Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 08:20 PM

491 posts, read 402,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinejackson View Post
Darling Dear,

First stop comparing yourself with others. (that makes you shallow) Secondly change your paradigm. You are inhibiting negative thought energy. I am sure you are attractive and have a lot to offer the right man. Is it that you want to be chased. Be happy, content and love yourself first and foremost.

If you see someone that you think suits you don't be shy to have a conversation with the person. Have you thought about the fact these men are shallow and have low self esteem. Men sometimes are afraid to approach attractive successful women.

Hopes that help.
Best. Post. Ever.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:25 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
You know I truly do wonder why the ratio of men to women seems so much greater with online dating. They're e-mails get flooded while most dudes are left unresponded.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:09 PM

96 posts, read 91,933 times
Males of all species have it hard in the courting game. It's just the way it is.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:06 PM

112 posts, read 141,376 times
Because women are always the ones getting hit on, but the guy is not because women do not want to approach men since they are afraid of them.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:51 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
Dating has just always been incredibly incredibly difficult for me. I convinced myself at a young age that I needed to be utterly perfect to even get a date and that lead to my intense defeatism.

Even now, with all the things I'm doing and heights I'm reaching - it's still nearly an impossible task in my mind to get a number and get a date. I've transformed something that should be pretty simple to the hardest thing on the face of the earth. It's just hard to snap out of it

I wouldn't even say I have anxiety. I talk to pretty women without anxiety, it's just very hard for me to have that chemistry and then ask them out because I can't imagine them liking me. If I had my usual very positive, confident and warm demeanor at all times around the women I like, I'm sure I would have had multiple girlfriends by now. I just need to somehow convince myself that women just want a normal quality guy, that they don't require impossible perfection (which is what I've told myself a million times).

I've turned something that should be very easy for me into something that's impossibly difficult by having a negative attitude.
OP, I think you just hit the nail on the head. Yes, women do just want a normal quality guy and even when I was younger and had more choices, I still just wanted what I want now. Actually, nowadays my standards are higher b/c I know what doesn't work for me these days. It's a sad fact of life that we get pickier as we get older, but our needs change too. Yes women do have more choices when younger but eventually they do choose someone and we can't all have the cream of the crop but that's not what most of us want anyway. We want the right man for us. Also, I have no desire for perfection--how scary--then I'd have to be perfect too.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:09 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
The nice thing about the money is its just freedom. I can go out wherever I want, spend whatever I want. I can buy the nicest and trendiest outfits. I can go on fantastic vacations. I can go go to awesome vacations and concerts. I drive a Lexus GS and im going to get a Tesla next year - i love nice cars. My overall lifestyle is absolutely magnificent. Honestly I'm very grateful to be in this position
None of it matters. You're still utterly miserable because you are not getting women on any level. Your lifestyle is far from magnificent.

The travel industry isn't geared towards those traveling alone. You are very restricted on what you can do travel-wise without a significant other. Also, it's not really feasible to travel with a significant other until at least 6 months into the relationship.

Your clothes don't matter unless you approach.

Your car doesn't matter unless you have enough social skills to get a prospect to see your car.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:16 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
None of it matters. You're still utterly miserable because you are not getting women on any level. Your lifestyle is far from magnificent.

The travel industry isn't geared towards those traveling alone. You are very restricted on what you can do travel-wise without a significant other. Also, it's not really feasible to travel with a significant other until at least 6 months into the relationship.

Your car doesn't matter unless you have enough social skills to get a prospect to see your car.
Plenty of people travel by themselves.

In fact, a lot of people have actually met an SO during their travels alone.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:21 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

Where do you get the absurd that it's hard to travel alone or the idea you can't travel with someone for 6 months? Hell...we were married by the time 6 months came around!

Old 09-26-2015, 03:44 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,808 times
If you really think one gender has it easier, now YOU are the one who has it harder.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:50 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnAzizboii View Post
Because women are always the ones getting hit on, but the guy is not because women do not want to approach men since they are afraid of them.
Why are men afraid of us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships