Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:52 AM

5 posts, read 4,755 times

Advertisements

Whenever I try to initiate sex with my wife, most of the time she says that she's not in the mood. This is very troubling for me because I can only think of 3 possibilities as to what's going on, which are :

1. She's cheating
2. She's thinking of leaving
3. She has some kind of sexual dysfunction

I very much doubt that she's cheating. I know enough about her schedule and comings and goings to know that it would be very hard.

I have no reason to think that she would want to leave. She generally seems happy and we've always been open about things. If there was a problem she would have brought it up long ago and it would have been dealt with by now.

So the only thing that makes any sense to me is that she has a sexual dysfunction.

I can't understand how a woman would not be in the mood to have sex with her own husband. There's nothing about sex that is unappealing. It's all positive. You get an orgasm, you get exercise, and you get to bond. It's win win. That's why I don't take her reason at face value. It's obviously either an excuse for something else or it's due to a sexual dysfunction that makes it hard for her to enjoy sex. I believe that most women who say that they're not in the mood come under one of the 3 categories above.

I don't think it could be anything to do with deliberately withholding sex, although my friends have suggested this as a strong possibility. I don't really think women do that.

But this still leaves me with a problem that I can't figure out how to solve, and whenever I bring it up she says everything is fine.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:58 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Weebly View Post
Whenever I try to initiate sex with my wife, most of the time she says that she's not in the mood. This is very troubling for me because I can only think of 3 possibilities as to what's going on, which are :

1. She's cheating

I very much doubt that she's cheating. I know enough about her schedule and comings and goings to know that it would be very hard.

I have no reason to think that she would want to leave. She generally seems happy and we've always been open about things. If there was a problem she would have brought it up long ago and it would have been dealt with by now.

So the only thing that makes any sense to me is that she has a sexual dysfunction.

I can't understand how a woman would not be in the mood to have sex with her own husband. There's nothing about sex that is unappealing. It's all positive. You get an orgasm, you get exercise, and you get to bond. It's win win. That's why I don't take her reason at face value. It's obviously either an excuse for something else or it's due to a sexual dysfunction that makes it hard for her to enjoy sex. I believe that most women who say that they're not in the mood come under one of the 3 categories above.

I don't think it could be anything to do with deliberately withholding sex, although my friends have suggested this as a strong possibility. I don't really think women do that.

But this still leaves me with a problem that I can't figure out how to solve, and whenever I bring it up she says everything is fine.
Are you sure that she enjoys the sex? Maybe she doesn't or maybe she's distracted by other things so sex isn't a priority. Talk to her about it and don't make assumptions.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:59 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
If she says everything is fine? Why doesn't she want to have sex? Surely, you had a serious conversation with her about this? Probably not, youre still left guessing.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:01 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,885 times
How old are you two? Age may play a factor. Also, you do know there are other reasons she may not be in the mood besides cheating. Maybe she's not feeling well, maybe you're lousy in the sack, maybe she's tired, maybe she's depressed, maybe she has a low sex drive. Who knows? Try talking with her.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Has this been going on for a while, or is it fairly recent?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:05 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

1. She's cheating

Really? These are the only three? Puhleease.

Maybe she isn't feeling loved?

Not valued/attractive to you or in general?

Maybe she isn't enjoying the sex?

There are three more... and that is just the start of the list.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:09 AM

4 posts, read 5,685 times
When women say they're not in the mood, don't believe them. Something's up. She's lying to you that's for sure.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:11 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
It sounds to me like she is most likely cheating. If you've noitced a major personality change for no apparent reason, that adds to this theory.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,717 times
Quote:

1. She's cheating

Think again.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:15 AM

6 posts, read 12,574 times
Quote:

1. She's cheating

I also don't think she could be withholding sex on purpose. It's just not something women do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships