Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 11:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaNYC View Post
You have the power to believe otherwise, but you obviously like believing this falsehood about "all feminists." You must get something out of it.
I imagine what guys get out of holding who hold such falsehoods about feminists is further rationalization to ignore sexism, misogyny, and violence towards gals. As well as critique of societal and male behavior.

That way 'talk about misogyny' = 'hating men' thus misogyny never had to be acknowledged or addressed by the guy.

Or it could be the guy realizing he engaged in such behaviors or have friends who do and feels attacked because he believes he is a decent guy.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:40 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm fat, black, angry, ugly, and closed off emotionally.
Dude... don't say this stuff about yourself... you just shouldn't do this......you are a million other adjectives, pick better ones and don't beat yourself up... life will do that without you helping it.......

Old 11-10-2015, 04:26 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Probably due to me not being over someone else or because I've somehow closed myself off.

*shrugs*
same with me... It's too exhausting to even try getting into a relationship when I'm not over with the baggage of my past.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:37 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Ever since I was 16 I have had one girl/woman in my life. Was married for 28 years, and then had a live in GF for 7 after that. Now, I have been single for the past 9 or 10 years, and have no plans on ever entering another relationship.

Don't get me wrong, I loved being in love and having someone warm beside me, but now I enjoy the freedom too much to give it up. I get up when I want, go to bed when I want, eat when and what I want, and don't have to get anyone's "permission" to do anything. I can be as selfish with my money as I want and I don't have to tip toe around when I spend money on something that I really want to buy.

It all boils down to freedom and control. I can control my own life without having to consider another person in any decisions. People are always trying to get me fixed up with someone, and I run like a scared bunny !

Don

Old 11-10-2015, 05:39 AM

252 posts, read 187,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
That's how you read it. A reading filled with assumptions and projections.

I am not a feminist.

So according to you it is seeing sexism in everything for me to consider it sexist for a guy to claim gals are inferiors and rape doesn't exist because gals shouldn't get a choice.

Quite a skewed view of sexism you have. Really quite an interesting view of sanity in males. Or you were butthurt by my post and made assumptivr projections to cover your hurt feelz. Either way it seems your reading is quite a fail.
I don't know a single person who thinks rape doesn't exist.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:46 AM

746 posts, read 442,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
How many disabled women have you pursued romantically? What were there responses?
I've only dated one. She was the only woman I've ever had more than one date with. sadly, we were just starting to get to know each other well when she died of a brain anursym (sp?).

It's not a happy memory.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
I've only dated one. She was the only woman I've ever had more than one date with. sadly, we were just starting to get to know each other well when she died of a brain anursym (sp?).

It's not a happy memory.
Why don't you pursue other women with disabilities?

Old 11-10-2015, 11:52 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Why don't you pursue other women with disabilities?
As someone else who also happens to be disabled, the fact that you keep asking this is coming off as somewhat obnoxious. Maybe it's not what you mean, but it almost seems as though you're saying that any woman who is not disabled is out of his league. Or, you're implying that he is ignoring women with disabilities, and should lower his standards to include them in his search.

Maybe he would pursue other women with disabilities, but simply hasn't met any? I rarely come across other people with visible disabilities in my day-to-day life. But, if I met a disabled woman, I wouldn't exclude her from romantic consideration, simply because of her disability.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:25 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
It's true to me.
So you would prefer to have a woman who doesn't want the right to vote and wants to be treated like a second class citizen?

All a feminist is, is a woman who wants equality. There are of course variations, and I won't deny that some of them wander into misandry terrority, but the core of feminism is simple equal rights.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you aren't entitled to your own facts. Saying "I'll believe what I want" only makes you sound stupid and petulant.

Every time I think you've made progress and just might grow up to be even within a couple years of your actual age, you saying something that sounds bratty and immature again. Grow up, dude.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
I don't know a single person who thinks rape doesn't exist.
I don't know what people you know has anything to do with me stating I am not into misogyny and sexist and you claiming I am "a hardcore feminist who sees sexism in everything and that is a huge turnoff to most sane men".

So I am guessing you are not going to admit you were assumptive and projective? Or do you truly believe it is being a hardcore feminist who sees sexism in everything for me to consider it sexist for a guy to state rape doesn't exist because gals shouldn't get a choice?

Instead of addressing your comment you would rather evade. Alrighty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships