Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2015, 07:31 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,376 times

Advertisements

It is true that some women do have a lot of advantages that men don't when it comes to dating; i.e., they can typically wait to be approached whereas men have to do the approaching, etc.

That being said, it is a misnomer to make a blanket statement that "all" women have more advantages than "all" men when it comes to dating. I know single women in their 30's who haven't been asked out by by many - if any - guys. So, not all women can just stand around & wait for guys to ask them out.

Also, when I was younger especially - but even sometimes these days - women did/do pursue me and I don't have to do much pursuing myself - in some cases. This is happening less & less as I get older, but the point is that some women don't mind going after guys & doing a lot of the the initial "work" that is involved in dating.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 AM

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I've gotten to know everybody at my job pretty well and I observe everyone pretty closely. It's unbelievable how easy dating is for the women at my job, not one of them particularly decent looking

There is one girl, a blonde who is probably 40 lbs overweight with just horrible looking acne. She is a nice person so I can't say anything bad about her character but her intelligence is highly questionable, makes no money because she has no idea what she's doing. She has a tall good looking white boy friend - she was being pursued hard by another decent looking tall white guy with a pretty good job. Another one of my co workers is a very average looking single mom, chain smoker, very annoying voice, very average figure. She's playing 4-5 dudes at a time, getting dates constantly and being asked out constantly. I think she's sleeping with 3 different guys right now. It just blows my mind

The male equivalent of this just doesn't exist. There are no big guys with horrible acne dating good looking tall white women. Has it always been like this? It seems like dating is getting more and more lopsided - male 9s have to settle for female 6s, female 3's think they should be getting male 8s. Why is this?

I can kill myself to have a nice looking physique, a perfect complexion, a legit college degree, a 180K a year job, the latest in fashionable outfits, etc... etc... etc... and not have 1/10th the dating options as a girl who is like a 3/10 with zero accomplishments whatsoever.
Wow, you have a lot going on in this post. Is there someone around who can proof read your posts before you hit submit so it won't make you seem like such a self centered, clueless person? I'm not saying that you are, but this isn't a good image you are portraying. Maybe look in the mirror for the solution to your relationship problems.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:44 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,890 times
Quote:
I can kill myself to have a nice looking physique, a perfect complexion, a legit college degree, a 180K a year job, the latest in fashionable outfits, etc... etc... etc... and not have 1/10th the dating options as a girl who is like a 3/10 with zero accomplishments whatsoever.
Wow, that's word by word Elliot Rodger talk.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:47 AM

361 posts, read 333,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Wow, that's word by word Elliot Rodger talk.
I shouldn't laugh but that was an accurate description. Scary!

Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 AM

837 posts, read 753,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I just had another thought Brantley: how is your OL profile? I'm thinking that about 98% of men have a really lame profile. Are you one of those? So many men are afraid of offending someone that they say all the same dumb trite stuff that everyone says. If I had a dime for every man who says he's not looking for drama, I could buy the Taj Mahal. Keep all the butt-hurt comments out of your profile or you will never get a date, or many fewer anyway. But if you're afraid of offending someone--is she the one for you anyway? Don't you want someone who "gets" your humor?

online dating? LMAO

Online dating only works for men who either look like Henry Cavill or Chris Hemsworth or for good good looking successful men who are willing to date overweight moms with 9 kids with more baggage than 6 airports.

Decently cute, fit females my age without any kids are getting hit on about 2385382052850235023520528050585 times.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Are you able to ever turn off the hyperbole? It's hard to take your claims about your looks, personality, and lifestyle seriously when you can't speak truthfully and honestly.
Apparently not.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
It is true that some women do have a lot of advantages that men don't when it comes to dating; i.e., they can typically wait to be approached whereas men have to do the approaching, etc.

That being said, it is a misnomer to make a blanket statement that "all" women have more advantages than "all" men when it comes to dating. I know single women in their 30's who haven't been asked out by by many - if any - guys. So, not all women can just stand around & wait for guys to ask them out.

Also, when I was younger especially - but even sometimes these days - women did/do pursue me and I don't have to do much pursuing myself - in some cases. This is happening less & less as I get older, but the point is that some women don't mind going after guys & doing a lot of the the initial "work" that is involved in dating.

Are you an extremely good looking All American white dude? Women will sometimes hit on you if you look like a male model

In my case, for whatever reason, I'm good looking enough to be drooled at by gay men and to receive sometimes 10-15 compliments in 1 month by random strangers but not to receive any indicators of interest from women. In my mind, I keep wondering if my problems are because I'm Armenian and not white. I have 2 close friends who are good looking, but no better looking than me, but they do run into plenty of dating opportunities because they're white.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:41 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
In my case, for whatever reason, I'm good looking enough to be drooled at by gay men and to receive sometimes 10-15 compliments in 1 month by random strangers but not to receive any indicators of interest from women. In my mind, I keep wondering if my problems are because I'm Armenian and not white. I have 2 close friends who are good looking, but no better looking than me, but they do run into plenty of dating opportunities because they're white.
Racial self-hatred. Another leaf off the Elliot Rodger book.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Racial self-hatred. Another leaf off the Elliot Rodger book.
how did you infer that? I love my people

It's just no secret that American women prefer white men. I would probably do a little better approaching Hispanic women (people say I look like Mario Lopez in real life, especially with my smile) but I live in a very rich, predominantly white area... I'm around white women.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:08 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,035,584 times
Is Mario Lopez really held as some standard of good looks in 2015?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships