Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 10:54 PM

837 posts, read 753,731 times

Advertisements

Seeing all the happy couples around me and all the pretty women makes me incredibly depressed, knowing that I'm likely gonna die alone.

Should I just stop going out? All my friends love to do it, but I see very little value in it. I'm better off just sticking at home and watching my favorite TV shows. Either way, I get zero interaction with women but at least my favorite TV shows are very entertaining, women make dating to be about as much fun as amputation without anesthesia. Overall, I'm starting to really hate going out. Hell, I would much rather be at home and playing my favorite games nowadays than go out. Why waste money to be miserable?

How do I tell my friends I don't want to go out anymore? It's just such a waste of money...I do it in hopes of meeting someone but we all know I'm gonna die alone so it's just a big waste of time, energy and money. How do I explain to them that I would much rather sit at home and watch the Walking Dead episodes or play my PS4 instead of going out with them?

I ended up leaving about 2 hours early tonight, all my friends are probably wondering what the **** is wrong with me but I just didn't want to stay there and be more and more frustrated. My best friend's girlfriend told me that "I should try to settle down with someone" and I nearly laughed in her face. There's better odds of hell freezing over than me finding a girlfriend.

Last edited by brantleygilbert; 09-12-2015 at 11:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 06:52 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
Seeing all the happy couples around me and all the pretty women makes me incredibly depressed, knowing that I'm likely gonna die alone.

Should I just stop going out? All my friends love to do it, but I see very little value in it. I'm better off just sticking at home and watching my favorite TV shows. Either way, I get zero interaction with women but at least my favorite TV shows are very entertaining, women make dating to be about as much fun as amputation without anesthesia. Overall, I'm starting to really hate going out. Hell, I would much rather be at home and playing my favorite games nowadays than go out. Why waste money to be miserable?

How do I tell my friends I don't want to go out anymore? It's just such a waste of money...I do it in hopes of meeting someone but we all know I'm gonna die alone so it's just a big waste of time, energy and money. How do I explain to them that I would much rather sit at home and watch the Walking Dead episodes or play my PS4 instead of going out with them?

I ended up leaving about 2 hours early tonight, all my friends are probably wondering what the **** is wrong with me but I just didn't want to stay there and be more and more frustrated. My best friend's girlfriend told me that "I should try to settle down with someone" and I nearly laughed in her face. There's better odds of hell freezing over than me finding a girlfriend.
She is correct that you should try to settle down.

You are correct that hell will probably freeze over first, because you never ask people out, so how in the damned world do you expect to actually get a girlfriend in the first place?

The problem is YOU.

Until you can start asking women out and facing possible rejection, you're just gonna be alone and miserable and creating more threads about this same subject. You are allowed to do it, but really, what is the point?

If you wanna vent, go use the C-D blog function.

I honestly think you need to see a mental health professional. You're not crazy, you're just irrationally fearful of rejection and until you get past that, you're not gonna get the women you are interested in dating.

Period.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:14 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Agree with previous poster that seeing a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist would be a step in the right direction.

You need to be approaching. Either swipe right to everything on Tinder or make approaches in person. Just do something.

So many people have told you so many things to do yet you are not making changes to your current unsustainable path.

I do think you should cut back on seeing your friends if it is not advancing your goals with the opposite sex. Time is finite and you need to make you and your dating life priority #1.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:21 PM

709 posts, read 766,220 times
No, you shouldn't.

Or maybe you should. What the heck do internet strangers know.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:24 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,559 times
Same song, 435th verse!!!!

No, keep going out, definitely. It's that much less time you'll have to post the same questions here over and over and over. Seriously, please seek professional counseling.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:35 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Can I ask a silly question?? How come all your buddies haven't tried to introduce you to someone?? Whether they are couples ( married or dating couples) surely they know or have fellow gal friends/relatives they could include with the get-togethers??

Just Wondering??

However..IF you have no interest in dating..yet on the other hand worry you will die alone...What's your first clue?? If you have no interest in connecting..Why should even have such a pipe dream any realism in the first place?? Just maybe you are someone who has no need to have a partner in life..IF so why would you even worry about dying alone??

Sorry..I really have no idea where you are truthfully coming from because of your philosophy????

Old 09-13-2015, 07:38 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
What was the question??

Women don't like fuddy duddies.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:40 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
I don't think they'll be either bothered or surprised if you do OP.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Can I ask a silly question?? How come all your buddies haven't tried to introduce you to someone?? Whether they are couples ( married or dating couples) surely they know or have fellow gal friends/relatives they could include with the get-togethers??

Just Wondering??

However..IF you have no interest in dating..yet on the other hand worry you will die alone...What's your first clue?? If you have no interest in connecting..Why should even have such a pipe dream any realism in the first place?? Just maybe you are someone who has no need to have a partner in life..IF so why would you even worry about dying alone??

Sorry..I really have no idea where you are truthfully coming from because of your philosophy????
That is a very good question that the OP has really never answered, even though he's been asked it before.

If I had a friend who was a reasonably-attractive guy, made decent money, etc and I knew that he REALLY wanted to settle down, I'd plumb the depths of my resources to try to set him up with women that understood that he was just shy about asking random strangers out.

Most all women can relate to this sort of thing and I don't think it would stop any of them from dating the OP if he is indeed the good catch he claims to be.

Which makes me wonder... how good are these friends, anyway?

Old 09-14-2015, 10:19 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
"Ill likely die alone"
is SUCH A COP OUT...there is most likely NOTHING wrong with you that would make you have to die alone

low self esteem is probably the biggest turn off for women...women like confident self assured men

if you lack these...then make changes necessary to GET these...sometimes therapy is needed...other times working out for a few months, change in wardrobe, taking on a few new challenging hobbies is enough

when I was single, there was nothing worse than a girl who did NOTHING, had no identity, who just sat around waiting for a mr right to bring her "a life"...no thanks
so dude, go get your own life...when you have something to offer, the confidence is there...and im NOT talking $$ or treasures LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships