Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:42 PM

971 posts, read 688,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I already know a christian man would have no idea what to do with me, so no need to even look in that area. I have a wild, free spirit, live it up personality. I think men like the idea of me but rarely know what to do with me. I am fun to take around their friends, can bring fun and excitement to the bar, pool and any where I go. And it is not like I do not settle down some, but I am more Go,Go,Go then most people.

My newest guy has pursued me for a year. He truly does love me and has had a crush on me since high school. I am terrified of getting attached to him relationship wise and then have him roll out also. He does have his own house on a farn, a few miles from mine and he will never move from his house. So no concerns of him moving in.
If the guys don't know what to do with you, it is because you are picking the wrong guys. A guy that likes the same things as you, is going to want to do those things with you.

You say you have a live it up personality, and you are a wild free spirit. And you like to go, go go. Is it possible you are too wild for these guys and you like to go, go go too much? Just a thought. Maybe I should take you up on meeting you for a drink to see just what the heck is wrong with you. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 02:42 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Depends on the age of the men in question, you are pretty much at the age where the sexual power dynamic is starting to shift (unless you are going out with significantly younger men). Men who hit 40's are less driven by sex.

If a man is still single at your age then he likely have to put up with a lot of malarkey and is probably not just going to put a ring on your finger to have sex or because you had sex.

the ideal is to marry young and stay married but we had the sexual revolution and womens rights which have been hell for young men so if they find themselves single at 40 most of them are less than willing to be completely accommodating.

Also this day and time a lot of women are short sighted when they are young and will use their sexual power to make their husbands life hell, not realizing that when they get older and kids are gone he may just up and divorce her ( I have seen this happen in a church I used to go to). He went and bought some high ticket mid life crisis toys and that was that. Its quite likely that she did not make his youth a joy so why should he stick around later on?

Quote:
Finding a Husband « Power to Change

I just read this article and the author suggests that having premarital sex diminishes my power to find a husband. At 37, I am open to researching my options.

Retain sexual power

It’s an old cliché but no less true today than when it was coined: men don’t buy a cow when they’re getting the milk for free. If you’re having sex outside of marriage, you’re diminishing your sexual power and your ability to find a good match. Instead of enhancing your relationship, sex will dictate it, setting the agenda and biasing all of your decisions.

Unmet sexual longing is a powerful motivator for men and women alike. Many of our parents, and especially grandparents, had short courtships thanks to this natural force. Men who are getting their sexual needs met casually have fewer reasons to sign up for all the responsibilities of marriage.

Sex should flow from a godly relationship. It was designed to sweeten a life of commitment. When couples partake of it prematurely, it tends to sicken, much like eating dessert before you’ve had dinner. Many Christians who’ve had premarital sex eventually marry; but this does little to alleviate their consciences and often results in disaster.

So is this really an issue? And would men even accept that a woman wants to wait until marriage? I see the point about buying the cow.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:56 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If I have to manipulate the man into marrying me........ why in gawd's name would I want to have a man under those circumstances?!!!?

I don't need to withhold sex to keep my "power", it's a relationship that you want to have equal partners... not something to wrestle power over.

It sounds like a recipe for disaster. I hate that mentality.
It's something married people do not single people out on the town in a drunken orgy.

What the article said was Why...Why would a guy commit himself in a long term relationship if everything is already out on the table??

People have sex, play house and when things get rough they can leave. No strings, no commitment...nothing.

Basically stop opening your legs and guys will have to straighten up and treat you like a lady instead of a piece of meat just to satisfy their lustful desires.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:49 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Basically stop opening your legs and guys will have to straighten up and treat you like a lady instead of a piece of meat just to satisfy their lustful desires.

LOL. I can have sex and not be treated as a piece of meat.

I am treated like a lady, because I AM a lady - one who had sex before marriage with both my husbands.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-24-2015, 03:59 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Or maybe learn to pick guys who don't treat women like pieces of meat in the first place.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:22 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
Don't you already have two kids? It's not like you are a virgin waiting until marriage. It's kinda silly actually...

Old 09-24-2015, 04:41 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Might be better than the ex that decided we have no future together, but called to ask if sex was still an option.
I think your problem is that your good guy radar is broken.

Given that fact, not having sex until you are married might actually be good for you.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I hear, that's the way...ah ah you like it!
Lol.....who told you!?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:21 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol.....who told you!?

Everyone!

Old 09-24-2015, 08:39 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
It's not an issue for me. It is an issue for my mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships