Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 05:28 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,008,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Surely that is enough to legally sever his contact with his kid? Attempted murder?

Jesus wept. These people.
It was temporarily severed but we go to court again next week where it is expected he will get supervised visitation. The court system likes to keep both parents involved. Please dont get me started on that idiotic philosophy.

But laws are only followed by law abiding people. My ex could care less about what the actual judge and the laws say to do. He does what he wants. We have a protective order in place right now and I am fairly certain I heard his car in front of my house last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsangel2 View Post
This is what I have been thinking every time OP talks about this topic. Seems like she used to say frequently that the good, stable guys were boring to her when she was younger, so she didn't date them.

So basically, the above and what another poster said - the good guys your age are now married.
Yes I do find that a lot of the good guys are married with families. What is left is the guys that are not wanting or ready for relationships and family life.

I have a group of about 6 single moms in my age bracket, that also have dismal results in dating. So it is more than just an issue with me specifically being an issue.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:46 AM

As i said earlier, once I began receiving child support, I no longer qualified for food stamps of $200 a month.

I dont see why it was an issue that I received them. I qualified based on my income and expenses. Every single mom should be able to get help either from the father or in the form of child support.

And if he goes to jail, which will result in no child support again, I will once again apply for assistance to help cover the cost. I currently have a monthly daycare bill of $800 and we are part time. Thats a hefty bill to cover with no child support.

If you want to fix the welfare system, fix the child support system. Ironically being ordered to pay child support is what has my ex set off crazy. Before that we did not see or hear from him for months.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:51 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,077,227 times
I had no idea until I was about 28 how important the high school years were, maybe the first few years of college also if you went to a true college town. After that its impossible to not have some life views that effect the dating dynamics.

But wouldnt a single guy that does not want more kids be perfect for a single mom so long as her kid was not small (like 10ish)? Its better than the single women at 28 to 32 who dont have kids and have baby fever to the nth degree, you will get maybe one good year with them before they want to start poping out kids and then your getting no sleep and look like hell for 6-7 years with only one good year of sex and companionship. What guy wants that when his friends who married at 18 got to do that for 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yes I do find that a lot of the good guys are married with families. What is left is the guys that are not wanting or ready for relationships and family life.

I have a group of about 6 single moms in my age bracket, that also have dismal results in dating. So it is more than just an issue with me specifically being an issue.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:56 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,077,227 times
He must either be CIA trained to avoid child support or he was living in some trailer in montana drinking cheap beer with a wife beater on working odd jobs under the table. Some guys can do that their whole life but thats a super crap life style.

So if he was working a normal job and was somehow avoiding the wage garnishments then he is a genious and you should be concerned, child support enforcement is like the modern KGB in their ability to collect money from people that are trying really hard to hide.

I have dont research into this because guys can actually be jailed if they have the courts impute income that they dont actually have. This sounds really dramatic but child support inforcement has this down to such an exact sciecne that the only way out of an imputed income sitaution is to flee the nation if the judge does not allow a modification.

It should have been a cake walk for you to get child support unless the guy was litterally living on the streets or in his car with no source of income or if he is dealing drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
As i said earlier, once I began receiving child support, I no longer qualified for food stamps of $200 a month.

I dont see why it was an issue that I received them. I qualified based on my income and expenses. Every single mom should be able to get help either from the father or in the form of child support.

And if he goes to jail, which will result in no child support again, I will once again apply for assistance to help cover the cost. I currently have a monthly daycare bill of $800 and we are part time. Thats a hefty bill to cover with no child support.

If you want to fix the welfare system, fix the child support system. Ironically being ordered to pay child support is what has my ex set off crazy. Before that we did not see or hear from him for months.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:05 AM

My youngest is a toddler. I am a few years away from 40. My oldest I had in my early 20's.

My friend has teenagers, and he looks at my toddler and says he misses that age. Frankly whatever guy I have in my life will need to be my childrens father figure, because neither of their fathers are not in their lives. Thats a tall order for most guys also. I dont have a break from parenting every other weekend.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
He must either be CIA trained to avoid child support or he was living in some trailer in montana drinking cheap beer with a wife beater on working odd jobs under the table. Some guys can do that their whole life but thats a super crap life style.

So if he was working a normal job and was somehow avoiding the wage garnishments then he is a genious and you should be concerned, child support enforcement is like the modern KGB in their ability to collect money from people that are trying really hard to hide.

I have dont research into this because guys can actually be jailed if they have the courts impute income that they dont actually have. This sounds really dramatic but child support inforcement has this down to such an exact sciecne that the only way out of an imputed income sitaution is to flee the nation if the judge does not allow a modification.

It should have been a cake walk for you to get child support unless the guy was litterally living on the streets or in his car with no source of income or if he is dealing drugs.
Or he is his own boss, lies about his wages, ignores the wage garnishmennts he receives, will go to jail in lieu of paying support because it is better than paying me money, will drive on a suspended license, and makes sure he owes taxes at the end of the year so zero chance of his tax refund getting intercepted.

Did your research tell you how to fix all the above? If they do not want to pay, they wont.

He attempted to get custody to get out of paying support. When he failed at that, his new plan is to kill me and then he will get the child. His crazy behind does not realize he wont have custody of a child while in prison. He is a hot mess.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,579,257 times
I think you have an extremely large hurdle in that you have a violent ex who has tried to hurt you and is still in your life. That kind of person will not limit his rage to just you. A man with his life together, who hates "drama," as you say, is likely not going to want to live and sleep with a woman when he has to worry about getting murdered.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:17 AM

6,424 posts, read 9,744,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think you have an extremely large hurdle in that you have a violent ex who has tried to hurt you and is still in your life. That kind of person will not limit his rage to just you. A man with his life together, who hates "drama," as you say, is likely not going to want to live and sleep with a woman when he has to worry about getting murdered.

Even when the woman thinks she is such a great catch? lol

Old 09-18-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is true.

I really do not know how to fix it. On one hand I am tempted to say just terminate rights and child support, because my life will instantly become calm. But I cannot afford to support everything on my income right now. Maybe when daycare ends I can, but we are a year away from getting out of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships