Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 11:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

OP that sounds annoying. I get it though. The few times I got off the bus at the time the high school let out, there was always a sketchy old guy (old in this case would mean 30-45 or so) who would ask if I was in high school I'd say yes for laughs. Then they'd ask me for my number. Then I got really grossed out. Because these men looked my age. What do they want with high schoolers.

Tell them you are 30, that should scare them off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 05:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your choices at the moment, OP, are:
1) Report the annoyance to the principal, and explain the girls are leaving school grounds and following you.
2) Choose a different bus stop
3) Vary your schedule
4) Let out a flagrant fart as you walk by, or pick your nose and examine your boogers. Solved.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:23 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
OP that sounds annoying. I get it though. The few times I got off the bus at the time the high school let out, there was always a sketchy old guy (old in this case would mean 30-45 or so) who would ask if I was in high school I'd say yes for laughs. Then they'd ask me for my number. Then I got really grossed out. Because these men looked my age. What do they want with high schoolers.

Tell them you are 30, that should scare them off!
Yes, starting around age 12 older men would approach me. In my naïveté, I didn't always recognize it. I didn't hit puberty until much later, so they were probably pedophiles who thought I was even younger.

Sketchy older guy said -"I have an apartment. It has a fireplace.you should come over and see it."... My response."My parents have a house and a fireplace too." I was just thinking, this guy is weird.

OP- you are the adult. Change the situation you are in and don't be a passive weirdo. Do something to get out of the situation. Enough with the excuses.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:10 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So let's get this straight. You walk by a middle school in the morning, presumably after school starts (because MS kids typically arrive on campus within 5 minutes of first period and go straight to class) and all the young girls just suddenly materialize in your path? Clamoring for your number?

This is a really icky new poster. I feel like I need a shower.
Sounds kind of hard to believe, doesn't it?

Old 09-21-2015, 08:16 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Somehow I don't think the OP really sees this as a "problem".

Old 09-21-2015, 02:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Sounds kind of hard to believe, doesn't it?
It's really not.

In some cities, school students ride the city bus and wait for that bus in large groups.

They can be very obnoxious, and if you haven't been around middle school students in a while, you might be surprised at just HOW obnoxious and HOW aggressive they can be.

I see that the OP is "not a member" now, and yes he had a stupid username and responded immaturely to some of the insults posted here, but I think his issue is legit.

A group of girls this age, emboldened by their numbers and unsupervised by any adults, can be as relentless as any catcallers on the street, and I was pleasantly surprised that the OP recognized the potential problems with the situation. Oh well, easier to ridicule and let him think he's less of a man, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships