Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 08:19 AM

837 posts, read 751,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post

It's a lot like working in sales to be honest. For every sale you get, you have to put up with a lot of people who are "just browsing", who string you along, and people who are just rude before you actually make that sale. Put even making the sale itself is not easy. You often have to jump hoops and try your damnest to close the deal. Only instead of a boss pressuring you to make your target; you have your own biological instincts, ego, friends, family, and society pushing you.

It's funny you say this, I absolutely crush it working in car sales - which many people have tried and say it's incredibly hard. To me, I can do the job with my eyes closed

I think it's 100 times easier to sell an $80,000 car than to convince a 23 year old to go out with me. Customers come In seriously interested in a product. Decent women are never even mildly interested in going out with me. Women don't ever put in an effort to help the process- many customers will tell you exactly how to sell them a car.

What frustrates me to death is the weekly compliments from random strangers who gush on about how handsome and sweet I am. All it does is make me think that they're lying or that women do have impossible standards.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:39 AM

361 posts, read 331,720 times
You are a clueless young man, BrantleyGilbert. A woman has to worry about weirdos, perverts, even rape when they meet someone new even at a public place. None of us have to worry about that.

Last edited by IowaConservative; 09-24-2015 at 08:51 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 08:46 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,854,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
It's funny you say this, I absolutely crush it working in car sales - which many people have tried and say it's incredibly hard. To me, I can do the job with my eyes closed

I think it's 100 times easier to sell an $80,000 car than to convince a 23 year old to go out with me. Customers come In seriously interested in a product. Decent women are never even mildly interested in going out with me. Women don't ever put in an effort to help the process- many customers will tell you exactly how to sell them a car.

What frustrates me to death is the weekly compliments from random strangers who gush on about how handsome and sweet I am. All it does is make me think that they're lying or that women do have impossible standards.
Have you ever done the type of sales where you have to approach people as opposed to have people come to you?

I've done both. Having people approach you for a sale far, far, far easier than hunting a sale down.

I'm so grateful I am out of the sales racket. I literally have nightmares about losing my current job and having to do it again.

Okay, back to the subject at hand.

The thing is that there are women out there who are attracted to you. I have no idea what you look like or what your personality is like, but they are out there. The biggest problem is finding them.

That is why celebrities (even ones like YouTube celebrities) can find a girlfriend out of their league otherwise. Fame is like an advertisement.

Worse comes worse. Try something like online dating. At least you'll get an idea if you pass the looks and personality requirements.

It is tedious and often humiliating, but it is often worth it in the end.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:49 AM

231 posts, read 200,763 times
There are more men chasing after a particular women than women chasing after a particular men, in most cases.

It's naturally easier for women to date because they have more options, especially if they're pretty.

The only men who women chase after are men who are pretty/successful/rich. One of those 3.

If you're an average male or a beta male then dating is harder.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
LOL no way you work in sales. The wives are just saying that to be nice and to get you to leave them alone. It's like when you don't want to buy girl scout cookies and tell them you don't have any money.

If a woman wants to set you up, she'll set you up. If a woman thinks you are a weird creep, then you'll get the old "I don't have any single friends" line.

I've rarely asked for them to set me up, they bring that up on their own accord for most part

My friends have brought women around, the problem is A) they are unattractive B) they're married or C) they are single and cute but want nothing to do with me

Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Have you ever done the type of sales where you have to approach people as opposed to have people come to you?

I've done both. Having people approach you for a sale far, far, far easier than hunting a sale down.

I'm so grateful I am out of the sales racket. I literally have nightmares about losing my current job and having to do it again.

Okay, back to the subject at hand.

The thing is that there are women out there who are attracted to you. I have no idea what you look like or what your personality is like, but they are out there. The biggest problem is finding them.

That is why celebrities (even ones like YouTube celebrities) can find a girlfriend out of their league otherwise. Fame is like an advertisement.

Worse comes worse. Try something like online dating. At least you'll get an idea if you pass the looks and personality requirements.

It is tedious and often humiliating, but it is often worth it in the end.
Looks wise, I'm probably a 5/10 worst case scenario and maybe 8/10 best case scenario. Many people say I'm gorgeous in real life while few people online said I'm average

Last edited by brantleygilbert; 09-24-2015 at 09:53 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 09:20 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,691,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
You are a clueless young man, BrantleyGilbert. A woman has to worry about weirdos, perverts, even rape when they meet someone new even at a public place. None of us have to worry about that.
Love it (because it's true).

Listen, it's not a contest of "Who has it easier." Men have problems and challenges to face when dating and women have a whole different set. Just because one set is different doesn't make it easier. I think men who think women have it easier (like the OP) and yes, women who think men have it easier are naive and have "The grass is greener" syndrome.

Everyone who dates faces rejection, heartache, social awkwardness, nervousness, fear etc... women aren't immune to this or some other kind of species that doesn't feel these very saem things. Maybe it's different (they have different fears like the ones Iowa pointed out) But in the end we are all human with the same kinds of feelings.

Like I said, it's not a contest and in the end, whining about life being "unfair" makes you sound very immature and inexperienced in the world. Deal with the set of problems you have in dating (or in any situation in life), grab that bull by the horns and take responsibly for your own destiny. No one else is going to do it for you and hold your hand in life. Besides, no one (female or male) is attracted to a whiner.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:27 AM

29,630 posts, read 34,129,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Whag happened to the sweet supermodel your aunt is fixing you up with? What happened to your buddy's wife, who gushed about you all night and wants to set you up with her friends?
Did you join that Young Armenian-American Professionals group that we linked to last time?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:30 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,306,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I've gotten to know everybody at my job pretty well and I observe everyone pretty closely. It's unbelievable how easy dating is for the women at my job, not one of them particularly decent looking

There is one girl, a blonde who is probably 40 lbs overweight with just horrible looking acne. She is a nice person so I can't say anything bad about her character but her intelligence is highly questionable, makes no money because she has no idea what she's doing. She has a tall good looking white boy friend - she was being pursued hard by another decent looking tall white guy with a pretty good job. Another one of my co workers is a very average looking single mom, chain smoker, very annoying voice, very average figure. She's playing 4-5 dudes at a time, getting dates constantly and being asked out constantly. I think she's sleeping with 3 different guys right now. It just blows my mind

The male equivalent of this just doesn't exist. There are no big guys with horrible acne dating good looking tall white women. Has it always been like this? It seems like dating is getting more and more lopsided - male 9s have to settle for female 6s, female 3's think they should be getting male 8s. Why is this?

I can kill myself to have a nice looking physique, a perfect complexion, a legit college degree, a 180K a year job, the latest in fashionable outfits, etc... etc... etc... and not have 1/10th the dating options as a girl who is like a 3/10 with zero accomplishments whatsoever.
Two words: thirsty boyz. That said, I think I'm the closest to the male equivalent of those women

Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Two words: thirsty boyz. That said, I think I'm the closest to the male equivalent of those women

You're chubby with horrible acne and have a hot girlfriend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships