Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 09:54 AM

311 posts, read 291,981 times

Advertisements

Even Brad Pitt got rejected before becoming rich and famous. It's life, deal with it.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:49 AM

23 posts, read 27,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Dating is more difficult for women, the simple reason being that women are far more pickier about the men they date in terms of physical attractiveness and income. That usually means a large number of women are going after the 10% of men who satisfy that criteria but those 10% more often than not are players.

Hence you see so many women caught up in the breakup cycle and also staying with men who treat them poorly.
Interesting concept, but the numbers you mentioned actually illustrate why it's so much more difficult for men. If women are all going for the top 10%, then that means 90% of men are left in the cold. Women's choosiness (which to a degree I think is reasonable, and to another degree I think is utter silliness on the part of women, American women specifically) only cuts off most males from any consistent dating opportunities.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWilliams View Post
Interesting concept, but the numbers you mentioned actually illustrate why it's so much more difficult for men. If women are all going for the top 10%, then that means 90% of men are left in the cold. Women's choosiness (which to a degree I think is reasonable, and to another degree I think is utter silliness on the part of women, American women specifically) only cuts off most males from any consistent dating opportunities.
ANd yet - most men seem to date consistently so it seems that maybe all these "facts" are probably incorrect.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:59 AM

52,007 posts, read 52,457,444 times
WHY WON"T THIS F ING THREAD JUST DIE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleye s:

Old 10-23-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
WHY WON"T THIS F ING THREAD JUST DIE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleye s:
Because some of these men want a prize for being the biggest victim and they won't stop until they get it. What they don't realize is that it's a lifetime of celibacy! That's the prize!!! Bwahahahah!

Old 10-23-2015, 09:37 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,197,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
ANd yet - most men seem to date consistently so it seems that maybe all these "facts" are probably incorrect.
I think "some" is a more appropriate term than "most" in this context. From what I have seen it seems to be a 50/50 split between those that consistently date and those that don't. For those that don't dating is just another one of those things that wasn't meant to be in life.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 AM

23 posts, read 27,856 times
I'm not even having these issues, but I'm human enough to empathize with them, I know they're real. I see it all the time.

What's sad about this society today is that if men have a social issue they need help with, both women and men (looking for the approval of women) join in to pile on them, degrade them, ridicule them, and shame them. Nothing good can come from that behavior. This is one way we create monsters.

If women have a social issue however, even the exact same one, both women and men rush to their aide with loads of empathy and understanding to help women through it, and even throw some man-bashing into the mix (which has become a sort of national pastime these days).

America is socially sick, and largely oblivious to it...

Old 10-23-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I think "some" is a more appropriate term than "most" in this context. From what I have seen it seems to be a 50/50 split between those that consistently date and those that don't. For those that don't dating is just another one of those things that wasn't meant to be in life.
From what I have seen - most people date fairly consistently.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:03 AM

238 posts, read 222,138 times
Quote:
I'm not even having these issues, but I'm human enough to empathize with them, I know they're real. I see it all the time.

What's sad about this society today is that if men have a social issue they need help with, both women and men (looking for the approval of women) join in to pile on them, degrade them, ridicule them, and shame them. Nothing good can come from that behavior. This is one way we create monsters.

If women have a social issue however, even the exact same one, both women and men rush to their aide with loads of empathy and understanding to help women through it, and even throw some man-bashing into the mix (which has become a sort of national pastime these days).

Agree. Many of these women are cruel. Not trying to help out. More like trying to shame them.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:12 AM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,307 times
Quote:

For some reason a lot of people beleive men don't have feelings or emotions and are robotic and never effected by anything and should be able to deal with whatever comes their way and never complain..

Look at this site for instance..the subjects that you can't bring up here are things men are effected by.. Why is that topic not allowed but other things complained about ad nauseum allowed to be?

Any struggling dating topic for men here is always complained about by women asking it to be taken down because they think it somehow takes away from their complaints..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.