Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 10:49 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times

Advertisements

My personality seems to be an acquired taste.
I am either too religious or not religious enough or the wrong religion for many.
Probably other stuff too.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
I am not into sexism against gals, misogyny, or rape/assault/domestics violence against gals apologism.

Plus in my opinion I have pretty high sexual criteria and have no interest in having sex if I do not orgasm from it. Since my orgasm is my responsibility I find it more logical to use something designed for my pleasure (masturbation) then bother with sex.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:49 AM

252 posts, read 187,999 times
I'm single because I don't catch feelings for most the women I date. The ones worth commitment are really rare.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:51 AM

252 posts, read 187,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I am not into sexism against gals, misogyny, or rape/assault/domestics violence against gals apologism.

Plus in my opinion I have pretty high sexual criteria and have no interest in having sex if I do not orgasm from it. Since my orgasm is my responsibility I find it more logical to use something designed for my pleasure (masturbation) then bother with sex.
Read: I'm a hardcore feminist who sees sexism in everything and it's a huge turn off to most sane men.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:22 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
I'm single because I have cerebral palsy. Women don't want to be with a disabled man.

Or so they've told me.

Repeatedly.
I know 3 people with CP. 2 men and a lady. Guess which one is in a relationship? The lady has a mild form of CP that only affects the way she walks kind of wobbly. She's very outgoing, can drive and not bad looking. If I was a guy, I'd date her. She been in a relationship with a guy for awhile now. The men, their CP affects their life more. One guy I know quite well, he can't drive, his one hand is deformed from his CP. He desperately wants a gf but doesn't understand that most women don't want to date someone with CP. The other guy I don't know very well also has CP. He's also desperate for a gf and I declined when he asked me to go out with him.

Sorry, if it makes me shallow. I prefer men that are independent that can drive.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:59 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I prefer men that are independent that can drive.
Unfortunately, in my experience, many believe the latter is a prerequisite for the former.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:09 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Living alone is simple.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:49 PM

746 posts, read 442,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I know 3 people with CP. 2 men and a lady. Guess which one is in a relationship? The lady has a mild form of CP that only affects the way she walks kind of wobbly. She's very outgoing, can drive and not bad looking. If I was a guy, I'd date her. She been in a relationship with a guy for awhile now. The men, their CP affects their life more. One guy I know quite well, he can't drive, his one hand is deformed from his CP. He desperately wants a gf but doesn't understand that most women don't want to date someone with CP. The other guy I don't know very well also has CP. He's also desperate for a gf and I declined when he asked me to go out with him.

Sorry, if it makes me shallow. I prefer men that are independent that can drive.
Whats so bad about you being the driver? People with disabilities are PEOPLE with feelings too you know, and just because they can't (or don't) drive doesn't mean they aren't independent in other ways.

It sounds to me like you need some education on how to treat disabled people. You need to give the guy who asked you out a chance. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't. But the point is he deserves a chance. You might be surprised at what happens.

Incidentally, my own form if CP is similar to the lady you describe.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:58 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
Whats so bad about you being the driver? People with disabilities are PEOPLE with feelings too you know, and just because they can't (or don't) drive doesn't mean they aren't independent in other ways.

It sounds to me like you need some education on how to treat disabled people. You need to give the guy who asked you out a chance. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't. But the point is he deserves a chance. You might be surprised at what happens.

Incidentally, my own form if CP is similar to the lady you describe.
How many disabled women have you pursued romantically? What were there responses?

Old 11-09-2015, 01:32 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
I've known a couple of people with CP. They are happily married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships