Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 09:13 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Unless she just wants sex and makes it easy. Then I'll consider it (though, since I've been voluntarily celibate going on 1.5 years, it'll probably still be a no).
Celibacy sucks. You need to get laid. Get it done.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:21 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But what you're glossing over is that many of these Plain Jane/Eleanor Rigby type women are not necessarily the kind of people who are putting themselves out there where you'd pay any attention to them. They don't feel confident enough for online dating, because they know their limitations. They're not out at meat market nightclubs on the weekends. They're not party girls. They're at home reading or socializing with a few friends (who may be coupled up.) They go to work and go home. They're not women you, as a younger guy, would notice.
Did you not see my post earlier in this thread?

I don't go clubbing either.

I'm currently interested in a girl that I work with. She is not my type physically (although she is pretty), but she is intelligent, hard-working, and sweet. She's pretty much always at work (and she's very good at her job). We seem to have a similar sense of humor and I go out of my way to talk to her almost daily (unless I'm having a really crappy day). She appears to be receptive to this. I've gotten to know her pretty well over a two year span. Also, I'm friends with just about everyone I work with (including the work gossips) so I pretty much know who here is sketchy and who isn't. This woman has a sterling reputation.

She's been single for a while, but, when I first met her, I thought she was absolutely stunning. Personally, I can't figure out how she's been single for so long. She seems perfect. In any event, I have been unable to ask her out (for reasons that I can't yet mention here....that have nothing to do with me being a pansy).

Old 10-18-2015, 09:22 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Celibacy sucks. You need to get laid. Get it done.
I don't like casual sex (I've tried it) and would prefer to wait until I find a girl that I'm seriously dating.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,834 times
There is a man for every woman, but not a woman for every man; I am the poster boy for failure when it comes to attracting women ����

Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 AM

641 posts, read 405,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666HailBaphomet666 View Post
There is a man for every woman, but not a woman for every man; I am the poster boy for failure when it comes to attracting women ����
You're not in a minority. A high percentage of men find it extremely difficult to get anywhere with women.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:06 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
You're not in a minority. A high percentage of men find it extremely difficult to get anywhere with women.
Perhaps if you looked at women as cool and interesting people to spend time with and not just annoying impediments to you getting laid you'd have a little more success.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:00 PM

231 posts, read 201,874 times
Dating is easier for women because they have the final say in whether they sustain a relationship with a man or not.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnidroid View Post
Dating is easier for women because they have the final say in whether they sustain a relationship with a man or not.
Can you explain this to me? Because I always thought that relationships were based on both people wanting to be in a relationship with the other person - but apparently, men have no control over who they are in a relationship with. So, if a woman is dating a man and she's falling in love with him but he doesn't really think it's working - he has to be in a relationship anyway because she gets the final say?

Old 10-18-2015, 02:59 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Can you explain this to me? Because I always thought that relationships were based on both people wanting to be in a relationship with the other person - but apparently, men have no control over who they are in a relationship with. So, if a woman is dating a man and she's falling in love with him but he doesn't really think it's working - he has to be in a relationship anyway because she gets the final say?
I disagree with the statement but it was basically saying that women have it easier as they are the ones that control whether or not a relationship will continue/flourish or fizzle and be terminated. Based on my experience, this is not the case as either person can decide to end a relationship for whatever reason or no reason at all.

Hopefully these threads have illustrated that the concept of a female being able to date whomever she pleases without putting in any effort whatsoever (and being able to land any guy she wants just b/c she's a she) is not accurate.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:01 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I think it's very true in teens and 20s. The percentages start to change and flip a bit as both sexes age beyond that.
Your thinking it's true doesn't make it true. Try talking to some real women (you must have sisters or cousins, or something) to get a more realistic view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships