever she wants to hear to help her. This is a common problem among women, especially younger girls. I was one of them. I didn't need to lose weight but I had always been the skinny minnie among my peers. Growing up, I had been told how ugly I was, called names like the walking stick, told there was something wrong with me, etc. Boys didn't give me any time of the day - there were other girls my age who fit the "perfect" body type. I also had others who complimented me and gave me encouragement. Those compliments were not enough to convince me why I wasn't asked out on a date.

Then one day, I realized that's okay.

I was able to build my self esteem back up because I accepted that you cannot live life based on what other people think of you.

That was twenty years ago. Once I started to care what I think of myself, I didn't have problems getting asked out on dates. Men do not want to be used as the crutch for your confidence. Be strong in the mind, be healthy in the body and have positive thoughts. Good things will come.

And yes, get a dog or a cat. Studies have proven pets help you build confidence and dig you out of depression.
Best post/advice on this thread. Which I even question (the OP post) is actually for real. And if so, after reading some of her other posts, it's the attitude that needs to be lost, not the weight.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:37 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,307,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy1629 View Post
I have to exercise more and eat healthier. I know that no man will look at me till I am at a perfect figure
Wrong.

It should never be for a man to give you his "love". There is a chance that men would still pass you up even with the "perfect figure" (whatever the hell that is). Now, that could be a reason, but don't make that your main reason. It's got to be for your own acceptance first and foremost. Any other thing will be bonuses. While they could be reasons, they shouldn't be the main reasons. Get in shape because that is what you want for yourself.

Don't look to anybody else for your self worth. Your self worth should be based on some other factors beside what certain members of the population think about you.

(Now, don't hear what I'm not saying. Your self worth is going to be based in part on how others view you, don't kid yourself, but you should base it on other things as well. )

Old 09-11-2015, 04:38 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,307,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy1629 View Post
I just wanted one man out there in this world to love me and be nice to me
Come to me, I got a lot of love for plenty of people of all shapes and sizes. You just have to have the right attitude, or else I might avoid you.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:45 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,211,637 times
Robbie Williams said it best -

You got no love, then you're with the wrong man
It's time to move your body
If you can't get a girl
But your best friend can
It's time to move your body

Old 09-11-2015, 04:45 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,409,048 times
Perhaps your weight isn't why men find it difficult to fall in love with you.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:49 AM

579 posts, read 551,371 times
It sort of depends on what type of man you are trying to catch. The more attractive the man, generally the more attractive he will expect his partner to be. Of course there are also plenty unattractive men who want really attractive partners- we call these men "delusional idiots".

Old 09-12-2015, 03:30 AM

51,905 posts, read 52,312,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
It sort of depends on what type of man you are trying to catch. The more attractive the man, generally the more attractive he will expect his partner to be. Of course there are also plenty unattractive men who want really attractive partners- we call these men "delusional idiots".
LOl... delusional idiots...

Old 09-12-2015, 10:37 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,457,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The good news is you're wrong. I'm proof of that: I prefer overweight women. The bad news for you is I'm already married! But there are a lot like me out there!
So, how does your penchant for "diving" help OP? WOmen are pickier than men. If OP isn't getting a sex change then...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Best post/advice on this thread. Which I even question (the OP post) is actually for real. And if so, after reading some of her other posts, it's the attitude that needs to be lost, not the weight.
It's both. Every now and then, you may find a jolly chubby person, but it's not that often. My downstairs neighbors totally destroy your jibberish. Decently built guy, gross and surly wife who has jail time to her credit with two early teens girls with blubbery arms that would give a 40-something obese woman a chase.

Yeah, many guys so desire that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships