Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 02:03 PM

599 posts, read 693,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
You just met a week ago, why on earth are you concerned about what her parents would think? You sound more like the ga-ga teenaged girl here.

This whole thing sounds perverted. I hope OP checks her ID and make sure she is 19. Plus she is vulnerable because she had an unstable childhood, so really you would be taking advantage of this without knowing.
And if you do have sex with her and break up with her , she probably would be devastated since she may have some daddy issues. OP, you can go ahead and "hit that", just be careful.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:03 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
You buy a sports car to attract younger women. Getting a 19 year old at 38 is impressive.
Impressive to who?

Old 09-19-2015, 02:05 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
... Or prudes.
...or...or...or...so American.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:07 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Impressive to who?

Exactly, I saw that and I actually physically rolled my eyes.... LOL....

Old 09-19-2015, 02:10 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
You buy a sports car to attract younger women. Getting a 19 year old at 38 is impressive.
It's interesting that you phrase it "getting" a woman, as if she's an object like a car or a status symbol.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:13 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's interesting that you phrase it "getting" a woman, as if she's an object like a car or a status symbol.
Sure, you didn't know that women are commodities????

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-19-2015 at 02:21 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 02:17 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Ive mentioned my niece around these parts before.

She has always, always, dated much older.

The girl has daddy issues but that's another story.

Her life has always been filled with these old creepsters who she encourages and sometimes dates.

She's 25 now and on.off engaged to a 53 year old. My first knowledge of this behavior was when she was 12 and sleeping with a 28 year old - a whole other story also.

The reason its on/off is because SHES DAMAGED in a very deep way. These guys, despite their studly self images, always end up taking care of her. Financially, emotionally, physically, every way you can imagine.

It always ends up this way - she's the skittish crazy one, he's the one trying to help her. The Dad, if you like.

Whenever I meet these old guys they look Embarrassed because they are my age and they know it. They know they look like silly old fools to most grownups, and they squirm. Ive even seen them take their arms off her shoulder when I appear, just because they realize how ridiculous they look.

She gets what she wants, he gets what he never even expected. It seems to work well, often - but never lasts for long. Because its not healthy.

I have zero doubt though, she will end up with a very old, very wealthy guy, married and outliving him.

BTW she is a very very sweet clever and funny girl, so its not all about sex for them either.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:24 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
I don't know if anyone has seen/read Diary of a Teenage Girl or An Education. They portray real relationships between young women and older men. Maybe it's because both are memoirs of the woman's perspective, but while neither woman regrets the relationship or feels as though she was taken advantage of, they both reflect on how "off" the men had to be to want to pursue something with a teenager. Not necessarily predatory or creepy, but sad.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Anecdotally, the only men I've personally known who routinely pursued things with much younger women (I'm talking, actively sought out younger women to the exclusion of same-cohort peers, not "once dated a younger woman") had significant interpersonal issues, themselves.

Fact is, the vast majority of people seek out partners with whom they have the most in common.

Someone in his or her 40s or thereabouts who TRULY has significant enough things in common with teenagers/very young adults with minimal grown-up life experience to sustain a relationship probably has some questionable things going on in his or her own emotional development, to say the least.

I know, I know...they're all "so mature" for their age, and "really get you." Until they aren't, and don't.

And this goes for women as well as men. One of my childhood friends is engaged to a 20-year old. She's almost 39. I do think they have a lot in common...because, truthfully, she hasn't expanded her world much since she was in her twenties. I also think that, realistically, he's not going to stay interested in a woman almost twenty years his senior for forever.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
The guys my niece gets are the archetypal "nice guys".

Usually professional, usually divorced, possibly seeking something to look after, always in a midlife crisis.

They are NEVER handsome.

Its like a midlife thing for most of them. Young beautiful girl and Me, after a few years of dying marriage with a dissatisfied same age wife.

My niece is good at the Damsel in Distress thing so they also get to feel like heroes. Quite the change after years of being made to feel Not Heroic.

You can see how they get drawn in, the nice guys. Its easy to convince yourself 30 years is nothing if its True Love, trouble is they are the only ones who are in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships