Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 10:08 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And what good is Amsterdam for dating? Lovely museums to be sure, but dating?
Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 10:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam.

So what? What does that have to do with dating?

Plenty of free sex to be had in the U.S. It's pretty incredible people would travel for it.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
So what? What does that have to do with dating?

Plenty of free sex to be had in the U.S.
Not really between dates dinners your paying for it one way or another.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Not really between dates dinners your paying for it one way or another.
Dates aren't paying for sex. The two situations aren't anything alike, since paying generally goes back and forth, and the purpose of dates isn't for sex.

And you don't have to date to get sex either.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:39 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Dates aren't paying for sex. The two situations aren't anything alike, since paying generally goes back and forth, and the purpose of dates isn't for sex.

And you don't have to date to get sex either.
Quit being rational, please.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
and the purpose of dates isn't for sex.
haha good one. Many people are not as blessed socially as you seem to be. Just because you get lucky doesn't mean it works for the majority of men. As I stated earlier if your not super attractive the odds are stacked heavily against you.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
haha good one. Many people are not as blessed socially as you seem to be. Just because you get lucky doesn't mean it works for the majority of men. As I stated earlier if your not super attractive the odds are stacked heavily against you.

I'm not blessed socially. Far from it. A number of my friends consider me rather socially awkward. I'm definitely not good looking: bald, glasses, poor posture, no jawline at all, and I don't earn very much in a very high COL city... I honestly can't think of a single person that I know that does get "lucky" relatively frequently if they want to. Every dude certainly is, even the short and obese ones.

Still, I and everyone I know dates because they want to get to know the person they're on the date with. If they just wanted sex they'd go the FB or FWB route. It's easier to find that a good date!

Old 09-21-2015, 12:52 PM

474 posts, read 384,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Quit being rational, please.
Timbercart is a massive stud, and gets trim by the, umm... cart load. Don't you know? He struggles so little with women, that the rest of American men have it easy too by proxy. Just get the memo notarized and you're good to go.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:01 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
I agree with Timerbline that the purpose of dating isn't supposed to be sex. If that's your one and only goal, then yeah, go to a prostitute and don't bother with dating. Save everyone a lot of heartache and trouble. By using dating to have sex you are muddying the waters for those who are looking for something that is more than just sex.

Dating is for forming a relationship and bond with someone... you become a companion, lover, friend, confidant, etc, etc... is sex part of it? Yes (usually... hopefully, lol). But dating is about so much more. The goal and purpose of dating is to form a relationship of which, sex, is only a part of the deal.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
Timbercart is a massive stud, and gets trim by the, umm... cart load. Don't you know? He struggles so little with women, that the rest of American men have it easy too by proxy. Just get the memo notarized and you're good to go.

Yet I've never said any such thing. Nor implied any such thing. I'm an all too average joe shmo that has the normal struggles of any dude with average looks, average at best job, zero fashion sense, and am overwhelmingly average or below in most aspects of life.

I just don't whine away at how hard things are, because in reality, it has never been simpler to meet people and get dates thanks to things like OLD.

But keep up your bitterness and fairy tale writing! That is sure to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I agree with Timerbline that the purpose of dating isn't supposed to be sex. If that's your one and only goal, then yeah, go to a prostitute and don't bother with dating. Save everyone a lot of heartache and trouble. By using dating to have sex you are muddying the waters for those who are looking for something that is more than just sex.

Dating is for forming a relationship and bond with someone... you become a companion, lover, friend, confidant, etc, etc... is sex part of it? Yes (usually... hopefully, lol). But dating is about so much more. The goal and purpose of dating is to form a relationship of which, sex, is only a part of the deal.

Exactly. It is about finding connections, and laughing, and getting to know someone... its all about having fun. Hopefully sex happens if that is there, but if you're goal is to get laid: you're doing it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships