Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 06:17 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,109,847 times

Advertisements

Its because a lot of damage is done in the formative years of high school and college and when women start pulling their heads out of their rear ends the dynamic has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
Ah. Well I'm just saying that in the event that you ever have a gorgeous woman say she likes you wants you to get to know her / for her to get to know you that you should take it for what it is and see she actually really likes you. Even if you end up pushing her away just know that she's likely being very genuine.

I've known a couple guys to push beautiful women away from them because they thought it was too good to be true. And were awful to her, making it known they weren't done "playing the field" or that they hadn't met a girl they really fancied just yet...all to just get her to go away. When in reality they were head-over-heels for her they were just afraid. But she didn't know that and she ended up walking out of their lives because she figured it's what they wanted. Plus why should she subject herself to constant pain from the guy she's head-over-heels for? Way too many men self-sabotaging themselves these days! When's it's real you'll know it..sometimes too late....unfortunately it hurts all involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 06:18 PM

405 posts, read 324,817 times
Quote:
Ah. Well I'm just saying that in the event that you ever have a gorgeous woman say she likes you wants you to get to know her / for her to get to know you that you should take it for what it is and see she actually really likes you. Even if you end up pushing her away just know that she's likely being very genuine.

I've known a couple guys to push beautiful women away from them because they thought it was too good to be true. And were awful to her, making it known they weren't done "playing the field" or that they hadn't met a girl they really fancied just yet...all to just get her to go away. When in reality they were head-over-heels for her they were just afraid. But she didn't know that and she ended up walking out of their lives because she figured it's what they wanted. Plus why should she subject herself to constant pain from the guy she's head-over-heels for? Way too many men self-sabotaging themselves these days! When's it's real you'll know it..sometimes too late....unfortunately it hurts all involved.
I still don't believe this though that beautiful women hit on men with the exception of if the guys are very attractive themselves. It just feels like they would have some sort of motive in doing so because very attractive women get hit on a lot, so why should they hit on some guy? It's just confusing. If it happened to me, I honestly wouldn't know how to feel about it. I'm pretty decent looking I'd say, but don't have model looks so I just don't see it happening.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:21 PM

195 posts, read 139,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Its because a lot of damage is done in the formative years of high school and college and when women start pulling their heads out of their rear ends the dynamic has changed.
Haha! Yes but then there are the attractive women who were "ugly ducklings" (not to be offensive, just the common phrase) in high school. Who are good people and developed a great personality and didnt care about looks, only to grow into a gorgeous woman and be treated like they were some bratty high school beauty queen when that's not the case.

The same women that hurt you aren't the same ones interested now! They may look similar but you never know how someone started or what their hearts like.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
I still don't believe this though that beautiful women hit on men with the exception of if the guys are very attractive themselves. It just feels like they would have some sort of motive in doing so because very attractive women get hit on a lot, so why should they hit on some guy? It's just confusing. If it happened to me, I honestly wouldn't know how to feel about it. I'm pretty decent looking I'd say, but don't have model looks so I just don't see it happening.
True! Which is where leagues come in once again, or perception rather. Just because on the outside people think she's above some guy looks wise he could be dead sexy to her (seen it happen) and she could love everything about him even though others don't see it.

Also, just because a beautiful woman has guys hitting on her all the time that doesn't mean that's the attention she wants or from the guy she wants it from. Biggest indication of this is if the attractive female in question has remained single yet everyone knows all the guys want her. Then it's her decision to remain single because she's not interested in those guys.

Also, many beautiful women are taken at face value. A lot don't know her quirks, interests, how weird she can be, etc etc because she's often seen not heard. So if she's pursing a type of guy then secretly that's the type she's drawn to or feels she shares something with...even if it confuses others as to what she sees.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:30 PM

405 posts, read 324,817 times
Quote:
True! Which is where leagues come in once again, or perception rather. Just because on the outside people think she's above some guy looks wise he could be dead sexy to her (seen it happen) and she could love everything about him even though others don't see it.

Also, just because a beautiful woman has guys hitting on her all the time that doesn't mean that's the attention she wants or from the guy she wants it from. Biggest indication of this is if the attractive female in question has remained single yet everyone knows all the guys want her. Then it's her decision to remain single because she's not interested in those guys.

Also, many beautiful women are taken at face value. A lot don't know her quirks, interests, how weird she can be, etc etc because she's often seen not heard. So if she's pursing a type of guy then secretly that's the type she's drawn to or feels she shares something with...even if it confuses others as to what she sees.
But to most guys, if an attractive woman is single for a really long time they get into thinking that there's something wrong with her personality like she's stuck up & keeps breaking up with guys constantly.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:33 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,109,847 times
That's true, but I have to wonder if the ugly ducking paradigm is a statistical outlier. If they look like a bratty beauty queen today the odds are they were back then too.

If I were single and a hot woman approached me I would not say no like the other poster, I have even approached these women for dates when I was single despite my experiences and while they said yes the dates sucked lol. They wanted to keep going out but if I went for a kiss or a real hug they were stand offish. A woman similar to me in looks would have no problems kissing me or hugging me.

Quote:
Haha! Yes but then there are the attractive women who were "ugly ducklings" (not to be offensive, just the common phrase) in high school. Who are good people and developed a great personality and didnt care about looks, only to grow into a gorgeous woman and be treated like they were some bratty high school beauty queen when that's not the case.

The same women that hurt you aren't the same ones interested now! They may look similar but you never know how someone started or what their hearts like.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:34 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:

Also, many beautiful women are taken at face value. A lot don't know her quirks, interests, how weird she can be, etc etc because she's seen not heard often. So if she's pursing a type of guy then secretly that's the type she's drawn to or feels she shares something with...even if it confuses others as to what she sees.
Yeah. Another mistake made is some guys think just because a woman may be conventionally hot that her taste will be the same.

Now purely my opinion. Jennifer Tilly, I think is an attractive women. I think she's a looker. But she has stated she isn't into hunky men. When she acted with a guy who played her admirer, she comments how a few girls she talked to thought he was cute and had nice biceps. Apparently, he did nothing for her. So she could probably get a buff hot god that women are crazy about. But she may not like that.

Kevin James has a very hot wife. Automatically guys assume she's with him for his money. I won't say she isn't. But maybe she likes big men. Just because she's not heavy doesn't mean she can't like it on a man. Because Kevin James' only thing is that he's heavy set. But he certainly isn't ugly, imo.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:36 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
There are plenty of women who don't get hit on constantly, either because because of circumstances (she goes straight home from work to watch Netflix or she does activities that involve mostly other women) or because guys tend to think like you do, that she's out of their league and taken or not interested. A lot of women don't get approached by guys they're interested in, so they have to put in the effort.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:37 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
The only way leagues exist, is as convenient excuses for those too chicken **** to make a move. As a man, there is no woman ever born that I would not approach if that's what I wanted. Guys that feel otherwise, need to work on their game.
I'm starting to think you are more into men than women.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
But to most guys, if an attractive woman is single for a really long time they get into thinking that there's something wrong with her personality like she's stuck up & keeps breaking up with guys constantly.
Yeah and that's a misconceived notion that needs to be thrown out, imo! It's such a double standard. When men remain single it's because they haven't found the right girl, if a woman remains single it's because there's "something wrong" with her. Total double standard. Some of the most beautiful (inside and out) women I've met were single by choice because they knew a relationship meant more to them than validation from a man (or society) by being with someone. They knew that eventually they'd find a man they'd want to be with out of love, not societal pressures. Considering that finding a life partner is the most important decision you can make in life, I think this is a rather good way to view relationships...rather than today's selfish "motives" of jumping into relationships with people simply for the sake of it and because it's expected.

There needs to be less judgement placed on women who aren't in relationships. Also, as for stuck up, keep breaking up women those are very easy to spot! Typically on social media talking about how great, beautiful, what a catch they are, putting others down, constantly in/out of relationships on social media and being very...crazy. Lol. The women who are beautiful, sweet, and kind to others though, who choose to be single rather than sleep with every guy who wants her shouldn't be viewed in the same category as the aforementioned women we all know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships