Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 04:57 AM

579 posts, read 555,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
ive never said that to a girl

I HAVE told my soon to be ex that she will NEVER find anyone who puts up with as much of her bullshat and nonsense as I did

and I MEANT it with ever ounce of my being...if she don't get her head out of her arse, she will have a lot of first and maybe second dates and that's it..
You sound bitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 05:01 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
LOL my ex said that more often.. quite not sure what was the meaning. But that is true in fact no other man in my life treated me in a bad way like he did ... just saying

Old 09-16-2015, 06:10 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
You sound bitter.
worried about my kids seeing this...especially my daughters
If they treat future men like my wife treated me, they will be single and lonely...if they get with the wrong loser guy he is gonna BEAT THEIR ARSE...

Old 09-16-2015, 07:21 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Two people have said that to me. One was a guy who I found to be very controlling and possessive. He got alarmingly upset at me when I didn't want to bowl anymore on one of our dates. He also asked me to marry him after only a few dates and was dead serious about it. Of course I declined and this was when he used that line, "You'll never find anyone like me..."

The other was my ex-husband who I have mentioned too many times on this forum. The answer you give them when they tell you that? "That's the point, <insert profane name>."

Old 09-16-2015, 08:20 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
I have had a few say this stupid line. For whatever reason, the next guy is progressively worse than the prior one.

I am so over losers. Surely there is good ones somewhere...

Old 09-16-2015, 08:36 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
To the one poster who thinks that a woman in his life was so bad no one will put up with her stuff, the fact is sometimes people bring out different things in other people, so you have no idea how she's gonna be in a different relationship with a different dude, and you've got no room to say such things. Yeah I know, some women are crazy, some men are too, but sometimes people incite the worst in each other without meaning to. She might find something healthier one day. You just don't know.

And men who say "You're never gonna find..." yeah, that is some controlling and manipulative stuff right there. My ex was that sort. Constantly loves to say, "You made a big mistake." Convincing himself that he's a real catch, I guess. I let him say these things, and I don't respond, because as much as I think it's ridiculous, in a way it's so ridiculous it doesn't deserve an answer from me. Also, if it helps his crippled self esteem to think so, who am I to argue? Seeing as how only one of us is actively dating, and getting out and having a fantastic time, and the other is sitting around the house moaning about whether he's gonna be alone forever, I'd say it's not hard to see who made the mistake in not doing what could be done to save the marriage when it was still possible. Oh, well.

I have never. Ever. Seen a situation where this kind of statement was backed by any sort of reality.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:50 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Yea it is a bit like the line "No one will ever love you like I do". I am sure the kind of person - male or female - who utters this is just on the point of desperation and thinks that it will make the other person reconsider something like ending a relationship.

But it is actually a horribly insulting thing to say and it will likely do nothing but cement whatever decision the speaker was hoping to reverse. It basically says "You are unloveable and you should count yourself lucky anyone loves you at all and show me the proper gratitude for it".

Old 09-16-2015, 12:51 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:
Is this some kind of negging thing? Like.. "I'm the only one who will put up with you"? This particular man hasn't been treating me very well so I don't know why he would say this. He said he would "work on it" after I told him I felt hurt by certain things he did. I guess I'm just interested in the psychology behind these types of statements
Psychology = Passive Aggression.

Very common but you want to avoid types like this.

(We see them all over CD by the way - subtle nastiness)

Old 09-17-2015, 12:05 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times
LOL that is the last cry from the model passive aggressive male. Just block his calls/texts and it will be his neutralizer. He needs an audience to be effective, so once you shut that door, he become silent and weak.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:45 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Is this some kind of negging thing? Like.. "I'm the only one who will put up with you"? This particular man hasn't been treating me very well so I don't know why he would say this. He said he would "work on it" after I told him I felt hurt by certain things he did. I guess I'm just interested in the psychology behind these types of statements
This instinctively reads to me as a red flag of a potential abuser type. But I'm probably off the mark. Just my impression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships