Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 01:07 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1;41527608
[I
Newsflash[/i] - time to join and understand the real human race and realize that we are not exact carbon copies of each other.
You're fighting an uphill battle here on CD-R.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:12 AM

861 posts, read 852,158 times
Just a fact of life the world over. Deal with it.

A good looking woman will be hit on multiple times a day. Few guys I know from models to successful entrpreneurs get that kind of attention.

Stop moaning and get out there.

In truth, out of a choice of being a male in patriachial society versus being a woman, I would choose being a guy every time.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:06 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,861 times
Mod cut: reference to post which has been deleted.

But you have to admit, the reason why so many of the women's problems don't matter is because so many men don't have standards other than, "must be pretty." I know I am not dating someone with no confidence, no money, no friends and is boring and quiet (okay, obscure interests we share)... but there are guys out there who will date someone like that. Can't blame the women for other guys' lack of standards.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-15-2015 at 12:35 PM..

Old 10-15-2015, 11:04 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Hahaha! Same here. Guys go through some challenges and girls might go through other ones. But for those who couldn't see Akonyo's link, here it is:
Mod cut: reference to post which has been deleted. For those who can't make the "just have to look good" standard, none of the rest applies. And according to some of our members, even those who look good, if they're quiet and shy, don't make it in the door. Plus, there's a real downside to "boring is expected of me", "he doesn't even ask about my friends", "pretends to be interested in my obscure interests". What's the point of dating if no one's interested in getting to know you? A lot of women walk away from those guys. That kind of "dating" may work fine for women who are into partying and sex, but that's not the majority of women. The graphic describes a kind of dating that many women not only aren't interested in, but find demoralizing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-15-2015 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-16-2015, 02:22 AM

861 posts, read 852,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Mod cut: reference to post which has been deleted. For those who can't make the "just have to look good" standard, none of the rest applies. And according to some of our members, even those who look good, if they're quiet and shy, don't make it in the door. Plus, there's a real downside to "boring is expected of me", "he doesn't even ask about my friends", "pretends to be interested in my obscure interests". What's the point of dating if no one's interested in getting to know you? A lot of women walk away from those guys. That kind of "dating" may work fine for women who are into partying and sex, but that's not the majority of women. The graphic describes a kind of dating that many women not only aren't interested in, but find demoralizing.
I won't dispute any of the above, but it is still easier for woman to pick up a new guy than the other way round.

I had a female friend who was adamant that a man cheating was much worse than a woman cheating. I asked her how she came to that conclusion? she looked me square in the eyes and said "because unlike me I know he has had to work for it!"

Old 10-16-2015, 12:20 PM

272 posts, read 185,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
one is selling a drug called sex and the other is trying to buy it. drug pusher vs addict. not a level playing field.
a snake eating a frog is not having a relationship.
Just when I thought things couldn't get any more depressing, I read this post.

Wasn't she supposed to kiss the frog?

Old 10-16-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Oh, I was definitely selective. Very selective, as was my husband. But he wasn't the only man I met or dated from these sites. I did have a certain type, and there was no shortage of this type in the areas I lived.

Everyone has a list. To claim otherwise is fallacious.
Yes, everyone does have a list, but it is the length of it that causes the trouble.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Oh, I was definitely selective. Very selective, as was my husband. But he wasn't the only man I met or dated from these sites. I did have a certain type, and there was no shortage of this type in the areas I lived.

Everyone has a list. To claim otherwise is fallacious.
I would also like to point out that your successful match was made possible by the massive advantage accorded you by nature. There isn't going to be much "holding out for Miss Right" by the male population in general. Miss Not-So-Bad maybe.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJaction View Post
I would also like to point out that your successful match was made possible by the massive advantage accorded you by nature. There isn't going to be much "holding out for Miss Right" by the male population in general. Miss Not-So-Bad maybe.
So - women suck therefore men have to settle - but men are awesome therefore women can hold out for the right guy? Ok.

Old 10-16-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Great analogy!

Running with this, I work in an in-demand field. I've recently began looking for a new job and posted my resume on various job websites. Since then, I have been inundated with calls and emails from recruiters (averaging about 10-20 total per day). Many of these jobs are not particularly good jobs. So I'm getting quantity, but not as much quality. It can be overwhelming at times.

This is the average experience of any woman at any given time (especially with OLD). The only difference is that I acknowledge that I'm lucky to have any job offers at all and I am grateful (it's better to have many bad job offers than no job offers at all). Women, on the other hand, feel entitled to their perfect guy. So they do not share this sentiment. Whereas a good portion of men are just happy to have any interest from women at all.

It's strange to me that women don't understand this, but it comes up repeatedly and very few seem to.
Oh they understand it all too well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships