Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:49 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times

Advertisements

I used to think horoscopes were silly until I noticed similar things happening for people with birthdays all around the same time. For example, I have now fallen for or at least had a crush on a string of 5 Libras all with the same kind of personality and same kind of jobs (managers, aggressive, somewhat anal, etc.) their birthdays all within 10 days apart! So every time I meet someone with a birthday in that time frame, I know exactly what will happen. I will fall for them and they may like me at first because of my looks but they won't end up being too into me. This has just been my experience with Libras.

Another example. Two people who are Aries have fallen for me and I just could not feel the same way about them no matter how hard I tried. I have matched best with Geminis and Leos as I am a Leo.

I probably sound crazy and I'm not saying this is going to be true all the time (I'd be surprised if a Libra ever falls for me) but I can't help but look at my past and notice some patterns. I might start out just looking for people who are Geminis and Leos and avoid Libras to save me some time! I haven't had much experience with the other signs strangely enough. If you look back at your partners and their birthdays, do you notice a pattern?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 11:51 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
If you look back at your partners and their birthdays, do you notice a pattern?
I am an Aries, and my long-term relationships have always been with fellow fire signs.

2 Sagittarians and one Leo.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:59 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Yes. It exists.

Now, whether it works, or means anything in the realm of reality is a different matter.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:00 PM

94 posts, read 104,890 times
I think there's a little somethIng to it. It isn't everything, but I do find myself more attracted to those who supposedly fit better with my sign.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:05 PM

507 posts, read 442,693 times
No. Temporary star and planetary alignment has absolutely nothing to do with the human psyche. Given the speed of light, and given how far away most stars are, when you look at the night sky, you're not looking at it as it really is, anyway. You're looking at it as it was however many years ago, sometimes millions of years ago, so time alone makes the notion of zodiacal influence kind of silly, to my thinking.

Zodiac signs are labels. People use them the same way they read labels at the grocery store: They think they know what's in the box by what the label says. But human beings, each unique with their own experiences and backgrounds, are not pasta mixes and don't work that way.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
I seem to do a great job picking out ones that are not natural allies on the zodiac. I m a gemini and I seem to really love fellow geminis. It never seems to work because we are too similar. Don't attach easily.

And when I am not picking a gemini it is some sort of water sign. Another bad fit, as they are more clingy! And geminis are anti-clingy.

I always get along well with my mates on the zodiac, but there never seems to be any chemistry. So I guess I need to start comparing full charts or something.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:55 PM

195 posts, read 139,252 times
I don't believe in the whole horoscope thing but it's really crazy how accurate the signs are to personality types. Everyone I've known who's been a certain sign fit their personality exactly.

That's just the sign/birth month, though. Horoscopes for future events, days, years is all a load of bs to me. But personalities are spot on. In relationships/compatibility as well. Crazy.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:00 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,571 times
Full charts are better because astrology says signs of the same element are more compatible and that couldn't be further from the truth for me. I don't even attract signs within my same element but signs that I do attract have all been attached to my 7th house in some shape or form.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:22 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I do think that some of the stuff as it applies to personalities (most horoscopes are just baloney) seems accurate, but I tend to judge by people I have known, especially repeat experiences with the same sign, and then sometimes I read the descriptions and my experience has differed from that, but I don't change my opinion...I expect what I've seen, to be the norm.

I've said all of this in other threads before but I like this stuff so whatever.

Capricorn: (I am a Cap.)
We act like we know everything, but we're not afraid to confess what we don't know. In fact declaring that we do not know something makes us more secure than stating an opinion that we think might just be wrong. We don't like to be wrong. We are usually leaders, administrators, and analytical. I once read that if you're in a relationship with a Cap, they'll probably try to take over your life...and you should let them, if you can, because they won't lead you astray. We don't like risk, but can be nudged into it. Look before you leap. Like a goat. Can be very loyal and faithful, once we accept the reason behind a rule we follow it religiously and preach it to everyone. Can be arrogant/egotistical.

Libra: (My ex is a Libra, among others)
Nope, nope, nope, nope. Libras love me. They need my attention. All of it. In fact if they could just get everyone's attention and praise, that'd be super. The whole dang world revolves around them and they don't manage their emotions well. They try to attach to me all the time and I don't want another thing with a Libra ever again.
(This runs contrary to what the descriptions say, maybe I bring out bad things in Libras.)

Scorpio:
Love 'em, we have great conversations and relate well. Terrifying if angered. Can only seem to handle a very close relationship with one person at a time (a focus.) Very sexually driven, possibly prone to addictions.

Virgo:
I love them. Adore them. They nudge me into mischief that my law abiding self wouldn't normally contemplate. They are so fun. But they always flake out on me, and are hard to pin down for plans. Most that I've known don't really adult very well. They do have an innate desire to take care of other people, though. If they are responsible at all, it can take a caretaker relationship to bring it out of 'em. I often have romantic crushes and attachments to Virgos but they won't let me hang onto 'em. Eventually they wander off, seeking a partner who is a bit softer than I, one who doesn't seem so stong. Multiple Virgos have referred to me as "a rock." They do like my steady energy and resolve.

Cancer: Love Cancer, too. They make my ego so happy. Cancers always think I am super cool. They are my biggest fans. But if I'm friends with one, the pattern has been that a romantic interest comes into their lives, their friendship with me goes *poof* because their total focus is now on the SO. Happens with male and female Cancer friends both. *shrug* Very love oriented people.

Aries: We connect well on grounds of humor and intellect. They seem to have trouble with accountability and responsibility sometimes, and with control over extreme emotions.

Gemini: The first and only one I've been involved with sometimes seems like he actually does have disassociative identity disorder. He's very odd to me. Severely introverted, and very (as another poster mentioned) anti-attachment. I've wondered if he still actually likes me or wants me in his life at all, because he can go weeks with little contact and then suddenly he really wants to see me, out of nowhere like. He gets really absorbed into projects. He does not want me to look to him to fill my needs. He'd actually rather that I saw other people in between visits so that I don't bug him. I have no idea whatsoever if any of this is typical of Gemini's or if he's just weird like that. But I put up with it. Because, reasons.

Aquarius: I've had a number of these pop in and out of my life lately. They seem to be a bit on the free spirited side, but not completely irresponsible necessarily. I don't know, still getting a bead on 'em. One of them isn't like the others. He's more stable, they are more flighty. Seems they get hurt or take offense pretty easily.

I don't have enough experience with the other signs to have an opinion.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I do think that some of the stuff as it applies to personalities (most horoscopes are just baloney) seems accurate, but I tend to judge by people I have known, especially repeat experiences with the same sign, and then sometimes I read the descriptions and my experience has differed from that, but I don't change my opinion...I expect what I've seen, to be the norm.

Gemini: The first and only one I've been involved with sometimes seems like he actually does have disassociative identity disorder. He's very odd to me. Severely introverted, and very (as another poster mentioned) anti-attachment. I've wondered if he still actually likes me or wants me in his life at all, because he can go weeks with little contact and then suddenly he really wants to see me, out of nowhere like. He gets really absorbed into projects. He does not want me to look to him to fill my needs. He'd actually rather that I saw other people in between visits so that I don't bug him. I have no idea whatsoever if any of this is typical of Gemini's or if he's just weird like that. But I put up with it. Because, reasons.
I am a gemini and we are supposed to have 2 personalities. We are supposed be fickle as well. I don't think I am two different people, but I go in waves of being super social (4-5 nights a week) to wanting to decompress and doing little socializing for a period as well.

I also generally *like* most people, and while there are many people who may consider me a close friend, I wouldn't put them on my close friends list. I find people attach to me fairly easily, and for me it can be a turnoff if they become too clingy. What this also means is I have enough circles of friends to stay busy all the time, and I can't fit everyone in to a two week cycle, so it may take me months to reconnect with someone.

I do have close friends, people I would tell a lot and know my innermost thoughts, or at least the ones I am willing to share. And the ones that work the best for me are the ones that do not need constant attention. I have close friends where we can not talk for weeks or months and easily pick up where we left off, and it works for both of us.

I like to have my space, and my partners need to have their own stuff going on and can't rely on me to be their everything, their whole social circle and the like. I have a lot going on, and it is important to me, and it doesn't always leave me with lots of time for certain relationships. When I do get attached, you get promoted to the list of people I regularly contact and schedule stuff with. But my regularly contact might not be enough for some people.

For me, I happen to be fairly active on social media, so it is a good way to stay connected during the "breaks." Not sure about your gemini here, but I am pretty open to communicating more often in the formats I like the best. That can differ depending on the person. For example, I have a good friend I text often. She is one of the only people I text regularly, but she doesn't freak out if it takes me hours or a day to respond. This works well with my sister too. I need to be in the mood to connect with you! Even if I like you a lot. But it looks like your gemini is not in a place to give you everything you want. If that is not OK with you, then you need to end it. I've definitely ended it with people for that reason. They just needed more from me than I could give.

**The last gemini I dated was like your gemini. He was very hot and cold. His hot was smothering. And on the flip side he wanted more than I could give him. So it was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships