Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 06:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
I guess that could work in some sort of particular setting like a grocery store or something if you're in the same aisle looking for something for instance. But if you're just walking past them it seems like it would be pretty hard to start an actual convo besides the typical hi.
If you are on the street, you can try "hi" or ask them for directions or the time. Or where there is a good coffee shop. Just don't pester....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 07:06 PM

405 posts, read 324,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If you are on the street, you can try "hi" or ask them for directions or the time. Or where there is a good coffee shop. Just don't pester....
lol I just don't see how that would lead to anything though. They would likely just say hi back & keep walking. Or if asking for the time they'll give it, smile than walk. Just doesn't seem like a good start to meet someone.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 PM

195 posts, read 139,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If a woman is interested in a guy, she will at least hover in his vicinity. At the gym, sure, it's easy to start a convo or ask if she can work in, or come up with a question about the workout. But at an event, she might just hover, rather than approach and chat. it depends on the woman; you can't generalize about women believing the man should approach, or worrying about being thought desperate (I think that's a minority of women). If they're into you, they'll figure out a way to get your attention, usually.
This is so true. If a woman is interested she will definitely drop hints but typically I'd think then she'll want you take to the wheel or else she'll think you aren't interested and she'll walk away. Getting hints of interest and pursuing appropriately is difficult but it's usually wanted by the woman for the man to continue pursuing.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:14 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
With the right amount of confidence anyone and everyone is a 10..... ( well that's what I like to think lol )
/End thread>

Right on point.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:14 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Also being able to distingush between her just being polite and interest signals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
This is so true. If a woman is interested she will definitely drop hints but typically I'd think then she'll want you take to the wheel or else she'll think you aren't interested and she'll walk away. Getting hints of interest and pursuing appropriately is difficult but it's usually wanted by the woman for the man to continue pursuing.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 PM

405 posts, read 324,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
I just never had that happen to me as far as I can recall though. When I'm out pretty much everyone just leaves me alone. I don't look like a creep or anything. I consider myself to be pretty decent looking & been told by women online that I've talked to that I have a nice & friendly smile. Not sure if I'm giving off vibes that I want to be left alone or something possibly, but I've just never seen a woman drop hints that she's interested. Only thing I can think of is at my previous job, there were customers who were friendly & nice to me, but probably didn't mean anything by it in terms of being interested since they had to interact with me since I worked there.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Also being able to distingush between her just being polite and interest signals.
Good point

Old 09-16-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
You get approached by women randomly when you're out somewhere? I don't believe it. Not because of looks, but because I never ever see it happen anywhere I'm at. I don't think I've ever been approached once in my life randomly by anyone either. Where are you meeting these women? If it's outside of a bar/club setting, I'd be surprised since women I come across always just keep to themselves & don't speak to anyone or are with their friends/boyfriends/husbands if their not alone.
Neither do I, but it happens, especially when I'm not expecting it. Other people look in disbelief, too. Again like you said, not because of looks, but because women are supposed to be the ones that get approached.

Even the one's who I'd expect would get approached a lot, find the time to at least signal that they are open for a conversation.

I get initiated a lot (maybe not THAT much, but compared to what I expect, it is tons)

I'll say it like this. I've talked to plenty of women in the last few years and I still don't have a memory of approaching any of them.

To answer your question, I rarely go to bars and clubs. I'm always at the Library where I do freelance writing. I also go to Barnes and Noble to chill out. This is where I hang out frequently. The rest of the time, it just happens at different spots.

I'm in East Valley AZ, also. People seem a little more chatty to me, than say some parts of California.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I just never had that happen to me as far as I can recall though. When I'm out pretty much everyone just leaves me alone. I don't look like a creep or anything. I consider myself to be pretty decent looking & been told by women online that I've talked to that I have a nice & friendly smile. Not sure if I'm giving off vibes that I want to be left alone or something possibly, but I've just never seen a woman drop hints that she's interested. Only thing I can think of is at my previous job, there were customers who were friendly & nice to me, but probably didn't mean anything by it in terms of being interested.
True! It is seldom that a woman would drop direct hints to a man. I've seen it happen to one of my buddies and he just thought she was way too good for him and we all knew she was really interested in him. Not it an obnoxious way...she was quite honestly perfect and all the guys wanted her but she was only interested in my buddy but the league thing came up. But I do know some women will drop hints. Either in a coy way or otherwise, depending on the woman and how much she likes the guy.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. A lot of approaches are non-approaches; they're casual, barely discernable as approaches. So some guys write them off as the woman just "being friendly". Women tend not to hit you over the head with an obvious approach. Unless they've tried to get your attention before, and you don't seem to be getting the message. If they're into you, then they'll hit you over the head, and drag you home by the hair.
In that case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships