Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 05:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times

Advertisements

Haha! Getting a guy to marry you so he can have sex with you would be a disaster in the making. Who would want to marry a guy whose primary motivation is to have sex with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 05:17 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Finding a Husband « Power to Change

So is this really an issue? And would men even accept that a woman wants to wait until marriage? I see the point about buying the cow.
MAYBE a Strict evangelical or a Mormon/Muslim, that's about it. I know no one under the age of 60 who waited until marriage myself.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:18 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,125 times
Quote:
Is having premarital sex the reason some women are unable to find husbands? Really?

Retain sexual power

It’s an old cliché but no less true today than when it was coined: men don’t buy a cow when they’re getting the milk for free. If you’re having sex outside of marriage, you’re diminishing your sexual power and your ability to find a good match. Instead of enhancing your relationship, sex will dictate it, setting the agenda and biasing all of your decisions.

Unmet sexual longing is a powerful motivator for men and women alike. Many of our parents, and especially grandparents, had short courtships thanks to this natural force. Men who are getting their sexual needs met casually have fewer reasons to sign up for all the responsibilities of marriage.

Sex should flow from a godly relationship. It was designed to sweeten a life of commitment. When couples partake of it prematurely, it tends to sicken, much like eating dessert before you’ve had dinner. Many Christians who’ve had premarital sex eventually marry; but this does little to alleviate their consciences and often results in disaster.

I find it hard to believe this antiquated belief is part of the issue. Now the better question, would any man in this day and age accept that I decided to stop having premarital sex and wait until marriage?
That seems more like some elaborate scene to get a man to marry you for what, sex? Lol
Should work out

I wouldn't hold out for marriage, that's just me though. What if you get married and find out you're not sexually compatible? I could also have more fun dating someone that's not such a prude!

I mean, I'll wait quite a few dates and definitely get to know them first, but waiting till marriage just seems absurd

Old 09-23-2015, 05:18 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
Quote:
Is having premarital sex the reason some women are unable to find husbands? Really?

Retain sexual power

It’s an old cliché but no less true today than when it was coined: men don’t buy a cow when they’re getting the milk for free. If you’re having sex outside of marriage, you’re diminishing your sexual power and your ability to find a good match. Instead of enhancing your relationship, sex will dictate it, setting the agenda and biasing all of your decisions.

Unmet sexual longing is a powerful motivator for men and women alike. Many of our parents, and especially grandparents, had short courtships thanks to this natural force. Men who are getting their sexual needs met casually have fewer reasons to sign up for all the responsibilities of marriage.

Sex should flow from a godly relationship. It was designed to sweeten a life of commitment. When couples partake of it prematurely, it tends to sicken, much like eating dessert before you’ve had dinner. Many Christians who’ve had premarital sex eventually marry; but this does little to alleviate their consciences and often results in disaster.

I find it hard to believe this antiquated belief is part of the issue. Now the better question, would any man in this day and age accept that I decided to stop having premarital sex and wait until marriage?
While I truly respect your commitment to stay a virgin until marriage...one thing that jumps out to me..kinda indicates those "Spoiled" are somehow unclean and discarded with distain.

The reason I say that..Far too many young girls/women were rapped by a father/opportunistic male/trickster's who drug or gang up on a young lady in some Frat House...Are these girls/young women doomed and branded???

IMO..NO..because what happen to them was not wilful...but in reality a crime perpetuated against them..but yet some continually Judge and paint with broad brush as Sinful and unworthy as human beings...Even the Pope declares.."Who am I to Judge" but doesn't stop opinionated types to declare ALL are somehow at fault or worst..declared "Whor3's" ..

Old 09-23-2015, 05:19 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Haha! Getting a guy to marry you so he can have sex with you would be a disaster in the making. Who would want to marry a guy whose primary motivation is to have sex with you?
Might be better than the ex that decided we have no future together, but called to ask if sex was still an option.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
While I truly respect your commitment to stay a virgin until marriage...one thing that jumps out to me..kinda indicates those "Spoiled" are somehow unclean and discarded with distain.

The reason I say that..Far too many young girls/women were rapped by a father/opportunistic male/trickster's who drug or gang up on a young lady in some Frat House...Are these girls/young women doomed and branded???

IMO..NO..because what happen to them was not wilful...but in reality a crime perpetuated against them..but yet some continually Judge and paint with broad brush as Sinful and unworthy as human beings...Even the Pope declares.."Who am I to Judge" but doesn't stop opinionated types to declare ALL are somehow at fault or worst..declared "Whor3's" ..
Oh just to be clear, I have not been a virgin in well over 2 decades. I have kids so no hiding it either.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times
Quote:
Oh god, I don't have a religious bone in my body. Someone said I needed religion in my life, so I went and bought a church pew for my foyer. That will have to do.
So then why are you reading and quoting from a religious site?

Old 09-23-2015, 05:29 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
I and my wife remained a virgin till married and it was no problem for the either of us.
Honor God with your life and have his blessing , dishonor God with your life and have his judgment.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
So then why are you reading and quoting from a religious site?
I did not know it was a religious site.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:33 PM

At this point I am willing to research possible issues. I have had enough of being the source of the dating jokes,while everyone else is happily married with normal family lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships