Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 01:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just see it as an issue of wanting to be with someone who shares your values and beliefs. It doesn't mean you have hatred/intolerance towards other groups just because you prefer not to date outside of your own.
Values and beliefs transcend skin color...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 01:27 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
every single one of you on this board does relatively "bad" things for your own reasons or reasons you would justify as doing so rightfully.

Does that automatically make you "good" people despite your personal flaws?

By definition alone, no.

To bring it full circle to the thread topic and why the OP seems to be having trouble finding "good" people....perhaps she needs to define what "good" actually means for her and if her lifestyle and character is actually indicative of what she wants to attract.

All of this was covered earlier in the thread.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:28 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Values and beliefs transcend skin color...

Unless that value is racism...

Old 09-18-2015, 01:30 PM

957 posts, read 1,059,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
This thread has taken a weird turn.

A racist is someone who feels that someone of a particular race are inferior solely because of said race. No other reason. How can someone who makes a snap judgment about an entire group of people be considered a person of good character? I could not date someone who was racist. I would not consider a racist relative a good person.

Seriously, someone straight out said that they were racist and you continued to date her??? She's a nice person otherwise...
For sure.

She's really hot and has the same hobbies as me. It's rare to find women who actually love hiking, biking and skiing. She's really feminine too which I like. She's never been around black people and grew up in Thailand. I don't think she hates them so much as she's uncomfortable around them. It's a little different upbringing, over time I feel like she'll adjust.

My grandparents are a little racist in the general sense but they get along individuals of all types. We have a mixed family and they are fine with that. It doesn't mean I'm going to cut contact with them because they don't see eye to eye with me. They're good people, just WAY different backgrounds and experiences. Sometimes during family get togethers they say pretty awful things while my BIL (He's Mexican) is around. He understands and kinda winks at us when they start their little political rants. Ha

Last edited by MarshallV84; 09-18-2015 at 01:38 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 01:31 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Unless that value is racism...
In which case, it's probably better for bigots to pair off amongst themselves. Saves everyone else the trouble of weeding them out.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:33 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am done with losers, jerks and crazy men. I cannot take anymore of the nonsense.

Where do you find good ones? How do you know for certain they are good?

I have been spending time with a good friend and he is always right there for me and his actions show me he cares, but how do I know he wont suddenly change?
The Marine Corps has some good men

Old 09-18-2015, 01:37 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This is a big part of your problem right here. A town that size is not going to have a large selection to chose from. And the "good" ones you are looking for probably married their HS or college sweethearts.

And everyone probably knows everyone else...and they may know of the OP's lifestyle and penchant for drama.

Yeah, she needs to move to a larger city.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM

1,185 posts, read 803,879 times
OP, expand your horizon, if you can't move, I suggest the online dating avenue.

Open yourself in dating more than just white men, that could help.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:47 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
And everyone probably knows everyone else...and they may know of the OP's lifestyle and penchant for drama.

Yeah, she needs to move to a larger city.
I am a farm raised, cowboy boot wearing country girl that has a very redneck profession. A big city would never be my style. I would rather be single on my 2 1/2 acres surrounded by farms, then move to a larger city.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:50 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just see it as an issue of wanting to be with someone who shares your values and beliefs.
I'm pretty sure there are men outside my race who share my same value and beliefs. I'm not sure why there wouldn't be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships