Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 11:38 PM

16 posts, read 21,858 times

Advertisements

Okay to start off Im a 22 year old college student man
I have a great group of friends pretty much I have enough friends to hang out with on the weekends and since then
The only thing I seek at this point is a romantic woman
I gotten back in the dating scene I have tried to create something like convert a friendship with a woman into something more but I usually give it 2 days or 2 weeks last woman I gave her 2 months and she friendzone me and I was disappointed but we never spoke after that.

Im not mean or anything but im one of those point that get directly to the point after that moment
I don't need friends and don't need no more I have enough and apparently most woman at my college campus have the same excuse

- Have a boyfriend ( well not an excuse but yea well no dating that girl)
- Always busy
- Busy on weekends
- Not interested
- Weekend ( Busy ) Next weekend ( Also busy)

So these people I cut off and just keep asking a whole bunch of woman out but very few I have met that I actually dated I have only dated like 4 woman at my campus but i feel that very little and im surprised to see how very little people are interested in dating.
I actually have a decent body and am a sweetheart and a good well around personality

So any tips you can provide for me?
Look I serious am tired of JUST A FRIENDSHIP I want something more than that and yea I move on really FAST and would talk to multiple woman if thats the case but thats all I seek something more than just a friendship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 12:06 AM

37 posts, read 58,140 times
Not selfish at all. In fact, it's the smartest thing you could do for everybody's sake.

If you want more than friendship, be upfront and honest about that with every woman in whom you have a romantic interest. No, that doesn't mean you have to try to sleep with her right after meeting her, but it does mean you imply your interactions with her are "dates" not "hangouts." I think two weeks is a decent amount of time to see if she shows romantic interest in you. If she doesn't return your feelings, wish her all the best and move on.

Trying to be friends with someone in the hope that they will one day date you is messy and can be depressing and demoralizing. You're on the right track.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:00 AM

231 posts, read 201,814 times
It's not selfish.

When I was younger, I didn't tell girls who friendzoned me my feelings. This was a mistake.

But as I become wiser, doing this is actually the smarter route. It saves everybody time and avoids you getting hurt by wasting your money/affection trying to get a girl who doesn't see you romantically.

Cut that ***** off completely if she friendzones you and move on to the next one.

No wrong done. If you like a girl and she doesn't like you back, there is no point in being friends. It's a waste of time and you will only get hurt.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
It is not selfish. It is extremely smart and important for survival.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 09-18-2015 at 05:54 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 04:59 AM

361 posts, read 333,621 times
If you are being friendzoned, it is your own fault. I have a lot of co-workers and acquaintances, many of them I have no interest in but I still flirt with them, say things to create sexual tension and compliment them on their hair, dresses, etc.

You are definitely doing something wrong, probably being the stereotypical "nice guy". If you don't change yourself, you will always finish last.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Usually when people say they want to be "just friends," they mean they want to stay friendly. No hard feelings. They're not actually hoping to go with you to the new Star Wars movie or dive into bottomless appetizers with you at Friday's. If you have a girl on your hands who wants to text you all day or call you and complain about her life, sure, keep your distance. Nothing wrong with that. But if you're one of those guys who won't say, "Hey, what's up" as you pass in the hall or pleasantly acknowledge her existence if you see her somewhere, then you're probably a douche.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:41 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,111,762 times
You can only create sexual tension with guys at work until they find someone and that special someone starts doing things for them so that there is nothing to be tense about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
If you are being friendzoned, it is your own fault. I have a lot of co-workers and acquaintances, many of them I have no interest in but I still flirt with them, say things to create sexual tension and compliment them on their hair, dresses, etc.

You are definitely doing something wrong, probably being the stereotypical "nice guy". If you don't change yourself, you will always finish last.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:42 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,111,762 times
Whats wrong with being a douch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Usually when people say they want to be "just friends," they mean they want to stay friendly. No hard feelings. They're not actually hoping to go with you to the new Star Wars movie or dive into bottomless appetizers with you at Friday's. If you have a girl on your hands who wants to text you all day or call you and complain about her life, sure, keep your distance. Nothing wrong with that. But if you're one of those guys who won't say, "Hey, what's up" as you pass in the hall or pleasantly acknowledge her existence if you see her somewhere, then you're probably a douche.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:18 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Whats wrong with being a douch?
Nothing, if you like being obnoxious and contemptible. (Also, it's spelled "douche.")

Generally, though, smart people don't want to be called something that is named for anything in, used in or coming out of the crotch/rectal region.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:28 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post

FWIW, you shouldn't be doing these things with co-workers. And if someone were doing this to me, especially a co-worker, you definitely wouldn't be friendzoned, you would be relegated to the "CreeperZone".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships