Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 11:34 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,345,635 times

Advertisements

It's been a while since I last posted on this thread...

I have this female friend - we are just friends, mind you, but have mutual acquaintances. Some of you may remember a few years ago, I had a FWB who turned out to be a bit crazy ("I don't want you, but I don't want anyone else to have you" mentality - well, this friend I met through the crazy one). Anyhow, this (current) friend was recently breaking up with her guy - a narcissistic type, but not physically abusive. Long story short, I've been seeing someone off and on myself; this friend, the one who just broke up, and I met to talk about trade shows, as we both run small businesses out of our homes. She got to talking about her now-ex, and I just shut up and listened. She's quite attractive, but doesn't feel she's attractive. At one point she tells me that I'm a good looking guy and a great person, and I thanked her for the compliments. Yet at one point before we parted ways to leave, she kissed me on the mouth (I can still taste her lipstick) and I could swear she (very briefly) rubbed herself against me! Now as mentioned, I think she's attractive, but I'm already seeing someone, and she knows this. But I'm not gonna lie: I began to feel a physical attraction towards her. I know that I couldn't be with her in an actual relationship, but I think maybe she's hinting on a "romp in the sack" kinda thing.
Was/is she coming on to me a bit strong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 10:41 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,873,766 times
If you value your relationship with the woman you've been seeing, nip this in the bud. Yes, she's coming on to you. @@

Old 07-30-2022, 11:03 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
If you value your relationship with the woman you've been seeing, nip this in the bud. Yes, she's coming on to you. @@
This.

Old 07-31-2022, 03:32 AM

212 posts, read 164,436 times
If only to have "troubles" like this, some guys have all the luck!

Old 07-31-2022, 10:43 AM

12,777 posts, read 14,992,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post

I completely agree w/ the above! Wow, you must have kind of liked her all along too because I surely wouldn't want a BF like you who will feel this instant attraction at lightning speed like that & will possibly cheat on me. You obviously allowed her to get close enough to you for her to kiss you, so don't act all innocent, ha! People can see when people are getting close to them.

You said you know you, "can't be w/ her in an actual relationship", but why? So you've never seriously thought about who you like better...her or your GF, determined you like her better & told yourself you're going to break up w/ your GF? I mean if you really like this other lady better, do things right. Don't cheat, break up appropriately, then date her.

HOWEVER, if you genuinely love your GF, stop ghanging out w/ this other lady since you can obviously see that you like her. If you keep on, you'll find yourself in bed w/ her wondering, "how this all happened".

See people & there's often threads & debates on this board about can men & women ever JUST BE FRIENDS. (All along, I personally thought not really.) According to this as well, apparently not. Look how instantly he felt that sexual chemistry!

Old 07-31-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I completely agree w/ the above! Wow, you must have kind of liked her all along too because I surely wouldn't want a BF like you who will feel this instant attraction at lightning speed like that & will possibly cheat on me. You obviously allowed her to get close enough to you for her to kiss you, so don't act all innocent, ha! People can see when people are getting close to them.

You said you know you, "can't be w/ her in an actual relationship", but why? So you've never seriously thought about who you like better...her or your GF, determined you like her better & told yourself you're going to break up w/ your GF? I mean if you really like this other lady better, do things right. Don't cheat, break up appropriately, then date her.

HOWEVER, if you genuinely love your GF, stop ghanging out w/ this other lady since you can obviously see that you like her. If you keep on, you'll find yourself in bed w/ her wondering, "how this all happened".

See people & there's often threads & debates on this board about can men & women ever JUST BE FRIENDS. (All along, I personally thought not really.) According to this as well, apparently not. Look how instantly he felt that sexual chemistry!
Can't disagree. I've told her in a very subtle way: "I'm already taken, you'll have to find someone else."

My gf has been/still is really good to me, and takes care of me. No way will I ruin a good thing by jumping in the sack with someone who might be shallow! Or any other woman, for that matter.

Old 08-01-2022, 04:47 AM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
Some people just like to tease. Maybe she is one of those? It amuses them to see how men can be led by the bit that sticks out in front.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:30 AM

2,978 posts, read 1,648,918 times
Sometimes it's just flirtation or affection, not serious.

Wipe her lipstick off your mouth and take your girlfriend to brunch.

Old 08-01-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Sometimes it's just flirtation or affection, not serious.

Wipe her lipstick off your mouth and take your girlfriend to brunch.
I like this!

Old 08-01-2022, 09:25 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
A nice problem to have

Welcome back, Rick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships