Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 04:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
Why have I never had a girlfriend if I'm so awesome?
Because you freak and run the minute a woman responds to you, or is a little too slow to respond. Or freeze up completely, or tell yourself no one would possibly want to talk to you. (Don't deny it; you've posted as much on this forum umpteen times.)

With one exception. Remember that woman with the nice car (some kind of classic car, or something) you ran into when you were walking around the neighborhood, or walking a dog, or something? You struck up a convo with her about car makes and models, and it just flowed. But you didn't ask her for her number. Which is ok--not every successful encounter needs to be about getting a number. Or even your only successful encounter. But the point is, that's how it's supposed to work. Recall how naturally that flowed, and try to get into that zone the next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 04:30 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,799 times
Quote:
Why have I never had a girlfriend if I'm so awesome?
Well, it seems that nuance and sarcasm go right over your head.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:32 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Look, I read a few pages here and I'm going to throw in my two cents. Forgive me if someone else said it, too.

Sometimes there is no reason you can't find a girlfriend. It isn't very easy. Luck or being in the right place at the right time is about half of it.

Here's what I'm gonna suggest: get out of town. Go on vacation to a resort where there are plenty of young people having fun. Loosen up. Be anonymous. Get outside your comfort zone and talk to pretty women. Have a couple of drinks, dance, flirt, and laugh a lot. Buy several women a few cocktails. Dance some more. Enjoy yourself, because no one knows you.

Once your vacation is over, you should feel more comfortable with light hearted socializing and meeting women.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:35 PM

497 posts, read 696,484 times
Quote:
What's next? You're going to recommend that I get rid of my roommates pitbull and get a chihuahua instead?

/facepalm
Just curious, but why do you have a roommate when you claim to make so much money?

Old 09-11-2015, 04:39 PM

837 posts, read 753,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirlatl View Post
Just curious, but why do you have a roommate when you claim to make so much money?

He got tossed out of his old apartment complex because they found out about his pit. I love the dog and my friend is a great guy, I did him a favor. He had no where to go, every apartment complex is a ***** about pits

I have big arms but also a big heart

Old 09-11-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Look, I read a few pages here and I'm going to throw in my two cents. Forgive me if someone else said it, too.

Sometimes there is no reason you can't find a girlfriend. It isn't very easy. Luck or being in the right place at the right time is about half of it.

Here's what I'm gonna suggest: get out of town. Go on vacation to a resort where there are plenty of young people having fun. Loosen up. Be anonymous. Get outside your comfort zone and talk to pretty women. Have a couple of drinks, dance, flirt, and laugh a lot. Buy several women a few cocktails. Dance some more. Enjoy yourself, because no one knows you.

Once your vacation is over, you should feel more comfortable with light hearted socializing and meeting women.
This is actually a good idea but I feel so self conscious about going on vacation by myself. I will look like such a loser

Old 09-11-2015, 04:47 PM

You already do, you might as well look like one in a nice setting.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
You already do, you might as well look like one in a nice setting.

I don't know if I look like a loser. I hang out with a great crowd of people. My best friend has a 10,000 sqr foot mansion on the lake

I may be a loser but I don't look like it which is why I get 50,000 comments a month from people astonished that I'm permanently single and will likely die alone

Old 09-11-2015, 04:52 PM

Most people can tell when they look at you that your best friend has a 10,000 square foot mansion on the lake, so that probably comes in really handy for you.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:53 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
This is actually a good idea but I feel so self conscious about going on vacation by myself. I will look like such a loser
Eleanor Roosevelt once said something along the lines of "you wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how little they think of you".

Chances are NO ONE would give you a second glance because you are there alone. But, as long as you are convinced that the world revolves around you, you're right, you'd probably not enjoy it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships