Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 01:45 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
What about the people who say they will never date and have no interest in relationships, ytt come on here daily to offer their opinions on all manner of relationship and dating queries? What kind of credence should we give their advice?
Good point. I personally wouldn't value it tremendously.

As for this situation, this isn't a complicated one. The "friend zone" has been around a while. Pretty much anyone could have handled this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 02:00 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Lame Dude, very Lame. In any lasting relationship, you need to be friends first, and then best friends. A Relationship grows, and doesn't just happen in minutes like on some TV Show. " I would like to take you out sometime" is not a date attempt.

It tickles me to see what expectations of a relationship is today. Guys have lunch with a Gal, and expect a frolic in the Hay the next Night, or they think something is wrong. People need to spend time together to see if they are compatible first, before Romance hits its peak. Be a Gentleman first, without expectations and you won't be disappointed. Spend more time trying to fill her expectations, than looking always at yours. Its not all about you. It should be all about her. If no electricity develops in time, you can move along at your own pace, and remain just friends.

BTW: You feel rejected, but keep in mind that she did not have to go with you to eat, nor did she have to tell you she had a great time. Maybe she is the smartest one here, by "Not" moving too fast, and seeing if the "Flash in the Pan" suitors, die out after the first few sparks.

Last edited by Boris347; 09-19-2015 at 02:11 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 02:23 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Are you kidding me? She sends you this....The next day she sent me a text saying, "I had such a great time last night!!!". What part of that indicates that she's not interested in you???

I wouldnt answer your text either. Theres really nothing to answer. You didnt ask her a question. You're essentially asking her to ask YOU for a date. You shut her down.

Ridiculous. She needs to find someone who actually is interested in dating her and taking some initiative. Someone who says "would you be interested in dinner next Friday?" or "I have tickets to a basketball game next Tues, would you like to go?".

Im so glad Im not dating now. Men have turned into mice.
It would be cool to still be dating. Todays men are no challenge. They go after women with a list of expectations and rules that must be followed. That's not the way it works. You treat a woman like a Precious gift, instead of an "Appliance" you purchased, and had to check the package for contents and what it can do for you. What ever happened to the self assertive Male, who radiates security, understanding, and direction? What a shame....

Old 09-19-2015, 02:26 PM

69 posts, read 76,318 times
I disagree with many of you. His use of the word DATE makes it clear he is interested. The word SOMETIME is irrelevant. If a guy texted me what he said about going on a date sometime I know what his intentions aren't to just be friends. He was clear to me.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:39 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGSD View Post
I disagree with many of you. His use of the word DATE makes it clear he is interested. The word SOMETIME is irrelevant. If a guy texted me what he said about going on a date sometime I know what his intentions aren't to just be friends. He was clear to me.
I agree. I really don't get all the criticism for the OP here. HE told her he wanted to go on a date with her. HE told her to let him know what day works for her. It's not like he said "hey wanna hang out sometime"? The ball is in her court now and she hasn't responded. I would also take that as she's not interested too. People get all caught up in semantics. The fact that he said "sometime" really isn't important.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I agree. I really don't get all the criticism for the OP here. HE told her he wanted to go on a date with her. HE told her to let him know what day works for her. The ball is in her court now and she hasn't responded. I would also take that as she's not interested too. People get all caught up in semantics. The fact that he said "sometime" really isn't important.
I think it would have been better phrased had he said "I want to do x activity with you at y time. Consider it a date." He would come with a specific date idea this way and fully state his intentions.

I also think this would be better expressed on the phone that over text but people born after the early 1980s or so have a phone phobia.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I think it would have been better phrased had he said "I want to do x activity with you at y time. Consider it a date." He would come with a specific date idea this way and fully state his intentions.

I also think this would be better expressed on the phone that over text but people born after the early 1980s or so have a phone phobia.
But what if he sets something up for "y time" only to find out she's working late or going out with friends or has other obligations?

Old 09-19-2015, 02:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Always trust your instincts over what anyone on this forum says. Half the people here haven't even been single since the 1970's, and half the time, their direction will steer you right into a brick wall..
One of the truest, best posts on this forum.

OP, always consider the audience when you post here.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
But what if he sets something up for "y time" only to find out she's working late or has other obligations?
Good question. That can be worked around with the suggestion of like 2-3 different times.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Good question. That can be worked around with the suggestion of like 2-3 different times.
OR...she could just text him "I'm free on such and such days" and then he can take it from there. Is that really asking that much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships