Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 12:22 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Never done it.

BUT, I've always treated men that ask me out very nicely, even if it was a "no." There are pros and cons to everything between the genders and I play my girl card for this one.

(I'm not saying there is anything wrong with women asking men out, I think in other countries it is more common)

Now I'm picturing a chick walking up to a guy "Yo, dude. You got it going ON. Why don't you bring that sweet package over to my place for some shots?"
WTF???

Were you spying on me a couple of months ago or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 12:35 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
A chit chat with a nice naturally induced smile does it for me.

I won't be creeped out.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've always been dense when women were hitting on me. I've had mrs. chow tell me that a woman was being flirty or whatever with me and I didn't see it.

I think you should make it about as obvious as you can just to be on the safe side, cause there are a few dense guys like me running around out there...
I am one of the densest women around. Same thing happens to me too. Lol!

Old 09-26-2015, 03:29 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
There is nothing you can do. Guys don't like direct approaches no matter how much they say they do

Not true. I've been approached and it's great. If I wasn't married I would of gone out on those dates.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLipstickWoman View Post

Actual examples of what to say are especially helpful.
Well, whatever you do, don't do it in stores while he is shopping because he's going to think you're trying to sell him something and he'll just say, "...just looking..."

[]

Old 09-26-2015, 03:42 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
There is nothing you can do. Guys don't like direct approaches no matter how much they say they do
Guys? Your talking about little boys, very little.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:48 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I never really understood the whole deal with hints and putting out the vibe, that so many of my fellow ladies engage in. Being a very result-oriented kind of broad, I like the get-in-there-and-get-it-done approach. You want to sit around weekend after weekend, because no one asked you out? Whatevs, I'm gonna go trap me a man. Of course, having a slightly enlarged ego and no regard for social graces kind of helps.
This is exactly the kind of attitude women in corporate America need.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:54 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
This is exactly the kind of attitude women in corporate America need.
the women in corporate America already have that kind of attitude .

Back to the OP , direct and confident approach is hot. Go for it. Good luck

Old 10-02-2015, 03:03 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I respectfully & strongly disagree with this. This kind of attitude is exactly why women don't ask guys out more.

What is wrong with a woman asking a guy out? If she likes him, feels he likes her, and doesn't think he's going to make the first move for whatever reason - I don't see the problem.

It's 2015, ladies - not 1950. If you like a guy & think he's into you, approach him. The worst thing that will happen is that he'll turn you down. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I will also say that when women have made it clear that they're into me - and if I'm not into them - then I won't actually turn them down, but just won't pick up on their signals (intentionally). I've never had a woman get angry or upset (or at least this hasn't been obvious) with me for not being interested in her. And, I also have a lot of respect & admiration for women who bother to come after me - even if I'm not into them. To me it shows that they're willing to put themselves out there & go after what they want.

Note that one of the reasons I may not be into a woman who approaches me has nothing to do with whether or not I'm attracted to her - I usually am. However, as I've mentioned on this board before, these days I'm only into one-nighters or casual, short term "flings". And, if I know a woman & can tell she's into looking for more (she usually is), I don't pursue this (in a nice way), since we're not on the same page re: what we're looking for. In some cases, I have been direct & told a woman what I'm looking for, and once in a while (not often enough for me, however) she is cool with this & we "go to the next step"; typically, however, she tells me she's not into this. Note that women do appreciate honesty! However, I'm careful about being too direct. It really all depends on the circumstances.

The only time I've been turned off by a woman possibly approaching me was in a grocery store years ago - there was a young woman there who seemed a little "off", and I overheard her getting after an employee who was apparently "ignoring" her. She kept trying to get my attention by running into me with her shopping car, and at one point even said, "I'm determined to run into you!". Really strange. Subsequent to that, I ended up briefly dating a woman who ended up stalking me. Not fun. So, even guys do have to be careful out there.

That being said, most of my experiences with women approaching me have been fine - and, even if I'm not into the woman, I have found these experiences extremely flattering.
Personally, I don't care. I think it's cool for a woman to ask a man out. I'm just saying the perception is that she is needy. Women can almost pick and choose men at will. They have men fawning over them. So when a girls asks a guy out, something has to be wrong. That's just the perception. I don't make the rules.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:12 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Personally, I don't care. I think it's cool for a woman to ask a man out. I'm just saying the perception is that she is needy. Women can almost pick and choose men at will. They have men fawning over them. So when a girls asks a guy out, something has to be wrong. That's just the perception. I don't make the rules.
There are no "rules" here. I disagree completely with this. I don't perceive women that hit on me/initiate a conversation with me as needy or flawed, nor do think others perceive them that way. I have had some extremely attractive women do this. I'm 100% sure they have other options - they may just like the way I look, etc. & want to make it clear that they're into me. Nothing wrong or desperate about this.

Going along with this, in this day & age I think women know that some guys may not be comfortable coming onto them due to not just rejection, but also the woman possibly feeling uncomfortable, etc. So, if a woman is into a guy & makes the first move, she puts him at ease since he knows for sure that she wants to talk to him, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships