Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 12:46 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Yes, but only if you think your marriage is worth fighting for; it honestly doesn't sound like you do. Divorce doesn't have to be a traumatic, life-altering failure, especially since (if I understand correctly) there are no children in the mix yet.

Exactly. And posting on a message board isn't really taking action to save a marriage. It is just complaining and killing time. Anything you hear here isn't going to do anything. If you want to save it, get to work.

If you don't, end it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 12:48 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
My stance is still that you need to learn some communication skills and go to counseling, as does your husband.

If that doesn't work, then get divorced

Old 09-16-2015, 12:58 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
What made me lose desire = he lost it first (sound familiar OP?)

How I got it back = divorced the overgrown baby.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:08 PM

277 posts, read 271,472 times
How about we stop making this conversation about me? Maybe we can indeed all share our personal experiences, and maybe someone else can benefit from it, either by feeling that they can relate, or by venting, or maybe someone can even incorporate some suggestions in their personal lives. I thought forums were for people to exchange experiences, debate, show a different side of the story, learn and maybe gain new perspective. The topic I offered for discussion is why people lose desire in their SO, and how they get it back? . Can we focus on the topic, please?

Old 09-16-2015, 01:12 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
How about we stop making this conversation about me? Maybe we can indeed all share our personal experiences, and maybe someone else can benefit from it, either by feeling that they can relate, or by venting, or maybe someone can even incorporate some suggestions in their personal lives. I thought forums were for people to exchange experiences, debate, show a different side of the story, learn and maybe gain new perspective. The topic I offered for discussion is why people lose desire in their SO, and how they get it back? . Can we focus on the topic, please?

Well you're the OP. People generally don't ask questions for the sake of asking random questions. They ask because they have had that question arise and they're looking for an answer. So in the end, most every post is about the OP and their situation, by default. It's the nature of a forum where a person asks a question. General conversation about vague and random hypothetical situations isn't helpful, or interesting, to almost anyone.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
Because all your posts are about the same topic, which happens to be what YOU are going through. It taints all your posts. Maybe visit the Home Decorating or Pets forum for a change of scenery.

Whether you actually stay married or divorce, you need therapy anyway to sort out your thought process, because you still don't seem to understand the advice many of us have offered.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:19 PM

277 posts, read 271,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well you're the OP. People generally don't ask questions for the sake of asking random questions. They ask because they have had that question arise and they're looking for an answer. So in the end, most every post is about the OP and their situation, by default. It's the nature of a forum where a person asks a question. General conversation about vague and random hypothetical situations isn't helpful, or interesting, to almost anyone.
Well, do you think I am the only one on this forum who's lost attraction to their partner? I bet I am not, and so I'm inviting other people to share, if they want. What's the point of creating many threads and opening conversation topics if it all gets turned to post number one. Thank you for the good intentions, but really I am not looking for a specific advice of what to do- that I will figure out by myself. i am however trying to gain perspective and hear from other people, as well as create ground for other people to share, without them feeling tragic about it (when you have to create a thread about it, it probably is a deeper concern for you; when you just chip in ideas, it empowers you, because you don't feel like you are bragging/complaining)

Old 09-16-2015, 01:32 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Here's our story. For me, it was anger and resentment. They are poison.

//www.city-data.com/forum/14373932-post56.html

Old 09-16-2015, 01:34 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Attraction -- and the failure of it -- come from more than just sexual factors. Granted there are myriad levels of attraction, and even isolated attraction based on just ONE of several potential factors; but most of us view our mates with a range (or lack) of attractions, from the overall physical, down to singular factors ("My husband has a great schlong, real artistry, but he uses it like a kid with a hockey stick chasing rats!")... from the purely academic, to artistic imaginings... from how they relate to us on particular levels, to the deep and abiding differences we have but can appreciate.

I can be so-so attracted to a woman on the physical level, only to have her start sharing real intelligence and creativity. Suddenly, I'm harder than a left turn during rush hour! I can be totally into a woman and all her wonderful assets physically, and she says something idiotic and just keeps going. Suddenly, I'd rather be with anyone else. I'm just sapiosexual in that regard.

There's obviously no formula.

I've not read any of your other threads, but I know from my own experiences that when one begins to get down on a marriage, whatever the reason(s), it can become repetitive -- not because you're just a whiny or griping person, but because it's ON YOUR MIND and prevalent in your thoughts.

As for how people have managed to fix it once some form of attraction was gone...

I honestly don't know. It's said that hate can turn into love, and that back into hate; but love, once turned to hate, doesn't seem to turn back.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:12 PM

81 posts, read 72,273 times
Once I lose desire for someone, there is no getting it back. Every couple has dry spells to one degree or another, but if I don't want to touch someone at all or I look at someone and think, "don't touch me," that's usually the death knell for the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships