Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 09:03 PM

519 posts, read 773,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
Quote:
a selfie taken by an 18-year-old model in bed with NHL legend Jaromir Jagr (43) was used in an attempt to blackmail the Florida Panthers winger. It ended up being perhaps the least effective extortion plot since “Burn After Reading,” as Jagr literally told the blackmailer “I don’t care” and to publish the photos in the media.
---------
I just looked this guy up --didn't know who he was...he's 43 years old???? Wow! I'll bet there are a lot of young beautiful women attracted to him. I really didn't want to see any bedroom pics though. Now if he were by himself....hmmmm.....maybe. LOL

and LOLOLOL! So glad he turned the tables on her! So she was just after his money. There you go. Happens. (And I know....it doesn't really have to do with age gaps some of the time either.)
That's hilarious! The guy got the sweet end of the deal on this one.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:21 PM

1,273 posts, read 987,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Sydney is young and absolutely gorgeous. And personally, I think she's a very smart woman in using her youth to her advantage . She's no ditzy golddigger (as I first thought myself, lol) She's educated, witty, kind-hearted, with great sense of humor, and just smok'n hot. Shes the type of woman most men would give a left nut for. So, it comes to no surprise the h8t she's receiving.
Wtf? When did I say I hate her?
Now you've hurt my feelings

Plus she said she isn't taking advantage of anyone, so you're kinda a jerk for saying she is.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:56 PM

818 posts, read 913,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post

If you were her father, would you automatically hate me without knowing anything about my background? I am off base, please call me out
No , I wouldn't hate you but if you touched my 19 yr old daughter. I would ........ fill in the blank with your worst nightmare

Preying on naive 19 yr olds is just creepy . Have some self control.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:37 AM

272 posts, read 184,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Given that even a cursory look over your previous posts reveals a lot of critique of "Americans" and their silly American ways of doing things and looking at things, and the many ways that the UK, etc. are superior, I'm not so certain that you have a lot of room on the moral high ground front to be admonishing others for biases.

People can absolutely do whatever they want (bearing in mind potential consequences). I actually agree with you that people of age to make their own decisions can make whatever decisions they like, based on whatever criteria they choose (yes, even strongly biased criteria).

And if they post things on public forums in anticipation of feedback, that's what they'll get. Sometimes, they get feedback they feel good about, sometimes not.
And you're just the person to be giving them that onerous feedback.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:42 AM

272 posts, read 184,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am 26 and the "sugar baby" comment was a bit off putting. Nowhere in either his posts or mine were finances alluded to. That was just your passive aggressive way of taking a cheap shot.
As for getting emotionally invested... Sometimes the best laid plans...
You pay for your ticket and take your chances. No guarantees, and if it bites either one in the butt it's on us.
Younger and older relationships aren't much different than any other. Relationships are a crap shoot at best.
I only mentioned my trust fund to set the record straight so I am not sure what your question " trust fund? How old are you? Has to do with anything unless you have some kind of angst about people who have trust funds too.
Relationships are a crap shoot for sure.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:10 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,410,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
No , I wouldn't hate you but if you touched my 19 yr old daughter. I would ........ fill in the blank with your worst nightmare
Yeah because you have any say in what consenting adults do in their private time. Do what you will - enjoy the jail cell if you go too far. There is nothing inherently wrong with age differences in relationships between consenting adults - even the one the OP describes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Preying on naive 19 yr olds is just creepy . Have some self control.
He is doing quite the opposite as I read him. So let us not make things up about him just because you can not fault what he is ACTUALLY doing.

Quite the opposite of preying on 19 year olds - he has clearly acknowledged that this is an age group he would never normally go for - and he has come here now having met a girl that age he _does_ like - to express and explore his reservations. And self control is exactly what he is displaying in doing so.

All of that is the exact OPPOSITE of "preying on 19 year olds" so the OP in the real world I occupy would appear starkly different from the one resident in the fantasy world in your head.

Here is a little one liner worth considering to help you see the difference. "If someone is into you BECAUSE of your age that is creepy and weird, if someone is into you DESPITE Your age that is entirely ok".

It sounds from his posts like the OP is the latter not the former. So perhaps take your issues up with the posters on the thread who have been telling him to go for that "hot teen booty". THEY are the ones that fit the first part of my one liner above.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:39 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,691,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Yeah because you have any say in what consenting adults do in their private time. Do what you will - enjoy the jail cell if you go too far. There is nothing inherently wrong with age differences in relationships between consenting adults - even the one the OP describes.

He is doing quite the opposite as I read him. So let us not make things up about him just because you can not fault what he is ACTUALLY doing.

Quite the opposite of preying on 19 year olds - he has clearly acknowledged that this is an age group he would never normally go for - and he has come here now having met a girl that age he _does_ like - to express and explore his reservations. And self control is exactly what he is displaying in doing so.

All of that is the exact OPPOSITE of "preying on 19 year olds" so the OP in the real world I occupy would appear starkly different from the one resident in the fantasy world in your head.

Here is a little one liner worth considering to help you see the difference. "If someone is into you BECAUSE of your age that is creepy and weird, if someone is into you DESPITE Your age that is entirely ok".

It sounds from his posts like the OP is the latter not the former. So perhaps take your issues up with the posters on the thread who have been telling him to go for that "hot teen booty". THEY are the ones that fit the first part of my one liner above.
Threats of violence aside (which ANY father who loved his daughter may think... seems to be a common theme), a father of a 19-year-old college kid would have a lot of say. Most likely it would be, "stop seeing him or I cut you off." Most college kids are very much dependent on their parents, despite being legal adults. Also, as I mentioned, parents could very well contact the Dean of students and, because of the risk of the college losing money and reputation, the school could very well fire the OP for fraternization with students or, if he does business with the school, he could lose the business he gets from the school. All over some 19-year-old kid. Is a little bit of sex with an inexperience kid really worth the trouble or is he better off finding an adult who is independent in the world, on her own, and not still a dependent? There is a reason he and most adult men would never go for that age... it's called common sense and not being ruled by your hormones at the risk of all else.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:21 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,410,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Threats of violence aside (which ANY father who loved his daughter may think... seems to be a common theme), a father of a 19-year-old college kid would have a lot of say.
Perhaps in Ireland where I am from the phrase "you have nothing to say" means something different than where you live. There are a lot of linguistic differences between us. Where I come from it means he has no actual relevant input - or none that anyone has to take heed of or pander to. It does not mean he can not say things - clearly he can.

So yes he can say what he wants but my point is that at the end of the day the decision is down to the consenting adults - and the speaker has no actual power over the final decision of two consenting adults - other than the bully tactics you describe which they can use to try to at least influence that decision. We lose a lot of power over our children when they reach the age of adult consent - and clearly this annoys enough people on a thread like this that they want to turn to fists and guns to somehow re-establish their relevance and power - to which they have no actual right to. All I can say to such people is - I hope they like jail cells.

Quote:
Is a little bit of sex with an inexperience kid really worth the trouble
Of course not - and I never suggested otherwise. But if the relationship means more to the people involved than merely "a bit of sex" then you will find that to many people it very much IS worth it. And often in the throws of genuine love - threats of being cut off from your parents or employment be damned.

Which is why in my post above I made the point that the OP has clearly distinguished his interest in this girl from being merely sexual and has admitted he generally has no interest in this age group of girl for sex or relationships. But for whatever reason this one girl is different. And this suggests there may be much more at play here than merely getting a "a bit of sex".

Of course if it turns out the OP is only after "a bit of sex" then you will get no argument from me and my only advice to the OP would be "Cop on - Move on".

Quote:
There is a reason he and most adult men would never go for that age... it's called common sense and not being ruled by your hormones at the risk of all else.
There are more reasons than that. I would say the majority never go for such age gaps not because of "common sense" - something I do not believe exists anyway - but merely because they find little of interest or in common with people of significantly different ages.

But then some people of significant age differences sometimes do come together and find they genuinely do share interests and a rapore. Which is why I tout that little one liner above "If you are into someone because of their age, that's creepy, if your interest exists regardless of their age however, that is ok".

There is _nothing_ inherently wrong with age difference relationships. It is entirely contextual and case by case dependant. And the OP is on the right path in choosing not to rush into anything - but think it out and think it through and see if his is one of the cases where is it ok.

Some people have admonished him for even thinking about it. I say the opposite. The fact he IS stopping to think it out deeply is the _good_ thing.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:48 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,191,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Wtf? When did I say I hate her?
Now you've hurt my feelings

Plus she said she isn't taking advantage of anyone, so you're kinda a jerk for saying she is.
Seriously? That's what you gleaned from hc's post?

Old 09-22-2015, 07:40 AM

1,273 posts, read 987,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Seriously? That's what you gleaned from hc's post?
No, it's the only thing I disagreed with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.