Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:42 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
In coffee shops and restaurants I have women sit next to me or at an adjacent table and if she acts as though she can be spoken to I say Hi or make a casual comment about the place or the weather ,relevant issues .
If she doesn't respond positively I mind my own business, never push into some ones space.
Women have their own issues going on, and it's hard to tell some times, if they are there to meet people or just sit and sort out some problem, sipping coffee.
There is a 20% chance you'll be labeled a stalker or weirdo trying to talk to some women, that if they are going to be that way don't belong in public , being that paranoid .
Lastly , guys that know they are attractive to women can actually be the ones to be concerned about, not the average looking guy, that does physical work for a living.
He's probably not a liberal, and expects actual honesty in a relationship.
But that's just my opinion.
/\ What arleigh said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:50 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
In coffee shops and restaurants I have women sit next to me or at an adjacent table and if she acts as though she can be spoken to I say Hi or make a casual comment about the place or the weather ,relevant issues .
If she doesn't respond positively I mind my own business, never push into some ones space.
Women have their own issues going on, and it's hard to tell some times, if they are there to meet people or just sit and sort out some problem, sipping coffee.
There is a 20% chance you'll be labeled a stalker or weirdo trying to talk to some women, that if they are going to be that way don't belong in public , being that paranoid .
Lastly , guys that know they are attractive to women can actually be the ones to be concerned about, not the average looking guy, that does physical work for a living.
He's probably not a liberal, and expects actual honesty in a relationship.
But that's just my opinion.
What does politics (liberal) have to do with your point?

Old 09-24-2015, 12:04 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
What does politics (liberal) have to do with your point?
Or that attractive men don't do physical work? They're called "veiled statements". You just have to ignore them.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
There is nothing you can do. Guys don't like direct approaches no matter how much they say they do
In my opinion there's nothing better for self confidence than being approached by a lady especially out of the blue

Old 09-24-2015, 12:38 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Or that attractive men don't do physical work? They're called "veiled statements". You just have to ignore them.
I know but I thought I would ask anyway. That poster made a decent point until going off the rails towards the end.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
What nonsense ! How is going for what you want messing up your self-esteem ?

A woman should feel valued because of how she feels about herself ! Not the image or vision of herself reflected by the media and/or other people - especially men. Christ, I don't get crushed (and neither should any woman) if I am rejected because I know my worth. If other people don't recognize it that is their loss/problem.
The self-esteem busting comes from labeling women who approach as subpar.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
To the kind person that left me a rep ( no name )........ Good point

Old 09-24-2015, 01:47 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The self-esteem busting comes from labeling women who approach as subpar.
Yes, some men seem to think that if you are even a remotely attractive woman, all you have to do is step outside and your perfect mate will appear. If for some reason that doesn't happen or you find yourself even thinking about making the first move with a man, then you must be Quasimodo.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:57 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLipstickWoman View Post
What is a simple, straightforward, way that a female can ask a male if he's single/if he wants to date without looking like a "loose" or "easy" woman (or a creeper)?
The last think I would ever do is just walk up to some hot stranger. Most hot men I've ever met are jerks. I prefer a guy who is nice on the inside; I don't put much stock in looking for looks alone.

You should strike up a conversation with a man while in a restaurant sitting at the bar or something. Or in church. Or at the mechanics. And then you wait and see if there's a spark.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:00 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
It's interesting how different people can have completely different opinions on the same subject.

The times I've been approached/hit on by women, I am actually quite impressed. Instead of thinking badly of the women, I find their initiative very refreshing, and see them as quite confident (whether or not I find them attractive). I.e., it definitely takes guts to initiate a conversation with a guy you don't know - especially considering that women don't typically do this.

Again, I don't see the problem here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships