Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 03:29 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Yes, I did go to college.

No, I didn't get on city data forums back then at all.

Your Assumption! It is often the OLDER ones who look back at their college years and think of those as being their best dating years. Just think back to when you were in college, did you EVER say " gee... these are going to be the best dating years of my life". No? You probably just dated and I didn't think about it like most of us did.

Another one of your assumptions is that college dating life is actually the best, now I personally cannot attest to this because I have a spouse, but MANY posters here will attest that in fact their best time for dating was when they got older and matured. You, might even attest to this yourself!

Anymore assumptions
Opinions.

Oh and perhaps you should wait till OP tells me im wrong, before you go ahead and tell me im wrong.

Also, Linguistics. The title is

"is A college campus a good place"<<<<OP is unfamiliar with campuses!

not

"is MY college campus a good place" or "is a Different Campus a better place"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 03:36 PM

914 posts, read 765,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Opinions.

Oh and perhaps you should wait till OP tells me im wrong, before you go ahead and tell me im wrong.

Also, Linguistics. The title is

"is A college campus a good place"<<<<OP is unfamiliar with campuses!

not

"is MY college campus a good place" or "is a Different Campus a good place"

What's the point of hijacking a thread with your own preconceived bias assumption when the Op just asked a simple question? Chill

The answer for the Op is "Yes". done

Old 09-18-2015, 03:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
You are a college age guy. Most colleges have 50-60% girls making up the student body. I would say this is a no-brainer.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:28 PM

474 posts, read 384,538 times
Quote:
Seriously dude?

If you had a college age daughter would YOU be comfortable with an older dude hanging around campus to check her out?
1. Don't remember the O.P. saying he was older.

2. You're assuming that everyone who goes to college is 18 - 22. There are plenty of people in post secondary or continuing education at bigger campuses.

3. If I had a daughter, I'd be more comfortable with her dating a 32 year old decent guy, than a 22 year old douchebag... not that all 22 year old guys are douchebags, but anyway...

Old 09-18-2015, 04:42 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times
Quote:
Call me crazy but a college student asking if colleges are a good place to find a date seems a little - oh, I dunno - uncollegelike?

Agree. And the unnamed "small" college could mean anything, especially in a large city like LA. Lots of people going to "college" to get their GED. Definitely commendable, but probably not a good fit for students at UCLA.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:44 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Take advantage of your time as an undergrad and lock down a quality woman. The dating pool peaks then. Things get weirder later.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:31 PM

361 posts, read 333,762 times
Quote:
Seriously dude?

If you had a college age daughter would YOU be comfortable with an older dude hanging around campus to check her out?
You don't think college professors go after the young ones? I live in a college town and there are many pony tailed professors in their 50's who go after the freshman girls like hungry wolves.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Seriously dude?

Some college professors date students you know.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Another one of your assumptions is that college dating life is actually the best, now I personally cannot attest to this because I have a spouse, but MANY posters here will attest that in fact their best time for dating was when they got older and matured. You, might even agree with this yourself!

Anymore assumptions?
Hah, NOOOOObody dated at my college. Just wasn't a thing.

Hooking up was common. FWBs were common. Dating/relationships? Not so much. Some people came to college with boyfriend or girlfriend already from HS. Some of those lasted, others did not. But "dating" was not the norm, on my campus, no.

I dated LOADS more as a post-grad adult in my twenties and thirties than I did in college.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
You don't think college professors go after the young ones? I live in a college town and there are many pony tailed professors in their 50's who go after the freshman girls like hungry wolves.
Fireable action at my alma mater.

Been done...scandal, jobs lost.

At any rate, OP is not a professor. Apparently, he is a college student at a different school, and is wondering if expanding search to a neighboring campus is a good plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships