Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:50 AM

15 posts, read 18,426 times

Advertisements

*SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH*

I'm loosing my mind and I really need outsider advice !! My boyfriend is 24 and I am 23. He is obsessed with soccer!! He plays soccer for recreation 2x a week and he is playing FIFA (computer game) almost every day. Then, he and his friends are having tournaments and competitions!!! He also wathes soccer games on TV, at least 2x a week. So basicly, he is doing some sort of soccer activity every singe day for at leat 2-3 ours, but sometimes more.

(This month he also got a serius job, so keep in mind that he is also working 7 hours a day.)

I have been tolerating this for about 5 years now (we've been together for 7 years). Buy now, I decidet to renovate my room. I am painting it white, and also paining my bed, doors and winodws.

Yesterday, he came to me after work (3.30 pm) and we worked together on paining everything till 7 pm, because there was a soccer game on TV... that is 3.5 hours. OK.... today, we agreed that he comes after work again... BUT! he has to go on a tournament in FIFA. So he has to leave at 6 pm. So he is basicly coming to help me for 3 hours, and I have been working on it since 9 am.
Also, The day that I went and shop for colors he also didn't have time, because he was on a training !!

I don't even care that much about that stupid room... But everytime that we have sometning going on he has some soccer stuff he has to go (watch game on TV, play FIFA, go on a tournament, go play soccer with friends) !!! Is that even normal??????

We used to sleep together at least 4x a week. Now he hasn't sleep at my apartment at least 4 days and that is copletly OK with him??

Am I crazy and overeacting or what??

(Yesterday, he said that he would cancel torurnament and come help me, but today he has been calling me (at least 5 times) and asking me if he could go and thet we will be finished by 6 and so on! Now I just said that I don't need his help and that he can do whaterever the hell he wants!!)

*****also, he os not cheating me or something, he is axcualy going on this stuff !! I feel like I am dating 12 years old boy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 07:13 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
He's obsessed with soccer. I don't know if you can change that with an heart to heart talk. You have some hard decisions to make. I wish you luck.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:22 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,861 times
I wouldn't say it's normal, but it does happen. People can become obsessed or even addicted to things: drugs, alcohol, gambling, TV shows, or in this case, sports. It takes a toll on a relationship when it happens.

I agree with Hawaiian:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He's obsessed with soccer. I don't know if you can change that with an heart to heart talk. You have some hard decisions to make. I wish you luck.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:37 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
It is normal to be passionate even obsessive about things that brings enjoyment. The point at which it becomes a problem is when it displaces other healthy things in life; including things that make a relationship work.

As already mentioned, talk to him to assess where you two stand in the relationship. No one wants to be 2nd priority to something else... especially a computer game. It will just breed animosity and insecurities.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,395 times
Was he already like this? If so, then it might be time to accept that it may be to much for you. If not, then put your foot down and tell him what you need, which at this point sounds like his time. Know ahead of time what you will accept and what you wont and tell him straight up. That way, there is no mistake and if he starts to backslide call him on it.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:31 AM

21 posts, read 16,474 times
You're very selfish. He has helped you on more than one occasion, and you want more, more, more. Keep going that way and you'll eventually end up with nothing, nothing, nothing. Some women don't have boyfriends. You're lucky to have one. But he's going to leave you one day because you don't care about him, the effort that he makes for you, nor do you respect his time and the way he chooses to spend it.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,423,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradlocke View Post
You're very selfish. He has helped you on more than one occasion, and you want more, more, more. Keep going that way and you'll eventually end up with nothing, nothing, nothing. Some women don't have boyfriends. You're lucky to have one. But he's going to leave you one day because you don't care about him, the effort that he makes for you, nor do you respect his time and the way he chooses to spend it.

Huh? He spent a total of 7 hours helping her, maybe. Other wise EVERY-WAKING-MOMENT of this guys life is soccer.
Doesn't even sleep with her anymore.

You call her selfish. lol

Old 09-20-2015, 07:54 AM

8 posts, read 5,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Huh? He spent a total of 7 hours helping her, maybe. Other wise EVERY-WAKING-MOMENT of this guys life is soccer.
Doesn't even sleep with her anymore.

You call her selfish. lol
And how many hours has she spent doing anything for him? If he doesn't sleep with her much any more, what does that tell you about how utterly annoying she must be?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:03 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,423,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratomberger View Post
And how many hours has she spent doing anything for him? If he doesn't sleep with her much any more, what does that tell you about how utterly annoying she must be?
I don't know, but over the course of a 7 year relationship, 5 of which have been obliterated by soccer, I'm betting she puts way more into it than he does.

Annoying? Maybe. Who knows. What I do know, is he is way more interested in playing with balls in the park with a bunch of guys, than he is in playing with his woman. lol

Old 09-20-2015, 08:39 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradlocke View Post
you're very selfish. He has helped you on more than one occasion, and you want more, more, more. Keep going that way and you'll eventually end up with nothing, nothing, nothing. Some women don't have boyfriends. You're lucky to have one. But he's going to leave you one day because you don't care about him, the effort that he makes for you, nor do you respect his time and the way he chooses to spend it.
lolololol!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships