Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 01:00 PM

971 posts, read 688,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Dating within race is extremely common. I might date someone of another race but they would have to fall under my country boy preference to even have me notice them. And with the area being 98% white...I should be able to stick to my race.
I don't understand why you have so much trouble finding a country boy type based on where we live. I know you and I are practically neighbors. Any of my buddies (all country boys) myself included would love to have a good looking dress size 2 woman that likes campfires, cold beer and boats and ATV's for a girlfriend. Hell, most of them could care less about your size if you are nice and fun to be with. You gotta be doing something wrong. Just can't figure out what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 01:04 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Said or not, these are NOT "good" people. They're racist/bigoted/prejudiced people.
I'm seeing a woman from Thailand that is living here in Vail and I was kind of taken back by the way she was so uneasy when we went to bar in Denver that is mostly black people. Later on she said she don't care for black people . Seems like a lot of Asians have that mindset, she was polite to everyone but you could tell she felt a little out of place.

I'm still dating her, she's a lot of fun and loves skiing/biking. It's really odd though, she's such a sweetheart otherwise.

For the OP..
Seems like living in a tiny town is more your issue than anything! Just do more things and try getting into another social circle. I've actually had luck with online dating, but I live in a pretty decent sized area.

Last edited by MarshallV84; 09-18-2015 at 01:14 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 01:04 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I don't understand why you have so much trouble finding a country boy type based on where we live. I know you and I are practically neighbors. Any of my buddies (all country boys) myself included would love to have a good looking dress size 2 woman that likes campfires, cold beer and boats and ATV's for a girlfriend. Hell, most of them could care less about your size if you are nice and fun to be with. You gotta be doing something wrong. Just can't figure out what.
We really should meet one night for drinks.

I have a theory that men love the idea of me, but rarely do they know what to do with me.

And my size is 5'3", 120 lb, size 2/4... If a man finds fault with that he can take a long walk, off a short pier.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
I don't think we're too PC, but that said, if I refused to date a white chick because she has dated a black guy (which really what we were talking about), there is no way on this green earth that I could be called a "good" guy. I would be a disgusting bigot.
I don't agree with that.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:07 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't agree with that.

By definition I would be a bigot. There is nothing to agree with or disagree with.

Unless you think bigots / prejudiced people / racists can be good people. That, of course, is a matter of opinion.

The notion of not wanting to make out with / date / have sex with someone because they had sex with someone of a different race is so ridiculous its beyond belief. Really, if it wasn't for places like CD, things like MGTOW (drink!) and this type of stuff would never have ever crossed my mind its so bizarre.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:09 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
"Good people"
Is subjective to your own morals and ethics.

My grandfather is a racist by definition, but I would not classify him as a bad person.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
"Good people"

Is subjective to your own moral and ethics

Sure. Pol Pot was a good guy to a bunch of people, I'm sure.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:13 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
By definition I would be a bigot. There is nothing to agree with or disagree with.

Unless you think bigots / prejudiced people / racists can be good people. That, of course, is a matter of opinion.

The notion of not wanting to make out with / date / have sex with someone because they had sex with someone of a different race is so ridiculous its beyond belief. Really, if it wasn't for places like CD, things like MGTOW (drink!) and this type of stuff would never have ever crossed my mind its so bizarre.
I just see it as an issue of wanting to be with someone who shares your values and beliefs. It doesn't mean you have hatred/intolerance towards other groups just because you prefer not to date outside of your own.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:14 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
This thread has taken a weird turn.

A racist is someone who feels that someone of a particular race are inferior solely because of said race. No other reason. How can someone who makes a snap judgment about an entire group of people be considered a person of good character? I could not date someone who was racist. I would not consider a racist relative a good person.

Seriously, someone straight out said that they were racist and you continued to date her??? She's a nice person otherwise...

Old 09-18-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just see it as an issue of wanting to be with someone who shares your values and beliefs. It doesn't mean you have hatred/intolerance towards other groups just because you prefer not to date outside of your own.

And since we weren't talking about that, it's rather irrelevant.

We're not talking about dating outside our race (of course we're one species, Homo sapiens sapiens, there isn't enough genetic differentiation in our species to have geographic races), we're talking about dating someone who has dated outside "your own". That is absolutely intolerance of other groups. It can only mean you view that other person has having sullied the person you're interested in dating. It is bigotry at its core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships