Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:09 PM

6,874 posts, read 7,851,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Morally its half his house.

it was his father who gave her the cash, no doubt assuming she would look after his son for ever with it.

If she DOESNT give him a settlement he will never ever move on. Its a false economy. His bitterness will cause him to stalk her for the rest of her days.

They were a couple, she raised his kids so for all intents and purposes they were married.

The house is half his and most likely a court will agree.
IDK...maybe his father gave her the money because he knew his son could not be trusted.

I don't think she owes him anything.

A court may consider theirs a common law marriage, BUT doesn't that also allow for 'common law divorce'? Because she certainly has grounds...their relationship/life was built on false pretenses.

If she is feeling kind, she could sell the house and give him a share of the proceeds. But she should NEVER enable his rotten behavior by letting him live there under any circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 06:10 PM

282 posts, read 218,734 times
Quote:
Any court in the land will rule thusly :

Her assets on cohabitation + his assets on cohabitation
+assets obtained during the relationship by either, from any source
minus the debt obtained during the relationship
+no minor children to consider = 50/50 split
I don't care about the court. I would do what I want since he does all he wants mainly cheating and lying on her the entirety of their relationship. He can sue me all he wants. LOL. I would be gone and ONLY I will know where I am LOL.

And why are you talking about morals here when the guy in question has no morals at all? Even pulling out a gun on a kid. Wow. For that alone, OP you should not even question why you would sell the house and RUN with it. What more the 8 years of lies and deceit he did with you. THINK!

Old 09-11-2015, 06:10 PM

96 posts, read 175,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
All of it's in her name and they are not married.

I'm still baffled at her going back to him after he pulled a loaded gun on her son.

I doubt he will stalk her forever...he has to many brides waiting in the wings.
He is STILL married to his 'soon to be ex' wife. If I sell and give him half the proceeds, she will more than likely get most of it. I have now talked to her. He fooled around on her during the time they lived together, too.
I asked her what I should do. She told me to sell and take the money and run. He stole thousands from her and her family.
As for him pulling the gun. He talked me back up here by telling me he was having rage episodes from his PTSD. And told me he was starting counseling at a vet center. Which was, of course, a lie. He WAS in the military for 23 years, however , he NEVER saw combat. More or less a glorified company clerk.
I started an LLC for our farm, his dad sent the funds through the LLC bank account and reported it as an investment to his accountant to save on taxes. But, the LLC lapsed because the bf didn't give me the funds to re-register it as he said he would, and it was a sole propriotorship in my name only, so it all reverted to me.

I just wanted to get the male perspective on this.
And ladies, if you are in NH, MAINE OR VERMONT, look out for this guy!

Old 09-11-2015, 06:15 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,230,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynyvyr View Post
He is STILL married to his 'soon to be ex' wife. If I sell and give him half the proceeds, she will more than likely get most of it. I have now talked to her. He fooled around on her during the time they lived together, too.
I asked her what I should do. She told me to sell and take the money and run. He stole thousands from her and her family.
As for him pulling the gun. He talked me back up here by telling me he was having rage episodes from his PTSD. And told me he was starting counseling at a vet center. Which was, of course, a lie. He WAS in the military for 23 years, however , he NEVER saw combat. More or less a glorified company clerk.
I started an LLC for our farm, his dad sent the funds through the LLC bank account and reported it as an investment to his accountant to save on taxes. But, the LLC lapsed because the bf didn't give me the funds to re-register it as he said he would, and it was a sole propriotorship in my name only, so it all reverted to me.

I just wanted to get the male perspective on this.
You don't own him a dime. I would take the money and run just as his current wife is telling you to do.

Think of your future and starting your life over. I don't understand why you feel that you own him any of the money?

Sorry this happened to you but be wise in the exit strategy.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynyvyr View Post
He's a predator and knows what type of women will fall for this BS. He will find many more victims.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
IDK...maybe his father gave her the money because he knew his son could not be trusted.

I don't think she owes him anything.

A court may consider theirs a common law marriage, BUT doesn't that also allow for 'common law divorce'? Because she certainly has grounds...their relationship/life was built on false pretenses.

If she is feeling kind, she could sell the house and give him a share of the proceeds. But she should NEVER enable his rotten behavior by letting him live there under any circumstances.
The best case scenario all round here is to sort it out between them, agree to a yours.mine split, and that split should be 50/50.

But things never work that way.

You can bet your hat any attempts by OP to take the house entirely will be met with utmost resistance and who could blame the guy? Its also his home. Some men never recover from this sort of offence and spend their next years making their exes life a misery.

Lets not also remember there is a second generation to consider in his child, who she helped parent, who will also be without a roof if she keeps it all.

Legally, she has the upper hand no doubt, especially as they weren't actually married and its all in her name only.

Still, any court will view her claim to 100% very dimly indeed. It may even backfire horribly if she gets a cranky judge.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 PM

You seem to forget that he is married to another woman and that he and the OP have not lived for very long together in that NH house.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:47 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times
Why does that matter?

They were still together raising children when she got the money?

Old 09-11-2015, 06:50 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,016,599 times
The OP is complicit in conspiracy by agreeing to accept money in exchange for being willing to hide it. Definitely get a lawyer. Or a screenwriter.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:51 PM

96 posts, read 175,251 times
Quote:
The best case scenario all round here is to sort it out between them, agree to a yours.mine split, and that split should be 50/50.

But things never work that way.

You can bet your hat any attempts by OP to take the house entirely will be met with utmost resistance and who could blame the guy? Its also his home. Some men never recover from this sort of offence and spend their next years making their exes life a misery.

Lets not also remember there is a second generation to consider in his child, who she helped parent, who will also be without a roof if she keeps it all.

Legally, she has the upper hand no doubt, especially as they weren't actually married and its all in her name only.

Still, any court will view her claim to 100% very dimly indeed. It may even backfire horribly if she gets a cranky judge.
His son knew about the deception and lies. Never said a word to me or his (the sons) wife. In fact, the sons wife now suspects the son of the same type of behaviors.
And they won't be without a roof for long, I am sure. He has already talked one of his fiancees into giving him a car and he spends every other weekend at the other fiancees home. Spare weekends are in Maine at that girlfriends house or in Burlington visiting a woman there.
Yeah, he is nothing if not ambitious, I guess.
He may end up doing some time, as his still legal wife found out he forged her name on taxes a couple of years ago and got a 13k return. She is knee deep in lawyers right now trying to hold him responsible for the crap he did to her and her family. I hope she can make something stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships