Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 03:46 PM

589 posts, read 1,341,202 times

Advertisements

How about not treating women like objects, and treating them like people?

Instead of 'want to go on a date', try a softer approach. You are a virtual stranger to them, especially if you are asking them for a date almost immediately upon meeting. How about approaching a classmate with a "I was really intrigued/confused/enlightened by what Professor X said in the lecture today." Then if she responds with a conversational gambit "Me too, he lost me a bit" or similar, try "Do you have time to grab a coffee and discuss it more?" Don't specify 'right now' or any specific time, let her respond.

Also - other than finding a woman physically attractive, what draws you to an individual? If it's nothing more than 'she's a she', that is not going to fly. A woman needs to have something more to interest her than male genitalia. If she's got nothing other than 'he's a he' to decide whether to go out, guarantee you she's going to turn you down. If she doesn't, she's likely the kind of person you will regret dating.

Instead of trying to create a relationship out of thin air, start by trying to create a spark. Some sparks flare, some sputter. But it's almost impossible to create an inferno without a spark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 03:51 PM

16 posts, read 21,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
No. You're expected to act like a human being who has more on his mind than "OMG I really need a woman!" (Whether you're just needing one for sex, or you want love.) Acting "thirsty" or in other words making it a top priority, will NOT be attractive to women and we can sense that behavior a mile off.

The correct approach is to put yourself out there where the women are, optimally doing something that you are interested in, let us for this example pretend it's a club. So you join this club. If you're interested in the subject of the club, that's best. If not, you better be able to fake it, really well...so don't choose a club that will be difficult to fake. You can't pull off "I'm a chess champion" if you've never played the game. Then, you act as though it's a total coincidence that you find yourself in the proximity of these lovely women. And you treat them...wait for it.... like people.

You relax. Let them see you around and be comfortable in your presence. See which ones act warm and which ones act cold. Single out your target. Start with eye contact. Then just talk to her. About anything. But drop hints such as nonthreatening compliments on her clothing or jewelry or something. Show that you are noticing her and things about her. Monitor her responses. The more her nonverbals give a green-light, her words will soon follow, and before you know it, you'll be asking her out for dinner/coffee/movie/whatever on Friday night and slinging subtle "I'm so gonna make you scream my name" innuendo.

Now none of this is difficult for some men, but for others, no matter how many times they are told how to interact with women, it seems like so much work, or it's too hard, or whatever...and I think some guys just don't know how to read others' body language. I don't know.
Didnt know i had to fake joining a club i hate to get a woman sounds like a lot of annoying hoops to jump thou
I am interesting in dating only nothing else

Old 09-18-2015, 03:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdimir View Post
Didnt know i had to fake joining a club i hate to get a woman sounds like a lot of annoying hoops to jump thou
Don't make this so hard.

The point is to get yourself around as many people as possible so that you increase your chances of meeting women.

Do stuff, try things, meet people, be interesting.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:57 PM

20,210 posts, read 14,439,908 times
Quote:
I used the club as an example, because you brought it up first. No, you do not have to join a club.

You know what, OP? You seem to have some critical thinking and comprehension hurdles. I revise what I said. Forget about dating. Forget about women. Put it all aside. You have more important things to do right now, like getting educated. Kind of why you're in college, right? Focus on that. You'll meet a great lady to go on dates with sooner or later, so stop letting it distract you right now.

Or just walk up to every woman you see and ask if she wants to go on a date. Or join a dating site and just spam every woman on there with "Hey, how r u?" It's a numbers game, right?

Nevermind. Good luck man.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,207,402 times
OP - Lower Your Sights.

If like most men you are attracted to the shiny, you will be chasing a girl everyone else is chasing too.

A quick read through these pages will tell you there is a bunch of less shiny, less glamorous females just standing about waiting for you.

You just aren't seeing them because you're all distracted with the Obvious Hotties.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:08 PM

50,115 posts, read 35,769,056 times
I don't think there is anything wrong for recognizing if this girl's friendship is keeping you hooked, and that ending the friendship is best for you. However the way you put it, "cut her off", push her away, that to me sounds like revenge or punishing her. She has done nothing but be unable to feel attraction to you, and unless you went into this friendship CLEAR that you wanted more from the very beginning, you have no reason to be mad at her.

If you end the friendship do it kindly and do it so you can move on, not to get her attention or punish her or to be passive-aggressive.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,875,991 times
Quote:

So i just join a club and be like hey i join this club just to meet woman
So would you like to go on a date with me ?
Women won't date you because you joined a club to meet women. Women will date guys who join clubs to expand their horizons and develop their interests.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 09-18-2015 at 04:25 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 04:19 PM

3,688 posts, read 4,997,307 times
Quote:

And what, in a nutshell, do you expect to gain from these dates? A girlfriend, or a sex companion? Do you see a difference?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:20 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,207,402 times
Quote:
Look I serious am tired of JUST A FRIENDSHIP I want something more than that and yea I move on really FAST and would talk to multiple woman if thats the case but thats all I seek something more than just a friendship
What does this mean OP?

Does it mean you walk from woman to woman, cutting them dead when they don't fall into your arms?

If so, sounds like your local women are wise to the PUA.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,875,991 times
Quote:
This is one of the reasons you can't get a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships