Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 03:54 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

No. No, no, no.

The corrolation between the FB/FWB situations and the FZ situations that I'm trying to make here, is that sometimes PEOPLE of any gender will engage in deceptive behavior towards other PEOPLE in order to keep a situation on their own terms, whatever those may be, knowing fully that the other party wants something different. If a woman is leading a guy on with flirtation and a flimsy hope that she might just come around, and keeping him "just a friend" whenever the possibility seems to warm up, and is using him for any sort of personal gain, then that is no bueno. And it's not a very good friendship whatever else it is, either. That seems to be the scenario that most guys complain about with the "friend zone."

And if a man, and here is a very important point, Anoninternetguy...if a man DECEIVES a woman into thinking he might be available for more, knowing that more is what she wants, but intending only to keep her strung along so he can hook up if he really wants to...that is also wrong.

But both of the aggrieved parties should, at some point, wise up to the situation and save themselves, or else they have no one to blame for their continued victimhood but themselves. No one was holding a gun to their heads, and it's a free country. Don't like what's going on? Change it.

I am not talking about a FWB situation where the parameters are clearly laid out in black and white, and someone "secretly" wants more. I'm talking about a situation where a person's emotions are being exploited. Just as a guy could be exploited by a so-called "friend" who is really just using him. I'm saying instead of comparing the trees side by side and counting the leaves, look at the forest. Sometimes people just aren't very good to one another.

On the bright side...sometimes they are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 04:16 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well on CD women are perfect angels who can do wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yeah, that too.

You guys each just slowed your growth a little bit

Old 12-04-2015, 04:48 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
The bottom line here is this: If you're a straight guy who is hanging out with a woman socially that you're not sleeping with, you're in the friend-zone. And, you do want to sleep with her if you're bothering to hang out with her - even if you're not admitting it to yourself; if you weren't attracted to her physically, you wouldn't give her the time of day. And, if you are in that situation, the woman is taking advantage of you - though of course you're letting her.

You're wasting your time with her, and could instead be spending this time going after women who actually are into you, instead of wasting time with someone who isn't.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:27 PM

252 posts, read 187,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
No. No, no, no.

The corrolation between the FB/FWB situations and the FZ situations that I'm trying to make here, is that sometimes PEOPLE of any gender will engage in deceptive behavior towards other PEOPLE in order to keep a situation on their own terms, whatever those may be, knowing fully that the other party wants something different. If a woman is leading a guy on with flirtation and a flimsy hope that she might just come around, and keeping him "just a friend" whenever the possibility seems to warm up, and is using him for any sort of personal gain, then that is no bueno. And it's not a very good friendship whatever else it is, either. That seems to be the scenario that most guys complain about with the "friend zone."

And if a man, and here is a very important point, Anoninternetguy...if a man DECEIVES a woman into thinking he might be available for more, knowing that more is what she wants, but intending only to keep her strung along so he can hook up if he really wants to...that is also wrong.

But both of the aggrieved parties should, at some point, wise up to the situation and save themselves, or else they have no one to blame for their continued victimhood but themselves. No one was holding a gun to their heads, and it's a free country. Don't like what's going on? Change it.

I am not talking about a FWB situation where the parameters are clearly laid out in black and white, and someone "secretly" wants more. I'm talking about a situation where a person's emotions are being exploited. Just as a guy could be exploited by a so-called "friend" who is really just using him. I'm saying instead of comparing the trees side by side and counting the leaves, look at the forest. Sometimes people just aren't very good to one another.

On the bright side...sometimes they are!
The point I'm making is that your analogy is flawed because if we were actually talking about a fwb situation where the girl wanted more, guy said no, and she kept coming back anyways, the guy would be vilified, as the dude was in the thread I mentioned.

All you're trying to do with your analogy is deflect responsibility from the woman using the thirsty dudes, onto the dude for being thirsty. But it doesn't work, because like I said, if we were talking about a real fwb situation, CD would be out in pitch forks about the dude "using" the poor girl.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
No I haven't.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:53 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Look around this forum and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:49 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Look around this forum and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

I see men (myself included) and women who first view things from their perspectives as men and women. I see a few men and women who consistently fail to even consider that someone else's point of view might be valid, but those people are rare. You may be squinting in an effort to see the few women who are always right, meanwhile looking right past the many women here who are more open minded. Could be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships