Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 02:43 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I met one guy who told me I look better than my pictures and "I take crappy photos." Lol. I think he meant that as a compliment.

I had selfies, body shots, and head shots on my profile. I re-activated my OLD profile about two months ago and messaged a guy who was big, but otherwise ok. He asked me to send him more photos of myself. First of all, that's creepy. If 6 photos of me in all different angles isn't enough, then what is? Secondly, you weigh like 300 lbs if not more. Who are you to be picky?

That's when I decided that OLD can suck it.

The truth is that you always take a chance with OLD. Guys seem to want a guarantee for no surprises. It's only natural for people to choose their best photos or else no one is going to message them. It's not deceptive. People either need to face that fact, lower their standards, or get the hell off OLD altogether. Is it really going to kill you to spend the time it takes to drink a coffee with someone you aren't attracted to? Maybe if people weren't so superficial they wouldn't be lonely.
So true, I actually expect a woman to be a few pounds heavier or lighter than their photos, the older we get the more our weight fluctuates on a weekly or monthly basis.
I only have issue when the difference is extreme. like very large women who for genetic reasons don't show weight in the face or neck, so any photo from the chest up you would think they were thin.
Those are the women who get mistaken for pregnant all the time.
I had a date like that once, beautiful face and when i went to pick her up she was obese. thin arms and legs, all her weight was from her hips to her armpits, kinda built like the cartoon cowboy who sang "hankerin for a hunka cheese".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 03:49 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I am contemplating including group shots with my least attractive friends.
or perhaps find a group of homeless people to pose with.
Yeah, if you insist on posting photos with other people, you really need to make sure that you're the most attractive one.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:10 AM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
I met two who looked nothing like their pics and one that looked better . so you never know....

Old 09-27-2015, 04:42 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
I was the gray silhouette for 10 years. I still met many people, and even met my new husband while I was a gray silhouette.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:08 PM

138 posts, read 92,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I don't need to see a dude with his shirt of to determine he's not 14.

Guys who post shirtless pics are telling me that either they are only looking for a sexual relationship (here's what your getting, ladies!) or they're very, very impressed with themselves.

I'll give a pass to the "Here I am snorkeling in Belize!" shirtless pic if it's one of many other, clothed pictures and he's just trying to show a variety of pictures or interests. But I will pass on Shirtless-selfie-in-the-bathroom guy.
I wouldn't post a pic of myself at all. Just my life and let you guess.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:15 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yeah, if you insist on posting photos with other people, you really need to make sure that you're the most attractive one.
Exactly, if your short take group photos with even shorter guys, if shubby take photos with people twice your size etc etc.... you always end up looking better by contrast.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:14 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,045,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post

haha. so true.

I look at photos of women with their hotter sister, and the immediate thought in my mind is- is the sister available?

Old 10-10-2015, 06:26 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,428 times
Photos can be very deceptive. With the right angle and lighting, a guy who has lost 50% of his hair can look like he has a full head of hair, for example.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:23 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,216,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Photos can be very deceptive. With the right angle and lighting, a guy who has lost 50% of his hair can look like he has a full head of hair, for example.
Yeah, but then you don't even bother messaging people who only have photos like that. Seems simple enough to me.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:20 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,110,311 times
Headshots only = fat and trying to misrepresent it.

I'm amazed at how many people in online dating use photos from 5+ years ago that are clearly timestamped with those dates.

Part of the issue I think is that very few people take photos with an actual camera, not a cell phone, these days. So the quality of many people's photos is automatically low because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships