Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 09:12 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
See this is more of a determining factor that most.

You should write your ad as specific as possible, this way you eliminate a lot of men. If a good Asian/Hispanic/black man messages you, they are denied, so maybe you're a getting messages from men but just not the white man?

Your headline should say:

Looking for a good white man. Others need not apply.
I do not write ads, or even participate in online dating. I gave up on all online profiles last october, after 61 meetings with guys that were not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 09:19 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
She could be a perfect 10 but with morals like hers who would really want to be with her for more than a night?
If you are so teeth gnashing, fist pounding mad, then I assume Trump is counting on your vote next fall.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:30 AM

6,445 posts, read 9,801,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
If you are so teeth gnashing, fist pounding mad, then I assume Trump is counting on your vote next fall.

Huh? you really should put the pipe down before replying.

I'm not even a little mad at the OP, I find her postings humorous and fun to read.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:51 AM

20,747 posts, read 19,947,491 times
One thing is for sure - Lowonluck's threads are never shorter than 25 pages. Even though they all end the same.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:51 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am done with losers, jerks and crazy men. I cannot take anymore of the nonsense.

Where do you find good ones? How do you know for certain they are good?

I have been spending time with a good friend and he is always right there for me and his actions show me he cares, but how do I know he wont suddenly change?
Many times we have to look at ourselves before we point fingers at everybody around us and then think if the reason why we don't find a great guy/girl is because we are the ones that push them away.

Good men are looking for good women.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:07 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
It's true. We discuss this at our meetings. I'm not privy to the secret war strategem, but as a low level jarhead, I'm pleased to see that Operation: Keep Women in Check is proceeding as planned.
That cracked me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I didn't have time for no man when my kids were little.

I mean, I really didn't have any time. I worked 40 hours a week, parented and recovered the rest.
My friend is in this position now. Her youngest is 11 so she has a bit more flexibility now but she feels she needs to be a parent first. She spent August proactively trying to date because her kids were with their dad. But as soon as she got them back, she disabled her online accounts because she knew with school, scouts, etc she isn't going to have the time she'd like to devote to dating right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Some people who are single for a good bit, start to get depressed / lonely rather fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
The flip side is it is also unnatural to be single for years with no sexual outlet... Being involuntarily celibate for long periods is not natural or healthy for most people so its kind of a catch 22 if you don't get lucky on the first shot.
Exactly. Lately, I'm noticing the toll having been on my own for the last 7.5 years is starting to take on me. I don't want to just jump in bed with the first guy who comes along but I'm also starting to recognize that loneliness and lack of intimacy is slowing killing me. (No, I'm not suicidal, just recognize that something in my life really needs to change and that is the only area of my life that is lacking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Her mom has been divorced twice also and is 60 now, but she still has a man and if she broke up with him, I think she'd find another man within a month. lol
My former co-worker is like this. Some people simply can't be alone.

Quote:
As i said earlier, once I began receiving child support, I no longer qualified for food stamps of $200 a month.

I dont see why it was an issue that I received them. I qualified based on my income and expenses. Every single mom should be able to get help either from the father or in the form of child support.

And if he goes to jail, which will result in no child support again, I will once again apply for assistance to help cover the cost. I currently have a monthly daycare bill of $800 and we are part time. Thats a hefty bill to cover with no child support.
Quote:
This is true.

I really do not know how to fix it. On one hand I am tempted to say just terminate rights and child support, because my life will instantly become calm. But I cannot afford to support everything on my income right now. Maybe when daycare ends I can, but we are a year away from getting out of that.
Not every single mother has the luxury of having the father in the picture to provide support. I'm not talking about deadbeats-I'm talking about widows and widowers who are single parents and have no choice but to do it on their own. Not every single mother (or father) can afford two cars and two houses and cry they have to be on public assistance. If you are struggling that badly you can't support your kids, sell a car or a house. Liquidate some assets and put your children first instead of trying to rely on someone(s) who have proved they aren't going to be there for their kids or the system.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
That cracked me up.

My friend is in this position now. Her youngest is 11 so she has a bit more flexibility now but she feels she needs to be a parent first. She spent August proactively trying to date because her kids were with their dad. But as soon as she got them back, she disabled her online accounts because she knew with school, scouts, etc she isn't going to have the time she'd like to devote to dating right now.

Exactly. Lately, I'm noticing the toll having been on my own for the last 7.5 years is starting to take on me. I don't want to just jump in bed with the first guy who comes along but I'm also starting to recognize that loneliness and lack of intimacy is slowing killing me. (No, I'm not suicidal, just recognize that something in my life really needs to change and that is the only area of my life that is lacking).

My former co-worker is like this. Some people simply can't be alone.

Not every single mother has the luxury of having the father in the picture to provide support. I'm not talking about deadbeats-I'm talking about widows and widowers who are single parents and have no choice but to do it on their own. Not every single mother (or father) can afford two cars and two houses and cry they have to be on public assistance. If you are struggling that badly you can't support your kids, sell a car or a house. Liquidate some assets and put your children first instead of trying to rely on someone(s) who have proved they aren't going to be there for their kids or the system.
I only have one car, and I am planning to sell one of the houses as soon as the tenant can buy it or the lease is up. It was not my want or intention to be a landlord.

Widows get social security. Bottom line is I did not create the kids alone and I should be getting help. I really cant win... When I was not getting child support, everyone said I should collect it. I fought for a year to get it and now being told to support them on my own.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:21 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Widows get social security.

You said once your first kid's dad died. So are you not getting this?

What happened to the second car you had?

Old 09-18-2015, 10:26 AM

6,445 posts, read 9,801,932 times
Quote:
Widows get social security. Bottom line is I did not create the kids alone and I should be getting help. I really cant win... When I was not getting child support, everyone said I should collect it. I fought for a year to get it and now being told to support them on my own.

After all the threads and postings you still don't get it do you?

Old 09-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You said once your first kid's dad died. So are you not getting this?

What happened to the second car you had?
I get a little social security. But he married after me and had additional kids, so the benefits are split.

I sold my old car a few months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships