Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 01:50 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am a farm raised, cowboy boot wearing country girl that has a very redneck profession. A big city would never be my style. I would rather be single on my 2 1/2 acres surrounded by farms, then move to a larger city.

But if someone is trying to kill you, wouldn't a big city provide more "cover" so to speak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 01:50 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Quote:
I am a farm raised, cowboy boot wearing country girl that has a very redneck profession. A big city would never be my style. I would rather be single on my 2 1/2 acres surrounded by farms, then move to a larger city.
There's got to be at least minor league baseball. Try baseball or dog parks.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:51 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
OP, expand your horizon, if you can't move, I suggest the online dating avenue.

Open yourself in dating more than just white men, that could help.
I tried the online dating avenue. You can go find my threads from last summer to read about the guys I met. 61 guys in 3 months and not one was worth a second date.

I had fools begging to come put gas in my car just to meet me. Online dating is not where the good men are, it was full of the rejects no one else wants.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
But if someone is trying to kill you, wouldn't a big city provide more "cover" so to speak?
Possibly but I would not fit there.

I have the hometown advantage of my neighbors, family, coworkers and friends protecting my kids and I here.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:55 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I'm pretty sure there are men outside my race who share my same value and beliefs. I'm not sure why there wouldn't be?
I'm talking about sharing the belief that you should date within your own race (if that is a belief that you have).

Old 09-18-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
There's got to be at least minor league baseball. Try baseball or dog parks.
What makes you think i will find a country boy at a baseball stadium? Odds are greater at a country bar or motorsport park.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:00 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Don't settle. Wouldn't you rather just have friends if you can't find a main squeeze? You can meet people that way also. Whatever you do, don't act desperate. Dating just to date. I never liked dating and found things worked out better just starting as friend first. Opposites don't attract for long so find someone with similar values and interests.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:03 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times
Quote:
Date older or younger than you normally do?

Is there a large city within a 30-50 miles around you? There's plenty of bigger towns that kinda have that culture going on the outskirts of OKC, Bigger Texas cites, etc. That's definitely not my style but whatever works for you!

Vail kinda sucks for dating too since it's full of snobby pretentious ***hats, then you have the snow carnies/hippies that don't really appeal to me. None the less, I seem to find good people to talk to after living here awhile, I met the girl I'm seeing now through some guys I kinda chat with at the bar I go to once a week, I wouldn't have talked to her if I didn't sort of know those guys she worked with. They're not really friends, just know them from talking about sports to them when I hit up happy hour.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Don't settle. Wouldn't you rather just have friends if you can't find a main squeeze? You can meet people that way also. Whatever you do, don't act desperate. Dating just to date. I never liked dating and found things worked out better just starting as friend first. Opposites don't attract for long so find someone with similar values and interests.
Yes, completely agree. I really am ok single. I just still have hopes of finding a husband someday. One that loves me and wants to be married to me.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:08 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Quote:
What makes you think i will find a country boy at a baseball stadium? Odds are greater at a country bar or motorsport park.
They love baseball and hot dogs. People that go to country bars like to fight which you are trying to get away from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships